Reviews for Phantom Limb
pleurocoelus chapter 10 . 10/30/2013
I was right. Arthur and Molly both in the same head like Spock's katra in 's head in Star Trek II and III. Now if only they could find a Vulcan to perform the Fal-tor-pan ritual.

I understand why you made the beginning so confusing, as that is Harry's mental state at the time, but my goodness! I'm glad I suffered through that to get here. The story is "Fascinating!" as Mr. Spock might say.
X-elemental chapter 13 . 12/10/2012
"And what the hell do you do in the Unspeakable department? Try to decide what people can speak or not?"

'After Voldermort was defeated, the Ministry decided to still put in place and make use of taboo. This was in major part led by Hermione Granger, whose influence may have come in large part of her relationships with Harry Potter and to lesser extend the order of the phoenix and other old pureblood families - but she certainly was capable of making use of it. It was seen to be widely personal issue to herself when she apparated through the wards to scold anybody from saying "fuck", lecturing on both how harrowing was their use of english to that they should be a little more romantic.'
badgerlady chapter 22 . 10/16/2012
This is one of the best stories I've ever read, and I've read a lot of stories. The only flies in the ointment are that I keep wanting to read it aloud to my dead husband and that, you know, it's not finished. Please don't give up on it, or us.
jmkf chapter 22 . 1/31/2012
I somehow missed your updates. I was ;ooking for something to challenge my students and I found earlier versions of your wonderful story . Thoroughly enjoyed rereading it from the start. I assigned it to my 11th graders (helps make stream of consciousness so much more accesible). hanks for keeping on with the tale. Hope for more soon. (also thanks for lifting my students from their winter doldrums.
FarenMaddox chapter 22 . 12/14/2011
I feel awful, having been MIA for so long, but I'm so happy I finally sat down to read this! I love reading your updates for this; I love that I have to concentrate to figure out what's going on, and I adore endlessly your long and convoluted and incredibly apt metaphors. (JOGGER THROUGH A CURTAIN OF WATER!)

I really appreciated seeing the backstory, and I love love LOVE that Ron walked away from that encounter 1st year with the stone in his pocket. Your very dry and knowing commentary on wizarding names was fun for me, too! XD

I hope you're well, and I hope to see another update to this story again soon! (I promise it won't take me months to read it next time...)
saintjimmy84 chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
Thought you should know that your story is brilliant. A bit fragmented, but then, so is the mind of the narrator, and you do a great job of conveying a coherent story through his disjointed thoughts, and you have a way with words that makes me want to keep reading just to figure out what crazy thing Harry is going to think of next.

I think my current favorite phrase comes from an earlier chapter where you described the twins; "I had an image in my head of two glowing sparks in an orbit around each other, held together by unbreakable gravity, forming a single atom of mischief."

Also, when Harry told the Weasleys that they looked like a box of kitchen matches I nearly did a spit take all over my computer screen. You have a way with prose that is unique on this site. Don't get me wrong; there are other brilliant authors, but I haven't read anybody yet (and I've read a lot) who can capture a moment with a perfect, unexpected phrase the way you can. I look forward to reading the rest of this, and to seeing future chapters that you post.

SJ84
jheaton chapter 12 . 10/5/2011
"couldn't figure out how a secular culture somehow made rooms for saints"

... or for taking the Lord's name in vain ("God, this place is going to the dogs" - Draco Malfoy, Prisoner of Azkaban), celebrating Christmas, joining religious orders (as, presumably, the Fat Friar did), engraving Bible verses on tombstone ... why, one might argue that all evidence points to it not being a secular society at all.
valedicere chapter 18 . 9/28/2011
Would like to say: one cannot fall face-down and simultaneously reveal their shins. Shins are on the face-down side. (This is my third go-round.)
Heidinanookie chapter 22 . 9/14/2011
Ingenious chapter. Recently, I've taken to reading out loud to myself to practice my English and also because I simply LOVE to sort of "act" with my voice - and I have to say this chapter was a pure pleasure to read. All the sarcasm! The only problem when you are using your mouth to articulate words is that you can't burst out laughing simultaneously as you read.

I don't quite know what to make of the twist you put on the Umbridge-issue, but I like Desil's compassionate nature here. As always, I can't wait for the next chapter.

heidi
Darth Marrs chapter 21 . 8/31/2011
Finally caught up, and will be looking forward to more.
Freja Lercke-Falkenborg chapter 22 . 8/31/2011
Hi!

I think I've already said what I had to say about this chapter, so I'll just say this: If I'm a better reader than you are a writer, then I believe I'll have to start designing my super hero outfit. Because I'd be in that league and I'd hate not to look the part.

Also, that last bit? STILL cracking me up like there's no tomorrow.

Take care!
Darth Marrs chapter 16 . 8/30/2011
This is like reading Harry Potter as written by James Joyce. The constant stream of consciousness is at once daunting and enthralling at the same time. I completely understand why this fic only has 88 reviews, and those from the same 20-30 people. It's possible only 20-30 people in all of ff dot net-dom get it.

Hell, I barely get it, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it.
gryffinsdoor chapter 22 . 8/28/2011
I'm so very glad that you are still working on this despite the long wait - it has to be one of my favorite fanfics in HP verse. This particular chapter struck me as odder than usual with the different approach, but I decided D's thoughts probably would work that way, and I did appreciate the back story even if it did get a little long-winded at times. I'm not sure I wanted to know exactly why Umbridge was the way she was, and the banter with Petunia was priceless! KUTGW
valedicere chapter 22 . 8/28/2011
Yay, update! I actually reread the story recently so I'm glad my refreshed knowledge was put to use. I really enjoy the humor. The Van Gogh comment was particularly good. And boy, is Dumbledore disturbing. I love that Hermione reported him to the Board of Governors, but total Obliviation? Wow. He's quite a bit more egotistical than I imagine him, but it works. You're good at making his self-righteousness show. In, literally, every action he takes. (Assuming Neville had the stone, judgments on Neville himself along with Hermione and Ron, the whole Quirrell bit...) And the Jesus-Voldemort thing was great. I liked it. Great job, can't wait to see the pieces that you are so tantalizing saying you have done.
Belenor chapter 22 . 8/28/2011
I find this story to be engaging and thought-provoking. It certainly is different from anything I usually read, but I appreciate it nonetheless.