Reviews for On the Wings of the Storm
Verity Kindle chapter 3 . 3/28/2008
There's definitely a building atmosphere of menace in this chapter and the one before it. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's really interesting to see Rohirrim politics from an outsider's perspective.
Remember 1105 chapter 3 . 3/28/2008
Amazing as always! Grima freaks me out. He is just so creepy and I don't blame Lothiriel for bolting her door. I would too. I don't have time to give you the accolades that you deserve but it was awesome. Looking forward to the next one!

ever yours.
charmedLotr chapter 3 . 3/28/2008
I wasn't sure about your story because it didn't follow the book, but I have to tell you, your writing is so beautiful and your story very much to book form that it drew me in. I am now waiting on pins and needles to read your next chapter. Bravo! Excellent story!
Nemea chapter 2 . 3/25/2008
Oh bloody Grima...

Fantastic chapter! I loved the scene with the kids and the tension between Eomer and Lothiriel is great already. It's so interesting to see what happens when they come to like each other before he becomes king.

I'm happy to know that in the end it will be all good cause I fear you have a lot in store for us and the characters yet and it won't all be good...

The scenery of Edoras brings back loads of memories...

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Liebe Grüße,

Katharina
Violin Ghost chapter 2 . 3/23/2008
You write wonderfully. Every description is so precise but so... so lyrical. And I loved what you put about the children. I bet Eomer said to the girl something along the lines of "I will, one day". But that's just a guess, and I don't want to spoil this story. :D

Post the next chapter quickly!
Anne Rose chapter 2 . 3/22/2008
"Then something stirred in the shadows at the king’s feet" Ew, icky! Fabulous intro for Grima. Although I enjoyed the scene with the children more. ;-)
SilverWinter18 chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
Ughh...I totally forgot about Wormtongue...he is so depressing.

I am excited to read about the interaction between Lothiriel and Eowyn. Oh, and is Theodred still alive?
Fishy Rainboots chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
Great job. I am really enjoying it so far. The description of when they encounter Wormtongue is very vivid. I also liked the Rohirrim children meeting Lothiriel. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Lady M28 chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
GRIMA! Oh, I did love his introduction, quite menacing, especially with Eomer's tensing body, which is also sexy, btw! *g* I know I said this in my last review, but I really do love that you're using this setting and making use of the more tumultuous time frame. I also like this different introduction to the Mark for Lothiriel, she's not about to become their queen, nor being courted by their king. In some ways, despite the timing, it's a much less pressure filled introduction to her future people. She can fall in love with the people & land, and they with her, instead of almost HAVING to do so.

I also liked the, maybe I'm imagining it, but foreshadowing of her attraction to Eomer, he already seems to have put her firmly on his radar, but then being pushed toward Theodred, who, I think is about 22 years older than her. OY! It all sets my brain wondering about how she's going to view things like Eomer's imprisonment, since I'm assuming you're going with book canon, or if Grima might turn his sights on her, as well as Eowyn, since his purpose was to destroy the future of the house of Eorl, and Theodred finally marrying and producing an heir would thwart that. Then there's things like Helm's Deep & Ents, and...meep, this excites me just so much!

I will admit I adore good physical descriptors, so the tensing muscles, the description of the golden autumn day, the fiery roof of Meduseld, the movements of both Firefoot & Nimphelos, and for some reason especially the movement of the tapestries in the wind really appeal to me. They make the writing more dynamic, more easily seen in the mind, rather than being static on a page. You've done a really good job with them, and they're something I really appreciate.

I also really like that you're telling this in first person, I like to see writers challenge themselves. Though I will admit I really want to know what color her eyes are. Green like in OF&M or silver, like YTC. Oh, and also how tall she is. I have this need to be able to SEE what I'm reading. HA! Demanding much, am I?

Great job!
Remember 1105 chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
Goodness, this is good. I want to know what he replied to the marriage question too! That's great. I already love this story, just so you know. I can't wait for more!

ever yours.
Amoora chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
Great Chapter! I totally luved it, I cant wait 4 the next update.

UPDATE SOON!
dw chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
I like it - nonsense, I love it! An intriguing start with an interesting concept - most stories start at the end of the war - and I hope you continue it very soon.
wondereye chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
I like all the hinting but nothing is said.
wondereye chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I like that Lothriel is irritated and likes Eomer at the same time.
Elwen of Lorien chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
It is good that she is weary of Grima from the get-go. And I have a feeling she is reading Eomer the wrong way, and she does like him more than she will admit to herself. As always, Elwen.
1,205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 .. Last Next »