Reviews for On the Wings of the Storm
SilverWinter18 chapter 4 . 4/7/2008
Urgh...what a creepy guy.

I'm glad of the friendship between Lothiriel and Eowyn. I have a feeling that they'll be needing it soon...
Medea Smyke chapter 4 . 4/7/2008
"Which men?" That made me laugh. She's pretty far gone already, isn't she? Well, another good chapter. I'm glad that she's friends with Eowyn. It would be tough if L was getting the cold shoulder from her and being slimed on by Grima.

Thanks and update soon!
dferveiro chapter 4 . 4/7/2008
Great chapter! I shudder to think of Lotherial dealing with Grima too. Thanks for updating!
Nemea chapter 4 . 4/7/2008
Well, he does...

Loved this chapter. I very much enjoy the interaction between Eowyn and Lothiriel they are so much alike and yet so different in how they behave and how they want to escape their duties and make a life they wish for themselves. Really beautifully written!

All the time during LotR I was wondering who actually would look after Meduseld when Eowyn is gone to battle as well and I guess you've just found the answer.

It gives me the creeps to think of Grima and I feel so sorry for both Lothiriel and Eowyn to have to endure him. He's just so ... uahr

I really like the fact that you keep Eomer 'there'. Lothiriel thoughts of him that always come to her mind unasked are fabulous and show how much he's already impressed her though abslutetely not suitable for a princess (yet :-) )

That scenes at the training field were great and it's so much fun to read about the different upbringing of the two women and their different outlook on life and war and women's role in it.

Altogether a fabulous read again and I'm looking forward to more(as usual).

Viele liebe Grüße,

SheWhoWeeps chapter 4 . 4/7/2008
wonderful, as always. ) looking forward to next week's update )
Verity Kindle chapter 4 . 4/7/2008
Ew. Why doesn't somebody just kill him, again?
Amoora chapter 3 . 4/6/2008
you're taking to long to update! UPDATE SOON! I cant wait anymore... its just unbearable...
Morning Angel chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
Ooh, this is a great story so far. I'm hooked :)

Please update soon.
SheWhoWeeps chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
love it! update?
TwilightsAngelStar chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
I'm glad I stumbled upon this story. It is fantastic.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Josie C chapter 3 . 4/2/2008
'with a last lingering glance...'

wow...thats deep! i cant wait for the next ch! sorry it took so long to sometimes comes in the way!
swimmergirl chapter 3 . 3/31/2008
Hi there!

I'm Tere from Mexico and I love the Lord of the Rings, and I really like to read fanfictions, and Éomer/Lothíriel is my favorite couple, I love to read about them because Tolkien wrote very little about them, so all the stories of them I try to read, I also have read most of your stories and they're wonderful I like 'The Lion and his Lady', 'Of Falcons and Mûmakil', etc...

Congratulations! and keep going, because this story is great! Wonderful! and is so tender that they are falling in love without knowing it... aw!

Thanks for share!

Lady M28 chapter 3 . 3/31/2008
Once again, really enjoyed the chapter. I do like that you went ahead and began where you left off, so we got to see her first encounter with Grima, which was just a creepy as it should have been. I think you did a very good job of working his controlling solicitude through the encounter.

I found the first meeting with Eowyn most interesting. Eowyn is at such a bad place at this point, things have been devolving for such a long time, her distrust of an outsider would seem a given, but she still has her fire. I like that.

The falling asleep on Eomer's shoulder was kinda hot/adorable! As well as getting pictures of her unseen family. And Eomer's room. Very clever of you.

I also really liked the continuing thread of the "dangerous man" that Eomer is/could be, for Lothiriel. Somehow I don't think she's going to view a forty year old man as such, as she's only 18. This Eomer of yours cuts a very dynamic figure. I did find it most interesting that even seeing both his hair trigger temper, and experincing his raw power she seems to not be either intimidated, nor afraid of him, instead there's a push & pull within herself, and that she's already wary of her own awareness of him. Dangerous man, indeed! ;)

I'm going to mention again that I really do like that this is being done in first person. Seeing Lothiriel's initial reactions & impression of the Mark, the people, ways of life, and political gamesmanship are wonderful. I also liked how you managed to convey more about Lothiriel's physicality, by using a comparison to Eowyn, without resorting to more conventional means given the way you're telling this story.

Can I just say I so loved the flirtation between Firefoot & Nimphelos, as a stand in for Eomer & Lothiriel. It amused me a great deal.
Elwen of Lorien chapter 3 . 3/30/2008
At least she had the presance of mind to lock her door. And Eomer cares about her. Aw. Elwen.
Alias chapter 3 . 3/30/2008
I'm really hooked! I can't really find fault in this story yet, so I can't really comment on anything. Please update asap!
1,236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 .. Last Next »