Reviews for If You Let Me
Kenocka chapter 8 . 4/16/2012
I wish you'd continue this. I'd love to see everything from their point of view ESPECIALLY after reading A Step Down From Perfect.
MessengerOfDreams chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Oh shit I apologize for being so late!

...but really, all I had to do was give you absolutely amazing commendations. It didn't finish (it would have been good, but your life is heading in a good direction I can assume now so obviously I can't fault you.) The characters are amazing, the storyline is amazing. This is literally the most detailed, love-labored and thought out story I've seen on Fanfiction. I think it one of the best, if not the best, as well. 10/10
MessengerOfDreams chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
Probably the most brilliant take on the Smash part of the game I've ever seen. Most Smash Mansion type fics bore the everloving shit out of me but this take shatters normalcy and the bubble gum pop that is usually there. The dystopian feel is absolutely brilliant as it is in Step Down (which I also love). Mewtwo and Peach are amazing characters in every way- they are rooted, deep, complicated but they rise above the canon,most importantly. Mewtwo isn't a hateful soulless hermit even though he is angry and distrusts humans, and Peach isn't a clueless, giddy Princess Lollipop. She's deep, smart and thoughtful, but she still has the unconditional faith, love and optimism that defines her.s her Also, the story, reworked and expanded from Step Down, was also very brilliantl. Which seems to be the key word here. The basic premise of Master Hand turning the tournamnt into this miserable hell is done well and innovatively and Mewtwo's relationnship with Peach is also a well-paced beautiful thing... I'm ly tired of typing sloppily from a candy bar
Memory Storm chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Haven't finished reading this discontinued Fic yet, but what i've read so far is p-r-e-t-t-y awesome.

Really intelligent and yet not so pretentious it becomes hard to read.

Kudos to you- though it's a shame you've quit writing it.

MS
Anna chapter 9 . 11/19/2009
why have you discontinued this fic?

i was enjoying it!please carry on.

what is you fav character?mine is samus!

bye!:D
Lays chapter 9 . 6/1/2009
Dear Byoshi,

You mentioned that reviews motivate you to keep going, that's why I'll add a bit more to the previous review. I hope this does not become too long and boring, as I'm known as the typical windbag. XD

(I don't mind at all if you don't read this review. It is though, in my case, the lengthier the review, it's concerned about stories I exceptionally like.)

I'd always love the Nintendo characters above most of the other gaming figures. That's why I read the stories from the SSB section most of the time. And I'm so glad that I stumbled across your fanfiction! 'A Step Down from Perfect' was the first one, to be exact. Your stories are totally different than what I often read.

First of all I love your writing style. It contains detailed descriptions of the mind and feelings of characters. Particularly parts when characters reflect their past is nicely done. For example when Peach recalls the situations with her father or when Mewtwo asks himself questions about his existence, it gives an impression that the characters aren't static. Dunno, a bit like looking back, and learning from the past. Also the 'mind lines' between dialogues has a nice effect. As most of the time they say things they don't even mean. And it is wonderful how you use the environment to emphasize on feelings. Like that part with the garden when describing Samus in chapter 6.

Secondly the plot is so brilliant. Most of the time, the Mansion is described as a place where the Smashers go on vacation and compete in the tournament. If it was romance centered, it was a love story set inside the Mansion. Even though your main setting is the Mansion too, you manage to add a twist with the same Mansion by bringing up its dark side. It gives purpose for that certain setting and I really admire that. (I tried to discover more purposes for Smash Mansion other than friendly tournaments, but very difficult to describe it, that's why I find it so cool when people can do the task.)[Thumbs up.]

Thirdly, the flow of the story is great. I don't like it when characters grow attached of each other very quickly. The different chapters show a clear slow pace of the developing trust between Peach and Mewtwo. You manage to bring in suspense too throughout the story, when for example Ganondorf wanted to see Peach suddenly.

Finally, the character portrayals are not according the cliches, which is rare among the fanfiction. Very refreshing to see different portrayals where Peach is an intelligent woman. Your story made me like certain characters, the Princess in great particular. Ganondorf is very interesting, he's written in the way like a manipulative villain, which I imagine him to be. Mewtwo is an overlooked character, although I used to be a Pokemon, I started to rediscover his awesomeness when I read your stories. Even with little mentioning of Samus, I like her portrayal too. She appears a bit excluded and speaks barely which fits her character very well, I think. (Don't know, I don't like her as a happy character)

There's also character development while in most stories there aren't very much.

