Reviews for Vanilla
flying-octopus chapter 11 . 6/30/2020
Aside from a few spelling mistakes and grammar errors, this is a splendid tale! My heart-felt thanks for sharing this work with us.

You said you are unsure about writing more stories. As I haven't seen your profile page yet, I am hoping that you continue to explore your creative writing skills.
Carryon chapter 11 . 6/15/2020
I love, love, love this story! Thank you!
Guest chapter 11 . 6/6/2020
Thank you for writing this story, it was very enjoyable!
Guest chapter 9 . 6/6/2020
God I love your story
Guest chapter 4 . 6/5/2020
This is a pleasure to read
Guest chapter 2 . 6/5/2020
I really like your solution. Nicely written
Guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2020
Amazing chapter very well written
BerserkLittleCook chapter 8 . 4/13/2020
Okay, I'm going to stop now. I cannot get through the letter - don't have the heart for it. My final thoughts are:
The one-shot was done with great care and love, but there was no plan for the rest. I read three chapters of post - prologue consequences and another three chapters of I don't know what. The characterisation is slipping and the tension isn't there. At the last three chapters I couldn't even get a feeling of a place. I cannot deny the author skill, because the first chapter shows clearly it is there. But something is missing from the rest of the story. Maybe I'm expecting something that wasn't supposed to be there, I don't know. I just thought that what happened in the one-shot was going to be mirrored in the whole story. Turning a dark mood into bitter-sweet comedic romance that has tension and stakes, shows the characters strive for something and doubt themselves and hesitate and slip but eventually get it when they become straightforward with each other. Or something.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 7 . 4/12/2020
So, the confrontation... didn't actually happen? They were forgiven right after hexing them in their faces? That was... weak.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 6 . 4/12/2020
Why did you make Harry out of character and Hermione comment on it, when you could make him in character, just tweak him slightly to show growth?
Why on Earth did they stupify the Grangers? I thought they were about to have The Talk! (the magic-is-real talk, not the other one)
On the other hand, I enjoyed the first confrontation on the beach. It's just that Harmony wasted the progress
BerserkLittleCook chapter 5 . 4/12/2020
In my opinion, this is the weakest chapter so far. The first was perfection, the next two simple consequences of the first, the fourth a joint into the next part, and this... This lacks momentum, they are just two characters talking about what they should be doing and feeling while doing so.
And I dislike the info dump at the start.
And I feel like the characters are off somehow. I thought would be looking for her parents, confronting them, making plans, angsting while at it... Not playing on the beach. It doesn't feel like Hermione.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 4 . 4/11/2020
Actually, I disagree with you. This is not the weakest chapter. It is a good way to release tension of the previous chapters. I liked the fact that you put time into exploring their trauma in such a way, even if it's not perfect. A nice peaceful moment to focus on what already happened and take a course is just what I needed. I startes to fear you'd just keeep skipping ahead in time and it would turn into a slide show
BerserkLittleCook chapter 3 . 4/11/2020
The harmonious couple. You couldn't just let it go, could you? I almost choked!
BerserkLittleCook chapter 2 . 4/11/2020
No, it does not live up to the first chapter. That chapter was perfection. This is... a chapter. It is refreshing to see Ron accept their relationship though, even if it was through 'guilt tripping'. I don’t really think it was guilt tripping, but whatever
BerserkLittleCook chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
I'm falling in love, falling in love, falling in love...
With Hermione Granger.
*music dies down*
Seriously, if the rest of the story is as good as this chapter, I am loving you right now.
Harry is silly, stupid, downright absurd with his line of thought in this situation. And that's so Harry.
Hermione is sweet and innocent and vulnerable. Hermione being vulnerable is a sight to behold.
Honestly, I was expecting something different, something more mature and dark, but they are still just kids and the change in mood was done very well.
And the credit roll was kind of pushing it, but it was foreshadowed and grounded in theme. I think I will remember this title. Sometimes I love a story and I simply can't remember the title for the life of me but that's not the case here.
435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »