Reviews for I Have Almost Forgot the Taste of Fears
Jane Average chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
You know, this is a really intriguing premise. I love amnesia fic (and its close cousins, de-aging and, sometimes, travel-to-alternate-realities) in general, and it's clear you've put a lot of thought into how younger-and-less-experienced-John is different from John-we-have-come-to-know, which made this particularly satisfying :)
anybody-out-there chapter 8 . 11/8/2012
This is really really good. I hope you'll consider finish it, cause I'd love to read more:)
doopahdoo chapter 8 . 4/24/2012
I can't believe I have never seen this story before. I quite like it. I've love to see more if the inspiration ever hits you.
sagey chapter 8 . 2/4/2012
I always think after reading this story that you should finish it...great concept and so interesting from past johns ponit of view...

jnut13 chapter 8 . 5/7/2011
so i just found this story and read it. you really should try to come back to it and finish it. from the large number of reviews it looks like people really enjoyed this story. i hope you havent totally given up on it yet though its been a long time since you updated
lizlou57 chapter 8 . 4/26/2011
See this is why I hate reading WIPs! You have me all tied up in the story - lots of unanswered questions still to be sorted and then I suddenly realise you haven't updated this for nearly two YEARS!Please look at this again - it is so worth finishing.
JoeyLuv chapter 8 . 2/22/2011
I just ran across this story and didn't realise that it was incomplete. Disappointment doesn't begin to to describe how I feel right now. I love the way you wove the past mission reports with what is happening in real time. I would really love to see this story completed at some point, but I also know that real life tends to get in the way. If the reviews are any indication, it would seem a lot people would like to see this one to its conclusion. Please consider taking another stab at this gem.
Berrica chapter 8 . 2/1/2011
I really like this story. It's a fascinating premise, and really well written. I realize it has been over two and a half years since you last updated this, but I wish it were complete. There are so many questions that have yet to be answered. The most obvious is, does Rodney ever fix the device? Or does he remember on his own, maybe through dreams, since he had those snippets?

And what about his relationships with the rest of the team, and the rest of Atlantis? You haven't really addressed Dr. Keller yet, or actually, Rodney, either. And it occurs to me that Carson would really be able to empathize with him, after he's healed of course, as he had a similar experience. Ooo, and what if Todd the Wraith made an appearance? I can only imagine how that conversation would go. Would he be disappointed that John didn't remember him? Would he take advantage of the situation somehow? And then of course, there's the whole issue of John and Teyla. With Kanan dead in this fic, does he ever make a move towards her? I can only imagine their relationship grows stronger as a result of her helping him to remember. And there's obviously a bond between John and Tagan.

But imagining all that is one thing. Actually seeing what the author has in store, and seeing it played out in something other than my head is completely different, and much more satisfying. I would love it if you finished this. Any chance of that happening?
Sweet Cocoa chapter 8 . 8/22/2009
I love how this story is going! can't wait to see the sparring match between Ronan and John and what happens in his next meetings! Please update soon!
fox chapter 8 . 4/18/2009
eek..loving this story so far, but I was hoping it was no longer a WIP (I was going to skip ahead to find out, but I didn't want to accidentally spoil the ending or something). Interesting to see that Season 1 Sheppard thought about trying to start something with Teyla. Please update this soon! )
Korilian chapter 8 . 3/11/2009
Damn. It's not complete yet. This is a great story. I suspect the device really was to recall memories, if in a really messed up way. Your characterizations and team interactions are really good as well (even if I call total BS on Ronon calling anyone by their first name EVER! :).

What was the deal between Keller and Woolsey?
carson freelancer chapter 8 . 8/24/2008
pjpassenger chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Please update this story I LOVE this story!
Alydia Rackham chapter 8 . 6/20/2008
I love conversations. :) I notice that on the show, they have very few just sit down, talk-it-out-for-a-long-time scenes. They're so enjoyable, and you've done a good job with the dialogue. It sounds very natural, very in-character. Can't wait for more.
The Sway Wannabe chapter 8 . 6/15/2008
Please I beg you update soon.