Honestly, I hesitated before clicking this story because I was afraid that it was a crackfic with a random pairing. Peach is not portrayed very positively, and Mewtwo neither. Didn't know what to expect. I accept loads of things but some relationships of humans with 'animals' is just creepy, even in stories alone. Sorry for the prejudice, I decided to judge on author instead of cover and I'm happy I did. :D

Everything summed up, you're an extraordinary writer with original and inspiring ideas. (BTW, I believe that 'Perfect' made me like FalSam)

There isn't one negative aspect at all I can mention from your writings. Maybe there is one, which is.. the abrupt end of awesome stories halfway. Please tell me whether I got it wrong, but I thought that I read somewhere that this one won't be continued O_o. If that's really the case, I respect your decision totally! (However I do hope that it continues and I don't mind waiting at all.)

In general, I wish you good luck with writing! _

Best Wishes,

Lays
Lays chapter 7 . 5/30/2009
Dear Byoshi,

I absolutely admire the stories you've posted on this site! They are all very inspiring and beautiful. I will put a longer review next time (tomorrow) as it is quite late in the place where I'm situated currently. I wish to continue reading, but my eyes start to fail on me and they seriously demand rest. :D

Best Wishes,

Lays
A fan chapter 9 . 5/1/2009
This fic is made of total win. Everyone - and I mean everyone - is so incredibly in character and your storyline is gripping. And don't worry, you characterized Ganon fine.
Crazy Reader chapter 9 . 3/30/2009
Woot! An update!

Love the story, Mewtwo is one of my favorits, nice ideas you have going!

Update soon!
Atryd von Aschoen chapter 9 . 3/17/2009
Addendum(b) to previous review: Of course, having submitted that, I only -now- spot the bit in your profile about likely dropping this story. Figures. Well, if you do decide to drop it, it's ultimately your call, far be it from me to be the one to tell you not to. Your writing is great regardless. It is worth noting, however, that the author of Sherlock Holmes hated the Holmes stories; he wrote them because they were the kind of 'drivel' that the public wanted.

But fie to that, it's your 'fic. Write what -you- want. We're just here to enjoy the results.

-AvA, Again
Atryd von Aschoen chapter 9 . 3/17/2009
Haven't been around to read anything in a while, or review anything for that matter, but keep up the good work. I'm loving the similarities and differences in the two conversations Peach had in this one, namely the 'Here is my plan, gaze upon it' feel that Ganondorf exudes versus the 'Here is what I'm going to do, you're welcome to participate' feel coming from Mewtwo. I find myself picturing Ganondorf as some great feudal-era lord plotting the overthrow of the current emperor and Mewtwo, vassal to the emperor's right-hand, sitting back and whetting his blade for the inevitable fight to come.

That could just be my overactive imagination acting up again, though.

In any case, great chapter, and I can't wait for more.

-AvA
Crazy Foxie chapter 9 . 3/16/2009
Aah, sorry for the massive delay in reviewing! Looks like I haven't been handing in my homework on time :) What'll be, Teacher Byoshi? Detention?

But anyway, enough of that. I wanted to say you've done a fantastic job with Ganondorf. Not many people can grasp the evilness of him as well as you have, and I admire that! The fact he remains so calm is what freaks me out. And the constant use of leading questions! He doesn't give anyone a moment to think!

No wonder why Peach didn't look forward to meeting him...

Aw, I can see where Mewtwo's coming from. Guess it seems Peach is trying too hard to protect him...It'll be good if they do work together, which it does look like at the moment.

Again, another brilliant update. And, whilst I'm here, is your next story also something to do with overthrowing Master Hand? ;p
Anonymous Reviewer 14 chapter 9 . 3/8/2009
Meant Smash where it says 'ash'. .
Anonymous Reviewer 14 chapter 9 . 3/7/2009
I read this entire story, and it is one of the best ash stories I have read. I don't understand why you do not like writing this, it is an awesome story.

I'm gonna have to read more of your work.
ChocolateyGenesis chapter 9 . 3/5/2009
Woah, I really like your description, This is pretty cool!