Reviews for The Mission Field
cgal1826 chapter 13 . 7/31/2014
Sorry just reviewed below but I couldn't help wondering what it was he realised he wanted to do? If you ever come on here anymore and see this ... let me know ? Haha

And again well done! Keep going over the last bit... Beautifully written!
Guest chapter 13 . 7/31/2014
Last chapter was beautiful ! The message she wrote him, wow. So simple but so powerful and a good depiction of Hanson (especially in the last season) What an amazing end to your story! You had me emotional a few times and this was one if them ! The idea of the crash was interesting, I didn't mind at all it wasn't jump street related and I loved the other characters you created as well, really well done! Thankyou so much for sharing this !
dwjfoxy chapter 13 . 11/14/2013
Wow. Just...wow. I'm pretty new to 21 Jump Street, but I have been a fanfic writer for other fandoms for many, many years, and I can honestly say that your story really touched me. The writing was perfect, the storyline itself had exactly the right dose of true characterisation and interaction, as well as great dialogue. It 'felt' right. Just right. What a wonderful gem. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story and I'm looking forward to reading more from you.
crokettsgirl chapter 13 . 9/30/2010
Theresa this was a beautiful story about caring, loving, surivival and raw emotion. To write a 21 Jump Street story doesn't mean you have to do a case, it's the characters that you write and that they are in canon to the show. Remember there were episodes that there wasn't a case on like when they did go to El Salvador and others too. I enjoyed this story and look forward to going now to the sequel. You did an excellent job with the whole story, descriptions of what was happening to each character and how the impacted on the other ones. And the self searching, the thoughts in their minds. Wonderful. I really enjoyed and loved reading this. Sue...
crokettsgirl chapter 8 . 9/28/2010
This story is very good and I really love how you have them in character. So said that Michael had to die as his baby was being born. This is a very good story and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Now, if you could pm me if you get this and tell me about meeting Johnny Depp that would be amazing. Is he as cute in person and sexy, of course , right? He nice to his fans? How did you get to meet him at 4 am? Oh that is just so cool! thanks, Sue
Sarah2010 chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
This is an absolutely wonderful piece of storytelling.

The characterisations were exceptional,; the story flowed beautifully and you had me misting up more than a couple of times.

Can't wait to read more of you work - thank you.
Patti chapter 13 . 11/4/2009
I just found this site. This story was amazing! You are a very talented writer. You wrote Tom and Doug perfectly! PLEASE Write more! Please!
Trekkieb chapter 13 . 7/26/2009
I really loved this story. I didn't care one whit about this not being "Jump Street" ish. You took the characters and put them into extreme conditions and managed to keep them in character. You wrote Tom and Doug very well. I loved the drama and angst, and the original characters, and the ending scenes were very emotional. I love many of your 21JS fics. Keep writing!
saintlyseverus chapter 14 . 8/5/2008
I loved this! Well written and lots of Hanson angst!

awesomeness!
Kittycat88 chapter 14 . 7/26/2008
Beautiful story. I felt I was with them every moment. Agonizing at some parts...but I am so curious as to what happens to these two characters? Miralinda and Tommy? Will there be more?

Thank you !
rubydoo chapter 14 . 6/11/2008
i so very much loved this piece of art.i am very excited about your next piece. till then thank you and GOD BLESS.
firebunee chapter 14 . 6/10/2008
Tears! GAH! You are the best! IT was beautiful! I loved it. I cant stand how absolutly beautiful the end was I think it was perfect.
debbiets chapter 14 . 6/9/2008
Thank you so much for your beautiful story.

I'm so sorry it's over, but I very much hope you still have the 'urge' to continue writing Jump Street fic. You are one very talented writer.
cobalt elysium chapter 14 . 6/8/2008
*Cries* It's over...oh gods! No. I was so enjoying this.

The good must come to an end i spose but... but... damn it. I still wanted to read this. But I do look forward to new works :D

It was such a great interaction with Doug and Tom too- that soft vulnerbitliy of Toms, yet his deterimnation and strength and Doug obviously overjoyed and morep lacid than his normal loud self and the relief and tenderness between them. You really do know your emotions and how to portray these.

"“Yeah?” God, now what?" That was perfectly needed, and so well played.

