Reviews for On the Wings of the Storm
Alerisya chapter 31 . 10/6/2010
I read the Abduction of Éomer, King of Rohan before I read this one. In fact, I was so impressed with that story that I decided to see what else you had. As much as I enjoyed that story, I enjoyed this one so much more. I believed all of the characters. This version of Lothíriel, I liked better. The way you wrote Éomer made me fall in love with him all over again. This is probably one of the best Lord of the Rings fanfictions I have ever had the pleasure to read. Thank you.

Snare the DG
Lady Krystalyn chapter 31 . 10/4/2010
Another beautiful story! I just love your ability to portray the characters, they feel so real! I laughed and cried often let me tell you! I particularly enjoyed the way you portrayed the connection between Eomer and Lothiriel with his 'hearing' her or instinctively feeling her presence. My heart constricted terribly when after Grima's attack Lothiriel stood in the shadows aching to run to Eomer and he looked up searchingly, saying he thought he heard his name *starts crying again*. Seriously! Beautifully done! Every time I read one of your stories I feel as though I have pcked up an actual book, even the short scenarios in "The Lion and His Lady" (most of which I still wish you'd turn into full length stories though I understand that is not their purpose). You are a wonderful author, every scenario of yours I have read so far is different while at the same time as a reader there is a resonance of the main characters that remains the same, almost as if your stories are all alternate universes (which they kind of are I realize lol) where despite changes in the characters themselves, the souls remain the same and it can be felt in reading them. I am drawn into the story with my entire being, which is something I cannot say is achieved by even many of the authors of 'proper' novels I get from the bookstore. I read this all in one go because I simply couldn't stop and I almost didn't want it to end either! Once more, a wonderful job! Keep up the fabulous work!
GreenRose58 chapter 31 . 9/27/2010
The computer glitched on me each time I wanted to review one of your fabulous stories. I'm glad I got through this time! I absolutely love the character development and interaction in each plotline. They are such a charming couple! You set a wonderful pace and lay the atmosphere just right. I applaud each and every one of them! Kudos again on your craft, good sir.
Legolove chapter 31 . 9/11/2010
Great,great story!
Eccentric Cup of Tea chapter 31 . 8/31/2010
Wonderful, wonderful, excellent story! I never got bored once, it was really fascinating and the romance was sweet. I am happy the way you made your character's.

I also give my thanks to Lady Bluejay for helping to encourage you :)
Ranawe217 chapter 31 . 8/9/2010
Your stories are absolutely brilliant and even though the characters are the same the stories are still charming. Thank you.
Jedi Librarian chapter 31 . 7/27/2010
Beautiful. I only just found your stories two weeks ago and have finally read them all - this one is my favorite thus far. You have a wonderful grasp on the geography, timeline, and history of Tolkien and your different methods of telling the Eomer/Lothiriel tale are each lovely and unique. I really enjoyed them all!
BERENJE de Sparklay chapter 17 . 7/25/2010
what a woman! she has to be one of the bravest female characters in fanfiction.
miriCurran chapter 31 . 6/5/2010
i am fully in love with this story it is great is there a sequel?
33rdBlackbird chapter 31 . 5/27/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thank you for all the care you put into the little details. I hope you do end up writing more.
Elenna123 chapter 7 . 5/16/2010
Sure. You just believe that.
Elenna123 chapter 6 . 5/16/2010
"That Denethor would let me settle for a mere Third Marshal of the Mark, when I could be used to bind a much more powerful man closer to his interests, was about as likely as the King returning."

Exactlly! They're both going to happen!
safa56bmc chapter 31 . 5/14/2010
utterly beautiful...u made me fall in love with Eomer..its 5.190 am here and i stayed up all night to read ur story..thank u...
Deandra chapter 17 . 3/6/2010
I thought I had reviewed all the chapters of this, but in perusing the reviews I found that wasn't so. Which means I can add one more thing. I thought I had included it in a review, but maybe I just put it in an email to you at the time. It's along about the time of the battle of Helm's Deep and going forward that we begin to see Lothiriel thinking in terms of "us", including herself with the Rohirrim. She doesn't even appear conscious that she has already made this place and these people her home, but it has gradually come upon her. When she feels so disconnected later on, in Minas Tirith - and wondering if it will be different in Dol Amroth, we readily understand that she has left her past behind. She is destined for Rohan now and likely nothing can change that.

Just another of those lovely subtle details that make this story so special.

- Deandra
Deandra chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Sorry for being anonymous but some stories just warrant more than a single review!

I just finished rereading this story (I had forgotten this was the one where Lothiriel threatened to abduct him in order to marry him, though you may have mentioned it). So many lovely details in it. One of the things that especially struck me this time through was Felarof. The books and the movie never really give us a sense of WHY Eomer and Eowyn love King Theoden so dearly. He is their uncle, yes, and they were raised in his household, but had he merely taken them in and then had them raised by servants under his roof, there wouldn't like be the depth of feeling there. This tiny little episode, in which Eomer details running away and Theoden following, then spending time teaching to whittle while they talked, speaks volumes to how the strong bond came about. Even though we don't see something similar taking place with Eowyn, we can well believe he reached out to her as well.

At any rate, I'm sure this is one I'll reread again and again, like many of the favorite books on my shelves!

- Deandra