Reviews for A Life Deferred
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 5 . 5/9/2011
This is an amazing fic so far and, while it seems to have been abandoned, I would really love to see it continued if you ever get the time again. I love the Cassie/Mace dynamic you have going here, it just seems to fit and I would hate to see such a wonderful set-up go to waste.
waitingfortoday chapter 5 . 9/1/2010
Hello, LeeW!

First off, I just want to say that I created this fanfiction account just so I could review your story and to ask you, "Where is the rest of your story?" I don't think I've ever read any fanfic that actually compelled me to create an FF account. I've been lurking on this site for quite some time now without an account, and if an author doesn't allow anonymous reviews, then I just don't care and keep reading, anyway. But you...your story is on a whole different plane altogether because it is soooo GOOD! I can't believe you just stopped writing this story and leave us all hanging here! Please, please, pleeease, finish the story, I beg you on bended knees! The suspense is killing me, I think I might tear my hair out.

I just watched "Sunshine" again on video four days ago (I first watched at a cinema when it was released years ago) and it gave me a much better appreciation of the movie. I was only surfing FF today to look for fandoms or genres that might interest me, and I was pleasantly suprised to find "Sunshine" fanfics and your story was the first one I read. It surely didn't disappoint me. You write the technical stuff so well, it makes me feel like my head is still immersed in the movie, but it isn't boring at all. It lends credibility to your story, and I was hooked from the first to the fifth (and hopefully not the last) chapter. Your narrative is written in a way that really catches the attention of the reader, even in the more technical parts of the story, and I assure you I normally don't have patience for that, but you have a talent for drawing in the reader to this fictional world you've created.

I really like the way you've written Cassie and Mace. This pairing is HOT! We can see how they start off as friends and colleagues who eventually fall for each other. The way you've written their story makes it easy for us to believe and understand how they could make the transition from friends to lovers to estranged former lovers who are civil with each other. It kind of makes me want to wish there was actually more interaction between them in the movie, but that's what fan fiction is for, right? It fills in the gaps of what authors or directors fail to provide.

The premise is also very interesting. I can't wait to see how Cassie's untold story can affect her and Mace as they set to complete their (ill-fated) mission.

At the risk of sounding impatient and redundant, I ask you, please update your story! I hope you haven't lost interest in it yet. )
deeday1000 chapter 5 . 8/11/2010
L.O.V.E it!:)

please write more...PLEASE!
Liz Wyatt chapter 5 . 6/10/2009
So I just found your story and am completely intrigued. I know it's been a while, but maybe you're just waiting for the creative drive to finish this? I hope you do consider it. I've loved Cassie & Mace's whole backstory and after watching Sunshine today I think they didn't explore these two enough. oh well. more fodder for fictioners.
Sakura123 chapter 5 . 1/21/2009
Excellent Chapter; I loved the interactions between Cassie and Capa, and even more so with Corazon and Mace; You really brought to light their relationships with each other. It was also great to see a little more of what was on Mace's mind as well.

Update Soon!

MackayFire chapter 5 . 1/14/2009
I really enjoy this story for many reasons, firstly because it's rare to get such a well written romance based on a movie that had none! Mostly though because of the thought and detail you put into it. I like hearing about Mace and Cassie's relationship but the ship is a character in itself and you describe it's aspects in a way that makes it interesting and weaves it into the main story smoothly. Yay for Cappa too, he's great and I like that he's Cassie's confidante. They have that quiet pensive vibe going for them that makes them almost sibling-like.

Woosh that was long but I think your work deserves a thought out review in return. Please keep writing and I'll keep reading and reviewing :)
Love and Rock Music chapter 5 . 1/14/2009
Another great chapter! And we got some Capa action, which so, so awesome. Please tell me there will be more? I'm of the interpretation that Cassie and Mace had a history and he was the father of the baby, but that Capa and Cassie fall in love over the course of the mission. Of course, this story focuses on Mace, so I won't get my hopes up, but it would still be really cool.

And I loved Mace using Corazon's orange blossom tea to defrost his hands. Can't wait for the next chapter (please don't let it be so long again!).
Sakura123 chapter 4 . 12/7/2008
Excellente Chapter!

Update Soon!

Love and Rock Music chapter 4 . 12/5/2008
Very good! I loved the image of Mace sleeping on Cassie's lap. It reminded me of the deleted scene where he's dozing in the pilot's chair next to her, and hits a control with his foot. I've always felt that scene says a lot about their relationship and about how comfortable they are around each other. In this chapter, I almost feel we start to see the reasons behind that scene. (I also liked Corazon's line about institutional medicine.)

Is Cassie going to tell Mace about the baby? I'm dying to know. Keep up the good work!
Love and Rock Music chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
Wow. The way the action is described totally captures the reader, and the idea is so well in context - maintenance training underwater, brilliant. Once again, I love the small details slipped in, especially "She would come to no bad end on his watch, not when he had come to care for her so deeply".
Love and Rock Music chapter 2 . 12/5/2008
I really like this. The writing gives us everything that's brimming under the surface during the whole film - onscreen they're all flat, like they've sacrificed their feelings for the sake of the mission. Your Cassie feels more real. It's her personality to feel the most, so one would imagine she had an awful lot to hide. . .

I did like the detail about Mace's looks of "raw hunger and desire". Trey was well-written also.
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Ooh, so good! This is very well done. The writing is charming, and no one is out of character. I especially loved the small detail of flashback - "Cassie suddenly recalled a moment, months ago, of herself wrapping an arm around Mace as she passed him a glass of wine" - that was spot-on. The image of Mace having Cassie share his plate was quite good also.
AuburnGraces28 chapter 3 . 12/1/2008
loved the last chapter, please continue!
MackayFire chapter 3 . 10/3/2008
Yay new chapter! I like all the technical stuff going on this chapter, reminds us it is sci-fi on a space ship and kind of gives it all gravity. I'm not sure I could see Mace blushing (he seems way too self-assured for that) but I liked the character interaction between him and Cassie.

Anyway great work!
Sakura123 chapter 2 . 8/30/2008
Woot, an update! This is a surprise indeed.

Anyways, this was another great chapter told from Cassie's prospective. I love how you orchestrated the metting of Mace and Cassie, very entertaining.

Update soon!