Reviews for Knowing Hope
GilJuniorC chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This was perfect 3 great job!
Ashleigh2016 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
That seemed very real, and I can certainly imgaine Edmund feeling that way. It just seems right for him to, somehow.

God Bless,
Ashleigh
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Hmmm, there. That answers Lucy's question in the book, if Ed knew what Aslan did for him. Somehow, it fits. Somehow, I would not doubt that through that dream that isn't really a dream, he had known. Oh, offended? I don't think so. All is lovely; wonderful!
s. du jour chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Hmmm... much as I hate to say it, I think perhaps a rising sun is a bit too weak of an excuse for Edmund to feel hope, and... well, it's kinda cliche. I reckon if you put in something like Edmund hearing a roar in the distance (and maybe nobody else does), and that gives him hope? Or something more concrete than a rising sun, at any rate.

But that's just a suggestion; I'm not going to tell you how to write your own fic! I did like your dialogue and, as always, your writing style flows very well.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
This is original

Usually Aslan told him in The Talk or Lucy and Susan told him. I like this way!
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
smiles. I love Ed, and I always wondered if he ought to know what Aslan had done for him. I think this is a very good way for Edmund to know, and accept what had happened to free him of any guilt.

Thanks,

Shadow
LunaNigra chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Great one!

Loved it

luna
hugs and puppies all around chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Aw! I love how you write Edmund!
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
WOW! this is a cool chapter!
KCS chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
It's always nice to see a return to the books and not the movie, for once.

And you did a lovely job - I'm not sure if I would have thought it plausible before, but this certainly made me reconsider.

Well done - I'll be watching for the rest of the challenges!
MyBlueOblivion chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Hmm... this was a nice fic, with a very nice sentiment at the end. Hope, after all, is such a wonderful thing.

I'm not sure I agree with Edmund knowing Aslan was alive. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely idea, and I don't want to hurt any feelings with that comment. But it just doesn't sit right...

Now, Edmund's near-precognitive dream was a fun idea. It's entirely plausible that he even heard the girls and Aslan leaving whilst half-asleep; the mind can be funny like that, and just lets the subconscious take over.

Still, this was very nicely written, and highly enjoyable to read. You have a nicely flowing style, which is just the kind I like to read :)

~MyBlueOblivion~
ReviewsGalore chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Story/Characters: 6.75/10. Decent story progression and it is not OOC, but I guess that I just don't see how Edmund knowing everything as it happens adds to his character - at least you don't show me how it does.

Creativity: 6/10. Yet another Edmund redemption fic, though the idea has a bit of a twist to it.

Writing: 7.75/10. Nicely written with few, if any, mistakes, but not spectacular.

Believability: 7/10. It seems a little odd to me that Edmund knows all this, but it isn't too unbelievable, I guess.

Overall: 7/10. Decently executed fic, but I think that it doesn't really distinguish itself.

Professionalism: A. Your notes and summary both seem to be useful and appropriate.