Reviews for The Alliance Spins
Mendip123 chapter 8 . 5/7/2014
Can't understand how there aren't more reviews for this great story. There's so getting away from the devastation after Miranda ad I think you handle it well. Kaylee so torn because she's finally getting together with Simon and confessing how guilty that makes her feel. The dribs and drabs of news coming through about how the Alliance is handling the PR disaster (sorry for the understatement) of the broadwave, and then the true meaning of your title really hitting in that final section of chapter 8. Spins indeed. I'm grateful to you for Zoe's time away. I enjoyed it. I hope we benefits from that decompression time on her own and I'm so glad she remembers how to love Mal again. They need each other.
So now I have to read on to face up to how mad Mal is going to be at Inara, and how they're going to make sure wash and book didn't die for nothing. Oh. And wait for Jayne to get out of his state sponsored sabbatical.
Thanks for sharing this.
michelann chapter 8 . 9/3/2012
Over all I loved this series. I very much enjoyed your look into the Verse of Joss.I can't wait for your next story.
michelann chapter 4 . 9/3/2012
Oh so Jayne
michelann chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
I like your take on the message from the BDM. It really makes a lot of sense.
purebristles chapter 8 . 10/6/2011
Good work on the powerfully bitter ending. I can imagine this happening - good characterizations (although I thought the bit with the River and the cat was a little OTT.)

Great job!
luvagoo chapter 8 . 10/24/2010
Okay, so I disagree with Zoe leaving and her being at the beach in the first place, but I adoooore that section. It's fantastic. Seriously.
luvagoo chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
Okay, um, two things.

Unless I am much mistaken, the Operative and the Alliance took care of Serenity and her repairs after. Also, Zoe didn't leave...She didn't leave in the movie there, and even if this is an AU thing, I really don't think she would...

Still not bad, going to keep reading now :)
faithseeker chapter 8 . 12/29/2008
I am a new fan of Firefly and I just stumbled across your stories while trying to feed my withdrawal from such a great show. I love your stories and the fact that the characters are perfectly voiced and continue to be a complete crew/team. I especially like the canon relationships and the smooth insertions of OC. (I tend to stay away from them) Please continue with your series and more Firefly fics!
Greeneyedzenggirl chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
Yer fine about cat's n poison ivy. Cat's play in it, people go in after em, people get the rash, cat's don't. Something about the oil composition of their fur, and well of course the fur keeps it off of their skin. We ain't quite so lucky.

There is stuff available in pharmacy's that you can use to stop poison ivy in it's tracks. I've used it plenty of times, works really well...

Good story so far...

Sam
writtenwordlover chapter 8 . 7/13/2008
Excellent story with good characterizations and believable OCs. And nothing questionable as far as pairings for me...it felt right... looking forward to more of your verse.
MrsMosley chapter 4 . 7/13/2008
I just discovered your story and I'm enjoying it so much. This chapter, especially. I love Jayne's rules of brawling!
bladefax chapter 8 . 7/12/2008
Killer story...no typos. Well written...keep up the great work.
CaffeineMom chapter 8 . 7/10/2008
Yeah! You are back!

Can't wait for more. Mal's reaction in the end was very real and in character.
GillianRose chapter 7 . 7/2/2008
Great chapter - I was so worried about Mal! And I am looking forward to the Mal/Inara showdown. You do a great job of putting the authentic characters in an actual, believable plot that fits with the kinds of jobs they did in the series. And Sunny blows my mind! She is so creepy/maternal. I find myself thinking, "Mal should listen to Sunny," then remembering she's a stone cold killer. She's completely surprising, and good OC's are hard to do. Looking forward to the update!
bladefax chapter 6 . 6/18/2008
Good job on the story. Liked it!