Reviews for Mr Lancer & the Secret Language of Flowers
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Oh, so good! I really liked this story. A lot different than most of the other school related fics I've read. Unique and very fun.

You began really well with Lancer in character, just going along on school business and complaining of the things he should complain about as a teacher. And then, you turn it on its head and go into this awesome idea with the flowers and their meanings. I really loved it. It was a great way to get some special but esoteric knowledge into a great piece of fandom work.

Thanks.

Sapphireswimming
Google chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
At first the name deterred me but eventuly my curiosity got the best of me and I read it I was pleasntly surprise at how good this story was.
Not bothering to sign in again chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
That last line just made my day.
Alluring Alliteration chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Wow, you really did your research!
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Aw, that was a lovely little oneshot! Too bad you didn't bring up what anyone else got. ;)
ArellaoftheLuvara chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
This was really nice- a neat idea for a story. I wish you'd written a bit more, though: had Lancer making more observations about who was carrying what flowers. Sam's were really sweet- I love that milkvetch "your presence softens my pain" one, I can just *see* Lancer being the only one outside the trio knowing what it means since he's so well-read and they, well. Not too hard guessing who got *that* for Sam. .

I was looking forward to seeing what Danny might have with him, though... or Tucker, or Paulina. She probably would get so many she'd have somebody *else* carrying hers around for her. xD Perhaps Lancer himself would find a couple stray flowers on his desk?

All in all, a lovely oneshot. It has the potential for more, though.
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
That was so sweet! :)
lizzpercush chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
I enjoyed this. It's not you're average DP fic, you either know a lot about flowers or put serious research into this, the idea is unique, and Lancer isn't portrayed as a tyrant which unfortunately is the impression give at times in the show and other fics.

very nice. you wouldn't happen to have any titles to any House and Danny Phantom cross over fics would you?
magdilen chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
That was so cute- now I want to go research the language of flowers.
avearia chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
This was a beautifully written piece, and I'm glad I read it. Your characterization of Mr. Lancer was to die for... some people don't even WRITE characterization, and I can see that you've got that down pat.

I especially liked Mr. Lancer's obsession over balloons, and how you introduced it; preceeded by normal annoyances like late homework, cheating, and chewing gum that would seem normal for a teacher. I read that line and thought, "Wait, he doesn't like balloons? WHY?" it was cute. I guess everyone has their own little peeves.

although it would have been nice to see the 'tradition' of flower language in action at the school (i.e. seeing someone recieve the flower or something,) it was still a nice picture that you painted. My school doesn't do anything for V-day, it's kinda sad.

and I love the last line. funny.:)

Hope to read some more of this from you, sometime. it was a good read. Until next time,

~avearia
musiclover9419 chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
i caught the DxS hint there specially with the meanings since they fit so well!i love stories feturing lancer,another amazing one!
Dragon Elexus chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
This was very beautifully written. I love Lancer stories, and the detail you put in to the meanings of different flowers was very nice.
b1oom chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Best Lancer-centric fic ever.

Love,

Francesca
bookworm chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
that was lovely & sweet. A nice reminder too, I've always loved the Flower Language, as contradictory as it can be. Offers Mr Lancer Amethyst (admiration), Apple Blossom (good fortune) & Cherry (good education) in a Bay wreath (reward of merit)
Spiderweb Sky chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Aww, adorable. I loved it! That was really nice and peaceful. It is nice to not read something screaming 'DxS!' but is still all warm and fluffy.

I wish my schools did something like this. Although I might end up like that poor unpopular girl, but I would still think the flowers were pretty.

Beautifully written. I give you a Fennel, for praise. :)