Reviews for For the Love of Family
1rx4u chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Ok I've read this whole TRU series and I have to say this is such exceptional work. I simply enjoyed this series. It is a great drama, excellent focus on rediscovering love and restarting a lost friendship. I still think " A Bond of Honor" should be completed. Overall I enjoyed the Yori and Ron pairing. In the show of course Ron and Kim are meant to be, but it was great to read an alternative possibility. Ron and Yori could absolutely work.
DJ Dubois chapter 4 . 7/17/2009
Hi!

Yes! Another story in this series! Nice job. Loved how you showed R/Y as a couple (both as 'rents and lovers).

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Thanks for sharing!

DJ
Stunna21 chapter 4 . 5/12/2009
good chapter so update soon and keep writing.
Hang Tuah chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Hey there JPMod. I've read your work, the 'Kim Possible: The Reflections Universe' series. This was a pleasant surprise and I loved it. I really enjoyed the interaction/romance between Ron & Yori (or Rori as you called it)and with their kids in 'For the Love of Family'.

'Stronger Than Bloodties', 'Another Stoppable Day', and 'No Perfect Love' were also favourites of mine. I esspecially enjoyed 'Stronger Than Bloodties' which showed Hana Stoppable's possible future. Any chance you'll include a chapter(s) featuring Hana's and Ben's school life between missions?

Or better yet, maybe you could also add in the future chapters showing how JD & DJ Stoppable handle their own missions with Cleo Load?

What do you think?
Warlord-Xana chapter 4 . 7/19/2008
pretty good.
NoBarbieDoll chapter 3 . 7/7/2008
Does Yamanouchi offer classes in these skills too? If so, I'm there :D
Ant Crown chapter 2 . 5/5/2008
My suggestion...

As far as martial arts Theory goes: Greatest Desiple (SP) or Baki the Grappler would be an immensely good help for you.

Though the thing with Baki is...gets very detailed and ugly. Deciple(SP) however, has overly dramatic scenes (Like Prince of Tennis' Tenzuka Zone (Which in one scene looked like Tenzuka was killing off the dinosaurs literally...I Know NUTS).
Nutzkie chapter 2 . 5/2/2008
Not bad! It's good to see characters from the show outside of their freak-fighting roles every so often, and fluffy little insight pieces such as this are just the ticket!

A word of caution, however, when writing future fight scenes: When describing the weapons used in a martial arts battle, many writers are fond of using nunchucks as part of their narrative. This is something to be avoided.

Truth be told, nunchucks are not true martial arts weapons. They are creations of fiction, spawned by the imaginations of Hollywood writers and producers. Bruce Lee may have looked super-cool while using them on screen, but in reality, a true ninja of the Japanese medieval period would be about as familiar with a pair of nunchucks as he would be with a laptop computer.

Keep up the good writing!

Nutzkie...
Warlord-Xana chapter 2 . 5/2/2008
good chapter. make sense to me, btw have you seen the new, Jackie chan and Jet li movie "The Forbidden Kingdom" if not you should cause that movie Rocked!
Iron-Mantis chapter 2 . 5/2/2008
that was lovely and i understand, though i should mention not to underestimate Capoeira, cause a lot of people underestimate it cause of it dance like movements.

but overall what do you think of those two styles anyway?
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 2 . 5/1/2008
I luv these slice of family life for Ron and Yori. Though I'm a KimRon shipper, I also enjoy some RonYori. Hey, they're cute together. Yori accepts Ron's quirks. Kim sometimes gets embarassed

And luv Yoshi and Veronica. Maybe, just to be affectionate Yori does this.

"Yosh-chan..."

"Aw...Mom..."
Warlord-Xana chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
pretty cool, can Yoshi go to a martial arts school, with his teacher being a expert of either (Gatka) a martials art developed in India or Capoeira (developed in brazil by black slaves)

theres data on these two martial arts onn wikipedia, you should check it out. that is if you like the idea?
Iron-Mantis chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
can you have yoshi be a Trainee of Capoeira?

Capoeira – A form of martial art that originated in Brazil created by African slaves. It was treated as a game to throw off the slave masters and is characterized by fluid acrobatics and extensive ground work, kicks and sweeps.

and for your other story how about master mochizuki going on a mission to stop a Nukenin causing chaos using our school arts?

Nukenin – Rogue ninja, just as ronin means masterless samurai.
daccu65 chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I'm glad to see you posting on your reflections universe again. I've really enjoyed this view Ron and Yori's potential future.

Pleae keep updating.

daccu65
storyreader51 chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
very nice continuation of the saga. I look forward to see further development.