Reviews for Of Mice and Men Epilogue
luke chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I thought this was a very nice and sweet and logical outcome to the story. i'm writi an epilogur for OMM and i choose a different, darker route for the story. (I'm 14,i go to endeavor charter, Raliegh Nc) i thoutgh a darker path for george i thoug t he couldnt bare all the guilt of his actions with lennie I wrote instead of george killing himself. i think your srtory is wonderful, but i think it took a more...i dont know...i think it took a weird path. george was obviously very afflicted with his loss.

Luke Rosen
(contact: )
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Evelyn Briar Black chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I have to admit that this is probably the last thing I would have expected to happen to George after the story.

Putting that aside, I did enjoy it. It's nice seeing George with a happy ending, and although different from what I would have expected, I can definitly see it.

Great job.
devonff chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
I liked how you named George's son Lennie showing George was remorseful about killing his friend Lennie. I alos liked how George finally got his small farm with the perfect setting. I was just wondering how you came up with the names of his wife and dogs.
Sharon K chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I like how this epilogue shows that some dreams are not lost, especially after the book had such a tragic(and somewhat dissapointing)ending. It also gives lots of detail, like the author did, throughout the book, which makes your ending even more authentic. Although,the timing seems to be a bit off. It seems like George would be older than 38, eleven years after shooting lennie. However, it does not take away from the ending. Also I really like how George named his child Lennie. Nice Job!
StephEE chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I like the idea that George finally achieved his dream years and years later. It gives a very warm fuzzy feeling. Although I think that it would have been cool if George's new life was what he and Lennie had been planning, with the rabbits, ect. I also like that George is keeping the memories of Lennie alive by naming his son after him and telling him stories about the best of Lennie. George doesnt act a bit sorrowful or guilty about what he has done. Is that why he named his son after him?
marcus F chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I thought the story was very neat. I liked how you gave george his dream dream house on a farm and his family. He had to kill his friend lennie but he got somthing in return his dream. I also liked the precise laugauge that you used in this. I also liked how you made gearge miss lennie, you showed this by having george name his son lennie. Lastily I would just like to restate how much of a good ending i thought this was, I kind of needed this because I don't like when books just leave me hanging.
JarridT chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I like the positive spin you put on the story but I can guarantee it completely undoes what Speinbeck was getting at with the fateful book "Of Mice and Men". Overrall it is a possiblity of happening if George overcame his sadness of Lenny's death and without Lenny holding him back anymore he woudl be able to meet girls and go farther. But I think that losing someone like Lenny who had been with him and depended on him for his whole life would be to big of a hit for him to regain any personal connections with people. And the fact that Lenny was mentally handicapped and forced George to take care of him which only makes things worse for Georges emotional status.
Alyssa M1 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I think that you did a very nice job in writing an epilouge for this book. I think that having George's son named after Lennie and telling stories about the original Lennie showed the George really had cared for Lennie and was really sad and mabye regrets shooting him.
VictoriaSkittlez chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
AW... how sweet..

I thought this was extremely well written...

I love the plot, description- all around... it was great...

Keep posting! I look forward to seeing your other works... )
nukagirl chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Hi, I am doing Of Mice and Men in English at the moment, and I really enjoyed it. It's nice to think that George got his ranch in the end, and that his son is called Lennie. It was quite sweet, Well done
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
First, I think you've done very well.

Second, I think you caught the time frame in your description.

Third, I love how you had him name his kid after his old friend.

It was my personal opinion that he didn't want to shot Lenny, but he knew that if he didn't someone else would, and he couldn't be sure they would make it so that Lenny wouldn't suffer. He did what he had to do.