Reviews for A Warm Fire
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
A great story. Very well written.
miladyRanger chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
AWESOME! I love fics with Halbarad, serious topics or not. It's sad that there are so few of them on here... Maybe you could write several more of them? *hint, hint*
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
A lovely one shot.
Tink chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
What a wonderful exchange between Aragorn and Halbarad. This story has very good flow of dialog between them, my favorite line "In love, even a King must surrender." Ah, yes! That made me think of Elu Thingol and Melian, and Celeborn and Galadriel; as two strong "kings" of elves who found themselves with "queens" of equal strength. With these in her ancestry, I think Arwen can take care of herself! Good, sensible Halbarad, there when Aragorn needs him most, and probably knowing that he won't be there to see Aragorn crowned anyway. Sigh...
Bluebonnet chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing such a great piece!

There were a few quotes that made me smile:

“Can what you have be lost? What you are cannot be changed, though others may not see it for some time. What you have it in you to do cannot be taken from you, nor can any other lay claim to it.”

"Is there a second Lúthien in the world without a Beren to match her?"

I love how you portrayed Halbarad in this-so loyal and wise. He's exactly how I imagined him in my mind's eye.

This was so well-written. Thank you, and GREAT JOB!

~Bluebonnet
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I enjoyed this very foreshadowing about the certainly know your Tolkien well.I can just imagine this scene taking place.
estelcontar chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
What a lovely vignette portraying Aragorn and Halbarad friendship. I think you did a great job pointing out how important for Aragorn were people like Halbarad, both family and friends, who had great faith and hope in him. It must meant a lot for Aragorn during his lonely years of wondering. And you showed that to perfection.
Hello Anyone There chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Aw that was so sweet! I loved the way you portrayed their friendship and hope, a truly touching tale!
szepilona10 chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I liked it!
Ellynn chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Very nice. :)
meckinock chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I was vaguely hoping someone would post a story in honor of the day, and was so pleased to find such a lovely and heartwarming one. A lovely reminder that great dreams require great sacrifice, and great men and women stand ready to make them. A wonderful snapshot of two of those great men, and their friendship.
Aelaer chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
What a delightful fic. I imagine them speaking in Sindarin the whole time, even with a quiet tone... aww, I love Halbarad. It is great to see him written about, when so few write about him.

Excellent one shot, I greatly enjoyed it.