Damn you Hanson, and your perfectly cute stuborness. Why couldnt you just stay in that darn hospital! Lucky he made it, no? ;)

I can't imagine that relief either; of finally, after so long and with so little hope, of being home. But you did, becasue you wrote it so eloquently, with such feeling and depth.

I love too, how you still inlclude Penhalls' visible fear- when he nudges Tom out of paranoia, thus putting me into panic mode. But the depth you put into their little spat, how Tom lets Doug talk, and allows himself to lose for Doug because of eveything he's given up. I mean, I sure as hell havent forgotten, but it's great to see that you're writing it so that Tom hasn't forogtten either. And that you're not writing it like Tom's the only one who went through any trauma because he's the only one who feel unconscious and nearly died; but that Doug suffered mentally so much and the physical strain too.

"You are important, too. You have people waiting for you as well." that held so much, more than i can possible describe and created that perfect greeting, because we had Doug and Clavo and that so sweet greeting, and a melancholy Hanson looking on and then that utter sweet and deep line. "You are important, too. You have people waiting for you as well."

And this is where I say I teared up a little. The letter M'Linda writes to Tom was so beautifully sad. It never ocurred to me that Raphael would also have Thomas' name, but I'm so very glad it has now. It has so much meaning. This entire beautiful , and very thankfully, lonmg story has.

And you ahd such a perfect ending and lov, I really must say thankyou. Thank you so very mcuh for this; you truly are taltented and have such a poetic soul. Thank you again. i doubt I will see another story like this again.
cobalt elysium chapter 13 . 6/8/2008
I just got back from a night of heavy drinking (exams are over!) and one of the first things i was greeted with was two very new updates from you.

I was estatic!

A great opener; im rapt you went back to Tom's pov, and weren't so daft as to include *every* little detail. Just the bear, frantic and painful essentials. And you eneded that scene to the next tidally and dramatically- that's always hard, flowing the previous scene to the next, but you did it very well.

And what brillisnce. "“Marilinda, he – he doesn’t really even like taking aspirin.” I know its just such a simple line ,and not nearly as signifigant scene, but bringing that up, Tom's hatred of drugs since the instituition, really pulled at my heart and I couldn't believe id forgotten- lol and youd remembered something like that- not only that, but you'd weaved it in so well and so logically.

Then you go back to Tom, something I didn't expect and suprisingly wasnt ready for, I love the interactions between M'Linda and Doug ( of course Tommy angst first all the way, everyday) but I'd been enjoying Doug and M'Lindas bittersweet conversation- a good sign of a writer, having the audience enjoy oc characters.

It was very brilliantly done, how you wove the words of m'Linda Doug and the docotrs in Toms ..unconsciousness. Very cleverly done.

And so sad when the prison voices came in (tho, and not that i..well,it was.. arousing. well come on! its Depp and and..urgh fine...well you did write it too LOL!) But it was very brilliantly done ( i need to get a thesuaraus and find some new words for brillaint, that arnt astounded or amazing or talented or.. damn..) You are talnted darlin', you really and truly are.

Ah! Ah! Thank every damn decent thing for Marilinda! I started panicking when Tom couldnt get help, but then she came and that relief! Urgh! But I am going to miss her :( It'll seem so weird without her and Tom and DOug being together...

And again, you got the goodbye so well. It was teary and over emotional and pointless babble of "Oh god why do i hav to leave I wish I didnt.. yea, i wish you didnt either...well so i wont then.." or "im sorry this is how it has to be...no, please stay..im sorry,i really am..." and you skim over it. This was a thought out, very realistic and characteristic piece and deserves more applaud over anything else.

Another swift enidng but I'm beginning to realise thats how you work. You write such an emotionally draining and triing piece, and realise, in your mind, sh!t too long, wrap it up very neatly and intriguingly and then drag everything on so perfectly the next chapter. And you leaves you wanting and craving for more. You really do astound me, m'dear.

I must also comment on the useage medical lingo and more importantly, how you've kept it in the 80's timeframe. Suprisingly, a lot has advanced since those odd 20 years ago and it's very good of you as an author to take all that into accont. Just more proof of how very talented you are.

The best to you lov, and take care