Reviews for Promises
Lazy Gaga chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Wonderfully sweet! Fantastic job!
Elle Seren chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Awww! Deep and yet sweet, it made me giggle and smile :D
Lolchen chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Sweet. Very, very cute.

I like it. It's well thought through and just flows. You've got a great style and this little story is a nice idea. The plot is good and realisable. It made my day :D

Also, this is an interesting take on the Deathshipping relation. On how Marik feels about it. There are possible three or four categories you can choose for this pairing, and you chose the one I like best :)

Well done!

lg Lolchen
Always a Bookworm chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Aw, this was so cute! I loved it. It was written really beautifully, and (like I said) completely adorable. Well done! This is a brilliant fic!

Bookworm
AphroditeLove chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
HI!

OMG I am so sorry that this review, definitely due, is so late. I haven't been able to access the fanfiction world for so long that I am so sorry I haven't' been able to give this story the review and attention it deserves. Thank you so much for this story.

What I loved most was the juxtaposition of promises that you presented in this fic. Most people write Marik extremely one-sided, but I liked how you tied in the theme of promises to the symoblism between the "light" and "dark" of each of them, that there were some promises you had to break and there were some you could keep, in order to continue existing as such. You were able to show both the positive and negative sides of Marik through his attempts at learning to keep such promises, and through his growth at realizing just how important each one was.

I also loved how you portrayed his growth, learning from being his "awkward self" and becoming more and more confident with his decisions. His hesitance when Yami Yugi confronted him was the sweetest, I believed, because it showed just how much he could care for Ryou, as well as his developing train of thought to his newfound attachment to Ryou. You were able to keep Marik in character and show his progress, which I find extremely commendable and gifted of you to do.

Thank you so much again for writing this to me. I would've given you an even longer review to make up for my horrible and impolite abscence from your fic, but rest assured, I did love it and I still love it and I believe it to be a great gift. I'd write more but unfortunately fanfiction dot net is having some isses letting me see what I'm typing, so I'm afraid I will have to stop here.

Thank you so much again. Keep on writing!

-AphroditeLove
Falcon's Jade chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
I like it! Really nice! Very in depth, I liked how Bakura confronted him about it too
familiar fan chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
SQUEE! I LOVES IT!
FreshFish chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
AW, Thats soo sweet. Sniff*

Wow, you should do a flip side of this from Malik and Bakura's POV.

This was great. Thanks AphroditeLove for requesting it. LOL

I read her stuff to. LOL

Well written, with so much explanation in it. Simply great!