Reviews for The SendOff
Scot chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Lovely, heartfelt and moving. I LOVE Dad's Army and it's only unfortunate there aren't fanfic forums for this classic comedy show. Spot on characterisations and BRILL writing. Really enjoyed it - thanks a lot!
Seaside Sally chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
A wonderful, funny and moving story. A real pleasure to read. Characters are spot on. Thank you!
Daughter of Thranduil chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
This is actually one of the most amazing one-shots I've ever read on this site! There are so few people who can do justice to Dad's Army in fanfiction, but you've done it perfectly.

Bravo!
A.A. Pessimal chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
And I only came here because I was looking for a home for a piece of "Father Ted" nonsense I'm writing up... I'd have missed this otherwise!

Such a shame this is buried away in a backwater called "Miscellaneous British Comedy". This is probably inevitable on an American-hosted site and nobody's fault, but a gem like this deserves a wider audience. If an American comic strip or TV show can be given its own category despite only having five or less fanfic entries, then there has to be a case for this catch-all category to be revised by the Management? There must be six or seven "Dad's Army" and the same number of "Father Ted" here!

And I only came here because I was looking for a home for a piece of "Father Ted" nonsense i'm writing up...
Darkness Takes Over chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Aw, this story was great. Very well written and very emotional too. Great job!
Marshmallows rock chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Oh my Lord. I am actually crying, reading this. It's absolutely lovely and you really have captured the spirit of the programme.
Madame Beret chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Aww, they played the last post! How perfect!

I'd love a send off like that, not wallowing at his death but celebrating his life!

X

Hannah

really lovely!
MoonlitPuddle chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
Aw, very sweet. _
MissGooding94x chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I think this story is a great tribute to the blokes of Dad's army! Rock on!
nicotine chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Excellent story. You definitely captured the spirit of the characters, and their love of Pvt Godfrey.

Just one nitpick, while Godfrey was certainly brave in The Great War having received a medal and all, he did not "fight bravely". He was a conscientious objector who drove an ambulance.
Mrs. Twelvetrees chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
That was just beautiful! Very touching...Godfrey is my favourite :'( I really love this, I think you captured the whole Dad's Army spirit so well! Bravo!
Keith Richards Spermbank chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
omg that was so sweet and so true!