Reviews for The Phantom of Atlantis
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 4 . 7/1
Good to see that the OC was killed off. Well, not "good" good, but you know what I mean.

Appreciate seeing a POV of what Weir was going through during all this, particularly since she had less experience with these sorts of insanity than the base leaders her and in SG-1, even if she did rise to the occasion against Anubis
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 3 . 7/1
Type in: "Password", that should deactivate the shield X-P

Was wondering how the time travel would fit into this, given how in canon Weir had gone back and was the only survivor of the travelers.
And the military 2nd in command mentioned is not at all an implication of something...
And the silver mask chasing a Wraith...

LOL for Rodney on a member of his staff deactivating the forcefield

Also kudos for having Weir refer to the Goa'uld, with two exceptions they were pretty much forgotten despite how most of the Atlantis personnel would have fought against them (militarily or scientifically) at one point or another

Thanks for how you did Sumner by the way, tend to remember him in a negative light but had forgotten some stuff
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 2 . 6/30
Yes, very ominous question at the end. Of course the "Phantom" could have also been trying to keep them from leaving. Also possible I guess that the Ancients would want to be sure that the Wraith had no ability to follow after them.

Nice ominous start with the DHD to hint something is off. The more powered up ZPM will be an interesting addition

Curious if you read this book, just getting vibes similar to it:

www dot amazon dot com/STARGATE-ATLANTIS-Reliquary-Martha-Wells-ebook/dp/B006MKRJCO/refsr_1_16?sbooks&ieUTF8&qid1467350892&sr1-16&keywordsstargateatlantis#nav-subnav
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 6/29
Nice first impression on Weir's part as she takes in the majestic city
Whirlwind421 chapter 37 . 7/14/2015
Great first story! :D I hope for the next story that the relationships...especially Elizabeth and John develop more deeply. I sort of get the idea that you don't like McKay so much. But, John and Rodney have a pretty good friendship.
Whirlwind421 chapter 25 . 7/12/2015
I loved this chapter. It was so cute! One thing I hope we figure out is...is he like the Phantom where half his face is disfigured. I hope not. I guess I will see?
Whirlwind421 chapter 17 . 7/11/2015
Awww...poor John! *sniff sniff*
Terry Kay chapter 37 . 6/7/2015
Loved it!
SamHelenCarterMagnus chapter 37 . 5/3/2013
Looooooooooooooooooooove it! now onto your glorious sequel!
June Odyssey chapter 37 . 10/17/2012
First off I'd like to say that you're story line is marvelous. I kept reading because I really wanted to know more about the Phantom. It was full of suspense and drama and I loved it.
Secondly there were a few minor grammar mistakes and a few words without spaces in between. The most major problem with grammar you had was several unfinished sentences here and there.
There was also another more writing related problem, it was that a few times you used the exact same descriptions. For example, (and I'm not sure this is the exact wording but it's close) "John said as casually as if he was giving the latest weather report." When I read that I immediately thought that that was a fantastic description but then you used almost the exact same wording too soon after it. That diminished the first time's value. This happened a few other times.
The other thing that was big for me as the reader was the mask. You mentioned it very often but I never got a adequate description. I found myself wondering whether his mask was hard like plastic or stretched like fabric, I wondered if it covered only his face or if it went all the way over his head and down his neck.
To end on a positive note, I was intrigued by the story with the older Elizabeth. I pieced together what I could from the bits you gave. I love the mystery of the Phantom, it was so exciting! The way you portrayed Sumner and Ford was very good and seemed to fit right in with what would have happened. How you wrote McKay and Beckett and Teyla all fit in nicely with the characters and was completely believable. Elizabeth was in character as well but it was great to have some insight to her thoughts. John as this mysterious Phantom is what really captured my attention throughout the story.

I hope you find this helpful!
June
sheppardlover928 chapter 37 . 9/18/2012
Loved it all!
kwh5953 chapter 19 . 1/18/2012
I think its scrude up how sumner thinks its so cool that teyla can take down a wraith in hand to hand but hates the fact that john can kill a wraith with a sword. In my oppinion i think sumner feels threatoned by the phantom because in truth john has the right to atlantis do to the fact that he was there first. And btw in the series weir was one that wasnt afraid to stand up to people like sumner and if anything would remove him from command in a heart beat for example when she got in a heated argument with jack oneill whenshe was in control of the sgc. And one more thing the name im using is my real user name s you can reply if you feel the need to,but other than that i love the story.

marc chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
excellent story so far, great details, keep up the good work!
PhoenixRe chapter 37 . 7/12/2010
Wow, really nice take on the first season.

You narrated quite nicely the events without forgetting anything essential even to people like me who don't remember much detail but quick enough so as to not bore those that do.

The whole mystery twist was a nice touch and I really liked your portrayal of the characters.

Will certainly check out the sequel.

Always loved Weir and was very sad to see her go and John of course is simply awesome. (The part where you have the Wraith dear him and actually take a step back was sooooooooooo cool)
PhoenixRe chapter 6 . 7/12/2010
Nice story so far. I like the mystery you have created. Really ?enchanting?.

As for

"Just to clarify, I'm not out to portray Sumner as the Atlantis Harry Maybourne, doing what he wants even if it means people get prosecuted simply for trying to do the right thing; I see him as a man who just adheres strongly to the importance of the chain of command and resents somebody who might go against it at a moment's provocation, as opposed to Jack, John and Mitchell, who all acknowledge that there are times when you have to give the chain of command the big middle-digit-up and do what you know is right rather than what you're told if anyone's going to get out of there alive."

I wouldn't worry. I never thought of Maybourne. You have achieved what you set out to do; so far.
182 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »