Reviews for Neville Longbottom: A Second Thought
Shu of the Wind chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
And here comes Hannah and Neville. I always think they're so cute.
Princess Gillybean chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Aw, Neville is such a sweetie, I loved how he decided to trust himself :)
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Very nice story. Lovely little trip into Neville's mind.
Dangling.Radishes chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
the research in this Little one-shot, its incredible! I love Neville, and you didn't OOC-him in the slightest! well done.
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
This was really lovely. I think you captured what Neville would be thinking brilliantly, especially right at the end when he looks back at the things that he has done that make him proud of himself.
Defier of Reason chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Caught no mistakes :) It was very well done - great portrayal of Neville - his unsecurity and innocence too.

Lovely.

-Defier-
dancingcarrot21 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Oh, Wiskey. I love this! It's perfectly grammatically fine as far as I can tell. :)

I love Neville's constant questioning of himself; whether he's doing the right thing, or whether he's worthy enough in other people's eyes. It's just so in character for him.

I love his hesitation about if he should send the letter to Hannah; it's so adorable. But I like how he's firm about where he stands in the end.

Oh, and the flower metaphor was absolutely brilliant. How he himself is like that flower, which is why he's so fascinated with it (and it's also a Herbology thing). And your comparison to Hannah losing her mother to Neville having two parents that aren't there for him was excellent. And the commentary was so Neville Longbottom.

I'm looking forward to more of your one-shots! :D

- Carrot
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Really good. The whole thing with Neville's parents and Hannah's mother was the most profound part of this story. I don't think anyone would know the answer to which hurts worse. You also show us Neville's rising confidence when he decides to send the letter to Hannah without having Hermione review it. Actually, after reading this story I can truly see how Neville and Hannah could wind up together.
hondagirl chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
This was a lovely oneshot. I think you got into his head very well. THe part about him reading a plant book was so like him and when he was talking about that plant make my heart break. I wanted to reach in and shake him by the shoulders, "Neville, you ARE the plant!"

Sorry but Neville's got a special place in my heart. After reading book 7 I will never look at him the same way. He truly made his folks proud. And I like how you twisted it a bit to make the Neville-Hannah shine through. There's the canon-compliant Whiskey we all know and love! hehehehe

So in ending I liked this story a lot. And I 'm sorry I haven't read Daphne in alwhile. School's been hard this semester and it seems like all I have time to read are oneshots. But no worry my dear. As soon as finals are over it'll be me, a glass of ice cold lemonade and a afternoon with nothing to do but catch up with Daph. Ah the dreams I hold...;)

-honda
Tamira chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Neville is such a cute boy! and you did him just right! His braveness allways has tofight it's way throiguh being scared, but it manages... and he is caring and sweet... And that letter to Hannah! Good idea there!

Nice little one-shot!
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Awe that great.

I'm wondering why you decided to put the whole Bennu Blossom part in though. I'm just wondering what it has to do with the story.

I like the gradual rise in Nevilles confidence. Great story.
Vega Black62 chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
I liked this story a lot. I thought the bennu bird flower was perfect for the story. I also liked your having him read the Magick in Two Hemispheres book. The part about his Gran was a nice touch too. All in all this was a satisfying story.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Oh, this is lovely. I think you have Neville just right - I adore Neville and the way his character develops through the series and you have him to a tee here. I love his uncertainly about sending the letter, but doing it becasue it's the right thing to do, I love his enthusiasm for herbology and the plant, I lv ehis parents' voices in his head telling him theiy're proud of him. Guess what? I love this fic!
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Neville Longbottom: the accidental hero. When I think of what a Gryffindor should be, it's always Neville. Sure, he's always been scared, but even when he was a wee firstie, he's never shied away from facing those fears. Nailed the character, as usual. This is a great series.
Morning. xx chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
This is very lovely, very Neville. I love the fact that you show him as more than a bumbling idiot, who's magic is so close to a Squib. You show him as a regular teenage boy, who has his own problems, who misses his parents. It's really touching, and I got goosebumps in the paragraph about the DA Galleon, and the Droobles wrapper.