Reviews for White Almond
AlterEgoSadist chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Lovely crossover, wonderful to read. It's not often a story like this pops up in the midst of a fandom(s), so I take the time to read it thoroughly and enjoy what it has to offer. That being said, I liked this very much. The gentle, contemplative, sorrowful tone is almost soothing to read, and I especially love the fact that InuYasha seems to be much more mature than he is in the series (At least, in the early episodes of the anime...Never read the manga, or even watched all of the episodes, so can't really tell how he changes in the course of the plot), not to mention that Kenshin's conflicts are over, yet he still continues to help people whenever he can (which is so much like him to do so)...Even if the person appears in his dreams. The setting where the two met seems very reminiscent to both the RuroKen manga and InuYasha anime, oddly enough: The touch of the flowers mentioned here could easily be included in either world. Characterization was impressively spot-on as well. Wonderful work here, my friend. Please, keep it up.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I enjoyed this, but I'd really like to see a sequel where Inuyasha shows up at the dojo. I agree that would be lots of fun :P
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I'd never really thought about the similarities between Kikyo and Tomoe before, but their tragic ends certainly gave Inuyasha and Kenshin something to talk about.

Nice story, shows great sensitivity to both their plights.
BAFling chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
When I saw it was about Inuyasha musing about the past I thought: 'Oh God. This is going to make me sad, isn't it?'I was half-right. It did make me feel sad, but that wasn't all. I didn't immidiately know it was Kenshin talking there and when I did it was a pleasnat jolt. So cool. I loved it all. The style and dialogue and story and everything! If this is an old work I'll bet you'll be knocking my socks off even more now XD I still think you're one of the best authors I've read and I don't think I'll be changing my mind anytime soon. Love you!
Draconic Ban-Sidhe chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
You know, even though you say it's old and not that good, I thought it was a pretty decent read. The ending was a bit abrupt, perhaps...just a little more to fill it in, but that's probably just me. )
sueb262 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Wow! I must admit that I started this with "gentle" expectations, as I'm not usually into anything like "cute cross-over meetings", but this is a simply wonderful piece! The exploration of their characters, and especially, how those characters would interact (if just barely-they approach life so differently: one so dismissive and the other so deferential) was just a delight.

You skillfully drew out the parallels in their situations, without torturing canon and without hitting us over the head with them. And I (hardcore RK to the heart) loved your portrayal of an older, more mature Kenshin.

However, I also found it pleasing that I wasn't sure, especially at first, that this WAS an older Kenshin-I first imagined the wanderer in this grove. But his voice was so peaceful and wise that it was clear this had to be much farther along in Kenshin's timeline. This made it a bit of a mystery _why_ he was here: I tend to think that Kenshin, although ever mindful of Tomoe and her place in his life, is the sort that, once getting the idea of living in the present, does so quite thoroughly, and so wouldn't spend time away from his family mooning (HA! pun-sorry!) over his past.

Anyway, lovely, lyrical, touching piece, this. It made me smile and sigh deeply-thanks!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
i don't really fancy kikyo or tomoe all that much, always thought they were a bit boring, too sad and slightly flawed as opposed their livelier more entertainingly flawed counterparts but their similarities are striking.

one thinks of this as just a moment in time of a much bigger story as my mind tries to continue this... imagining yasha walking into the dojo, interactions and possible acceptance of the kenshin-gumi. the relatively short century and a quarter wait until kagome's time (you weren't clear on if she survived the final battle [as the final battle rages now in the manga] so i'm just assuming she survived and was sent back P)...

eloquently written and i'm happy when wonderful author's write in the fandoms i read (about time), in this case it was a crossover of both.

delighted,