Reviews for On the Wings of the Storm
Lady M28 chapter 31 . 2/18/2009
Ah, it’s over. *sniff* So sad, yet it was also quite perfect.

One thing I especially enjoyed was tying up the ends of the strands you began, even while also suggesting things will go forward and change. You’d already begun that a few chapters ago with Ceolwen, happy now that Erkenbrand is back with her, and Aethelstan, healed from his injuries and back with his patients. I can even see them perhaps adding to their family now that they have some time alone without the twins, Ceolwen & Erkenbrand, that is. One of the things that really made this story richer were all the OCs you created, and of course we as readers came to care about, and I’m glad you took the time to let the reader know how things would go with all of them. Some, of course got just a mention or a sentence, Wuffa & Wulf, I really loved that you revisited Wulfstan, I loved what you wrote about that scene. Knowing that Tondhere is going through with his plans. The aside about Aescwyn I loved, I had almost admonished you for including her in the last chapter but not bringing up Hama. I know I already knew about Beorngar’s new post, but it still made me smile to see it in print, and I still love the idea of him & Aeffe, he has always seemed like the ‘strong & silent’ type, which is a nice balance with Aeffe. I do think I like the idea of Leofe & Erchirion (this version) rather than Leofe & Amrothos, who seems not yet ready to marry. They’re both quieter, and I think she might end up taking up some of his more scholarly activities, which aren’t really something a Rohirric young person would likely pursue, or I like the idea of that. The idea that he’s been favorably compared to Elladan & Elrohir is definitely telling. I do wonder if the twins got to go to Minas Tirith for the wedding, I will presume they did, because I like that idea.

I just adore the garden idea. And the expanded Houses of Healing, which will of course also affect Aethelstan. Also the entire overarching theme of having time to this chapter. Not only with the garden plans, but also even with postponing the Yule Hunt. That wouldn’t have been possible the prior year; instead they had to hurry back to the Hornberg making what is likely an easy 3 day journey into a fast 2 day one, so the patrols wouldn’t be interrupted, or not much. Instead this year they can postpone till they have fairer weather with no consequence. That’s really huge, in all actuality. It’s not a returning to normal, living under threat had been normal most of Éomer’s life, it’s a new normal, and a lovely one. I like to think they could have a day for a hunt and another for all of them to be able to indulge in a bit of skating & fun. But I also really liked that you included that there is still sadness for everyone that lost someone, because this is also very true.

I had wondered how the fire would get lit, the two of them, but then I thought maybe it would be Éomer, Elfhelm & Erkenbrand. I can see that as being the male part of the ritual, and the serving of the Yule Cup the female.

Poor Lothíriel, she’s about to have to serve mead to all the men! Their nesting was a nice touch. I really loved the final line, oh so much.

Best wishes with the move, glad to know that the family is all healthy again. I look forward to your next story, whatever it might be.
utsuri chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
I'm not sure if I've reviewed before but I did come into the story rather late into the writing. I really have enjoyed reading it. It was beautifully written with an interesting twist to the plot. I especially love the first person pov and Lothiriel's character. I am going to have to start reading your older stories now and keep up with any new ones!
Sarry chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
Oh my god! i love your writing so much!i really really really look forward to seeing more of your stories in the future. Please keep writing and keep writing for this ship. great story!
Guest chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
A wonderful story, thank you.
iHedge chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
Oh, that was wonderful.

I... this is wonderful.

Congratulations on finishing, and good luck with moving.

Much love, appreciation, and anticipation,

iHedge
Remember 1105 chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
Aw, that was so good! I loved this story. Probably one of my top two favorites.

Good luck with the move. I hope all that goes well.

Have a good week! Take care! Until your next story comes out!

ever yours.
Amy chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
Hy!

I really love your story. It's so beautiful and romantic.

I would be really happy, if you could write something about them with their children.
SilverWinter18 chapter 31 . 2/17/2009
OMG! I loved it! My cheeks kinda hurt from all the smiling I did throughout this chapter. I'm truly gonna miss reading this one. All the anticipation is over!

lol! At first I was confused as to which LOTR E/L story I was reading because I couldn't remember Lothiriel being excited to sew. Well, not excited per se, but you know, happy that she got the job done.

Poor Ivorwen. Shell probably go into early retirement at the rate Eomer is going! Hehehe... Im so happy for them. *sigh*
Medea Smyke chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
Oh, Lia, I don't want to type this review, because then it will really be over! I hate it when stories end because it's like saying goodbye to a good friend, and I'm terrible at goodbyes!

But, yay, little Elfwine is on the way. And the yule buns worked. LOL! I thought they might. ;) And Leofe and Erchi! Huzzah! I'm glad that the twins turned out to be good friends for Lothiriel.

Thank you, again, for writing this story. I love that you tried a different POV and the clever way you weaved through Tolkien's plot. I started reading this when I was incredibly frustrated trying to finish my senior year of college and it was something fun to look forward to! And of course I look forward to your new writing project, when RL gives you a chance.
eternita chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
And so ends one more of your stories that make my life more interesting and make me pay attention to time. Now comes the waiting period. I know what moving house means but still hope you will come back soon.
ezrajade chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
Wonderful job. Well written and interesting- can't wait to see what you roll out next!
Elwen of Lorien chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
I always love a happy ending. It has been wonderful as always reading your stories. I understand your wishing to write in the 'real-world'. I hope everytihng goes well with that. I am sure it will be a wonderful read. Good luck moving. Elwen.
Ria chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
Hey!

I just wanted to tell you that I've read all of your stories and I love them all! I hope you keep writing on here, I'll check back every once in a while. Thanks for posting all of your stories to share, it's been a pleasure to read them!
Fishy Rainboots chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
Great job. I really enjoyed it.
Anearin chapter 31 . 2/16/2009
I absolutely LOVE the ending! It is very sweet and lovely and aw! perfect absolutely perfect and my thanks to Lady Bluejay, I am so happy that you kept on with this story, it is one of my alltime favorites and I am not just saying that, the way you have put it together is truely both original and engaging, the overall effect breathtaking. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story and seeing how it has unfolded. It is wonderful! Thankyou for putting it to paper and sharing it :)

Until your next story (and I really am looking forward to reading your original non-fanfiction one)

Anea