ji9 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
her name is jess not jenn duhhhh!
mel60 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
How on earth did I miss this? Wow. This is amazing. The Flack family dynamic is delicious and angsty - one might even say 'angstelicious.'
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
I can't believe I missed this wonderful story! Poor Don, to have all of that happen to his family at such a young age. It's horrible. Edmond is a real bastard. To just show up like and expect his brother to give him money and a place to stay after everything he's done to Don is plain wrong. Then to attack Angell is just as bad.

I love this part:

“That would be Detective Jennifer Angell to you, and she’s perfectly capable of kicking your sorry ass on her own. Now drop the knife!”

You should do another chapter or a oneshot where Flack and Angell have that burger and a conversation.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
A great story. Very good.
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Hi, I've only just found this, and really loved it. Flack is one of my favourite characters, and I see now you've written some more, which I shall treat myself to reading shortly! This was brilliant, full of the unexpected, and loved the idea of Flack's older brother, waiting for him, and sitting in his chair. And I really enjoyed it happening through, some of it at least, Angell's eyes. I had to laugh, and agree, with the comment about him filling his jeans nicely :) And how she took the opportunity to 'blatantly ogle from afar'. The other Flack. Great way to describe him from what he has of Don's, and what he doesn't have. Really glad Angell got to defeat him at the end, she's an interesting character, and I like the relationship she and Don have. The final scene was really good, all the guilt that Don must have, and yet he follows his duty. The ending I really liked, and it was perfectly fitting. So much thought, action, angst previously, and then a very simple solution to finish, and the deed of a true friend. Great story.
Sera-dipity chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
that was brilliant, and i liked the darkness about it cause you always get the feeling that Flack has something in his past. Very ell written.
cherryspark101 chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
This story was great. I really like the Flack/Angell storyline...please write more!
notesofwimsey chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
As always, you create an entire believable world out of a few lines and create characters that never really leave the psyche. I see Flack as so much lighter than you do, but I always love the way you shade him - makes me think of film noir or graphic novels.

Great job as always!
the bean25 chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
That was really good. I wasn't really expecting it to go that way but I liked it.
LadyPuzzler chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Bravo! Your angst is perfect! And it's a wonderful story!
mbnola chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
You totally can go that dark, your angst is actual angst, not that crappy faux emo stuff the kids are shoveling out these days. As always, I was entranced from the first word to the last and hope I can learn to capture a story in words the way you do!
marialisa chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Your ability to develop a back story for a character (and Flack in particular - can't imagine why that would be *smirk*) never ceases to amaze me.

I'm with Angell - the man is gorgeous in jeans!

This is going to continue, right?
Alexandra Khayman chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Well, I've read the other reviews before posting mine and now I don't have anything to say because I'd be repeating everything that people said over here. It wasn't too angsty (angsty is good) neither too dark. And you're getting me really interested on this Angell/Flack interaction. Are they getting close in the 4th season? (We're still on episode 2 over here...)

Anyways, loved it, as always. (I always say the same thing, don't I?).

jayfray chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
That was pretty good, not too angsty at all!
Forest Angel chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
This was good and I think it had the right amount of angst for the storyline. nice job