Reviews for Hollow Victory
iwantpie chapter 4 . 4/1/2008
Stop making me cry! I almost didn't read this because I hate stories where Dean's dead but I've decided you rock so much I couldn't not read it. And of course, it's awesome. And Bobby! And little Dean... *sigh* Now stop making me cry. I'm serious. Okay I'm not really because I love when a story can do that. :D
Swanseajill chapter 4 . 3/16/2008
You really didn't have anything to worry about with this story - it was excellent. And heartbreaking. You did a great job of showing Sam's pain - even after ten years the loss of Dean still hurt like it was yesterday. I liked your idea of the ritual to save Dean's soul, even if they couldn't stop him dying. And, of course, I loved how even in the agony he was going through Dean was trying not to show it, to make the whole thing easier for Sam. And that he wanted to do it as much for Sam's sake as his own, so Sam wouldn't always be wondering how his brother was doing in hell. Lived that you have Sam together with Sarah - I always thought she was the right one for him, too. And i like the way you end, with hope not despair. Now Sam knows where Dean is, and that he's okay, maybe he can finally let go.

Great story, I enjoyed it very much.
alwaysateen chapter 4 . 3/14/2008
Snif snif snif...

So sad and so sweet at the same time.

I knew Dean would find a way to talk to his brother and help him move on. :)

I'm also glad little Dean got to see his uncle, well sort of.
friendly chapter 4 . 3/14/2008
nice job.. it was nice to hear the Dean is still kicking some demon ass..
Kwentiel chapter 4 . 3/14/2008
Precioso. Er...beautiful. Please excuse my grammar mistakes, but I'm spanish and english is not my mother language. I love this story. In fact, I love ALL your stories. I love the way you write Dean. I've seen few characters in TV which can compare with him (and I'm 37, so that are many shows). And you write him perfectly. Your stories are sweet and acurate. I love the sense of family in them, the love between parents and children and between siblings, it's amazing. I think you do sentimental and sweet without being cheesy. It's the perfect balance.

I like the way you save Dean. I'm very tired of stories with "demon Dean". I'm one of those persons who believe in decisions, and I don't think a person can be evil without wanting to be, and Dean hates the evil things with a passion, he would fight for eternity before becoming one of them. And you put it perfectly in your story, he'd rather die.

And you give us Sarah too, I liked her and you write her very well.

Uf, Im boring you. Thank you for your great work, here and in your blog, and please go on with it.

Thank you very much.

Almu
Ani-maniac494 chapter 4 . 3/13/2008
"He watched it fly and land then he ran to get it. He saw it then roll up to a pair of leather boots. The person bent down, the holes in his jeans showing his knees and took the ball. Little Dean looked up into the face of a young man with short-cropped hair, warm and friendly green eyes and a soft, welcoming smile."

It's so much fun to imagine Dean meeting little Dean!

"“Look, I don’t know who or what you are, but you stay away from my family,” Sam spouted angrily and protectively."

Sam sounds so much like John there. :)

“Well, I’d say trust your feelings, but that might sound too Obi Wan,” Dean joked.

*basks in the Star Wars moment once more* :D

"“Wow. I’ve left my little brother speechless. I never thought I’d live to see the day…well, I guess I really didn’t live, but –“"

*falls over laughing*

"Sam’s face revealed doubt, confusion, fear, and all kinds of other emotions. Dean should have known better than to use a movie metaphor on Sam."

*falls over laughing yet again*

“It’s not like we’re holding hands or anything, but just so you know.”

*is now laughing too hard to type more*

I LOVED how you ended it.

Incredible, incredible work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 3 . 3/13/2008
“I killed him, Bobby.”

Wonderful guilt. Poor Sam. I love how he blames himself, and how he sees hunting as a way to stay close to Dean. I almost wonder if that was true for Dean too, in a way. Hunting let him be close to his dad, even when he was still alive but distant.

"Sam looked into his son's eyes, hoping to see some remnant of Dean in them."

Again, such a great picture!

Awesome work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 2 . 3/13/2008
"He knew it was just rock, but for some inexplicable reason, he would swear that seconds after touching it, he would feel warmth replacing the cold underneath his hand."

Such a great description!

"He gazed at the carved lettering. It was simple. Dean’s name, the years, and an inscription, Son, Brother, Hero. It was what Dean would have wanted. Nothing chick flicky. Though Sam knew that Dean would have balked at the word, hero, he couldn’t bring himself to omit it. Dean had never considered himself a hero, of course, but to Sam, Dean had been a hero from the time he had been born and he had been a hero to friends and strangers alike who had known him."

I completely agree! Dean would be uneasy at being called a hero, but he is one.

"The descriptions in the books weren’t too specific, but just specific enough to tell him that there would pain, lots of it, of his soul being pulled from his body, causing damage to his body."

*cringes* I love though, that even then, he's still thinking of Sam, and what's best for him.

"“Don’t feel…any different…’cept for the…pain.”"

I know I've said this already too, but I love how innocent Dean sounds there. So young.

Again, incredible work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
"Bobby had decided that he was getting too old to be tossed around by angry spirits anymore so he had settled into being Sam’s researcher and experienced mentor until, as Bobby had put it, “life has decided it’s had enough of me”. Sam was grateful for the comfort Bobby provided him. He was a familiar voice, a warm presence. Family. All the family he had left other than Sarah and the kids."

I've said it before, but I love Bobby's line. I can so easily imagine him saying that. I also love the idea of Sam calling him family. So true.

"Little Dean reminded Sam of what Dean might have been like at 4, before they had lost their mom, helpful and caring."

That is such a wonderful picture.

"The kids called him Uncle Bobby because he hadn’t been fond of being called Gramps, but he might as well have been a grandfather to them."

*falls over laughing*

"“Can’t change my stripes, Sam. That house is all I have in the world. It has all of my memories tucked away in it. My wife’s memories are there, too, both the good and the bad. I can’t leave it.”"

You capture Bobby so well, and I love that Bobby doesn't want to leave the house. It's obvious that it really does mean a lot to him.

Great work! :)

RedDragen chapter 4 . 3/13/2008
I love this short story.
JHNNangel13 chapter 4 . 3/13/2008
Very touching story and I absolutely loved it. The ending was just wonderful and perfect. Very well done and this is just such a touching sweet story. Great job on the characters too!
whoaaitsmichele chapter 4 . 3/13/2008
AWESOME ENDING TO AN AWESOME STORY!
Lexian chapter 3 . 3/13/2008
OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! KEEP GOIN I NEED A FIX lol... it is very sweet.
raputathebuta chapter 3 . 3/13/2008
Wow. Poor Sammy & Bobby! Yay for Sarah...she was my favorite out of all the "love interests" on the show. They should bring her back.

I'm really enjoying this even though it's breaking my heart! Looking forward to more.
timetowaste247 chapter 3 . 3/13/2008
I love reading writers versions of how the deal turns out. I think this is the first time that I hear of doing some soul removal ritual. Props for originality. It really puts them in the lesser of two evils scenario. It even more heart break basically having to kill him to save him. Hollow Victory fits this scenario really well. Dean didn't go to hell but he still didn't live. It is nice to see that you have included both Bobby and Sarah. I like that you brought in the part about Dean saying that Bobby was like a father to him. It enhances our understanding of their relationship and makes the lost see that much worse.