Reviews for World on Fire
darrelodin chapter 15 . 9/28/2013
Well, besides the couple of grammatical errors, awesome story once more! The relationships continued very well, some little secrets were finally put out, and nobody important died!
RandomReader chapter 11 . 9/10/2013
You're WHAT? Aww, man! Well, good job on the chapter anyway.
RandomNameReader chapter 2 . 9/8/2013
Wow. In no other story have I seen anyone work the fact that Mewtwo is 6' 7" tall into their fanfiction. Good job, Kayauri-n.:]
Dragxon chapter 5 . 6/12/2013
blue dye for vahan. no. reflective green dye. YES!
Guest chapter 15 . 7/14/2012
BrenTwo shipping O

MewDa? XD anyway awesome stuff.
Aronim chapter 15 . 6/30/2012
This is really a lot of fun to read. One more thing though, the riot just seems to happen for no particular reason. Is it on purpose or was it a mistake that you didn't really explain why it happened?
Aronim chapter 11 . 6/30/2012
One thing in: In this chapter you imply (or outright state) several times that Mewtwo doesn't have claws, while later in Chosen Fate, when Brenda wakes Mewtwo up from his nightmare, he seems to have claws, the sentence goes something like "since when did Mewtwo have claws anyway?" Is that an oversight or continuity error or is Mewtwo unaware that he has claws until that time when he attacks Brenda?

One other thing, did Davis miss the "non-hacker"-comment Brenda made in the meeting she was in or was that comment one more thing that set into motion the events that let to this collapse in their cooperation?

Great dramatic chapter.
Aronim chapter 2 . 6/30/2012
The furniture shopping is absolutely hilarious.
Silvar Sunstrider chapter 15 . 9/26/2009
GREAT STORY! Just finished the whole thing, and its HILARIUS!And I love the parts where Mewtwo goes boom. Nice one!

Kyuuketsuki Fang chapter 15 . 7/30/2009
Love how you make Brenda so disagreeable. There are too many stories where the main character is friendly and nice to everyone. It adds character!
Williamguest chapter 15 . 5/10/2009
IM still reading your stories, I like them so much I read thru the night.
dr.evil99 chapter 8 . 4/4/2009
I don't think that I've ever seen Brenda this worried before. We're used to seeing her angry (her default mode), and we've even seen her concerned, but it's clear that these crime scenes are getting to her. She can't help but link the appearances of the victims to Alison. It seems like this is a downside of being a good cop... you're never really off the job.

And speaking of the crime scenes, you're really doing a good job of spelling out the details here. I think this as vivid as I've ever seen your work get. The level of description here really hammers home the horrors of what's going on here. When I read these, I really don't feel like I'm reading something in the Pokemon universe... this is far more gritty. Some Pokemon fans may gripe about this, I suppose, but I really like this.

About the only thing I can say I'd like to see some of is that I'd like to see some of Mewtwo's perspective here. I'm really wondering how he's dealing with this... this is perhaps the most horrible crime he's had to face. Even thought the victims are not his species, I think that this still has to affect him. If it's getting to Brenda, a far more seasoned cop than him, I can't see how it couldn't.

Overall, I continue to be very impressed. A lot of mystery type stories seem to move slowly just out of the meticulous construction they require, but this seems to be very brisk. I never feel like you're slowing the pace down to just dump info or clues to the reader, a fact that I very much appreciate. Great work, as always.
dr.evil99 chapter 7 . 4/3/2009
Okay, I'm not dead. Granted, it was touch and go there for a while, but that's a tale for another time.

This chapter is Brenda-centric, and even after having been away for so long, it's a great testament to your skills that everything about her felt so right and so natural picking this story up again. All the things I loved about her are just as I remember, all the no-nosense drive, the thorny lack of personal skills, all there. But what you did in this chapter that stuck with me was the wonderful job of softening her when she had to break the news of the tragedy to the dead girl's parents. You don't over-do it, and turn Brenda into a huge seething ball of angst. In fact, she's more or less business as usual after that brief section is over (and to be an effective officer, that's the way she'd have to be.) But for that one brief section around the phone conversation, I can honestly say I felt like I got just a bit more understanding of the character. I know from having talked to you about her that Brenda's irascible nature is a defense, to a great degree, but seeing it on the page here is truly effective.

More things I noticed... the bit you give Brenda about how the rapist got off on the violence of his act as much as the sexual aspect is spot-on correct. Rape is as much a crime about control and domination of the victim as about intercourse, if not moreso. It's textbook criminal psychology. Little details like that set the great writers apart from the average. Speaking of psychology, the snippet of convo between Mewtwo and Brenda, about how she'd prefer to be facing 'murder and mayhem' says a lot about her. It's not that she's a savage, but she is not a person comfortable sitting and waiting, or with her nose in files investigating. She can do it if she has to, but Mewtwo is probably has a better temperment for it.

In fact, I would say that Mewtwo is better at it than he is dealing with crime scenes/field work. And here I'm a bit conflicted... I understands why Brenda would keep him away from being part of the autopsy itself. Mewtwo is really not comfortable with violence itself, and violence of a sexual nature would really bake his noodle (this is a guy who can't get the word 'semen' out of his mouth when reading a police report.) But I do think I would have liked seeing him in this scene just to see how such duress is going to affect him. He is a cop after all, and Brenda can't protect him from the realities of his work forever. This sort of thing will either make him stronger, or it'll break him. But knowing you, I think you already have some nasty things planned for him, so I shouldn't be wishing this on the poor fellow.

Frankly, reading this just makes me realize what a dummy I've been for not keeping up with this. I've been away from fanfic in general for a long time, and it's true there's a lot of crap out there. But reading this reminds me what I really liked about the form in the first place. Onwards I go, and thank you for a wonderful chapter.
CrossoverAUman chapter 5 . 2/20/2009
Oh God. Sheryl reminds me of my great grandmother.
Jinamos Noyerit chapter 11 . 9/24/2008
I've greatly enjoyed all of your Sword & Shield 'verse stories, but I had to leave a review on this chapter to say this: the section where Mewtwo reveals something of his methodology, and then snaps and just teleports away from Davis was brilliantly written. This part especially got to me:

"Davis grabbed onto the back of a chair reflexively. He'd just...

"Fuck," she said to the empty room."

Coming right after the argument about Mewtwo's methods, it is easy to envision the thoughts that must have been running through Davis' head. Very well done!