Reviews for Anchored
Byakuei chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I remember reading this a long while back and loved it. Ended up searching for this fic and many other Alphia fics as well because I really miss it. I'm so glad it's still here. This is my OTP for SO3 and I think you did a wonderful job with this fic. I really like how you connected them and your form of writing is also really notable. Love it. Hope you still love this pair too.
mistress-reebi chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Wow, another great story you wrote. I really like the emotion in the beginning. Please write more star ocean stories. :)
MissLemmon chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
::claps:: good job. I wish it was longer...
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Really nice story. In the past, I've looked down on this ship because I thought it couldn't work, but I take it back now. You've done a wonderful job showing how it could work and why it would be interesting and compelling. Really awesome.

You dig right into these character and explore them in ways the game neglected to. What really caught me was Albel's narrow view of the world - ultimately, he sees and understands very little. While it's an asset in combat, in the real world, it's very much a weakness. I also like the expansions on Sophia's character, especially her pretending she has someone to talk to.

This story begins fairly low-key, but the characterization brings a lot of intensity towards the end, without making it overdone. It's isn't sappy at all. I like that you don't promise them a "happily ever after" either.

Crit (I realize this is an older fic, but I hope you don't mind):

Some occasional awkward wording: "the Leingod's group was stronger than he"; "believe in superstitious beliefs"; "make the best of his time possible"; "though the race was far from over...Albel had found an anchor" - the imagery feels jumbled there.

At "That voice alone could drive him into madness", it feels like there's a very big shift. Albel's attracted to her, and he's admitting it very plainly to himself. It feels a bit sudden, like there should be a bit more struggle before he comes to that point.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
I'm not a great fan of this pairing, I admit, but I really - and I mean /really/ - liked the way this fic was written.
Randomboulder chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
This was... amazing. I'm getting nostalgic here. The Alphia obsession seems so long ago.

Well, I guess true love really does know no time. Especially when true love includes sentences like: "Give him a sword and he could cut you in two in under a second, but hand him a so-called “gun” and he’d probably just end up shooting himself in the foot."

I giggled like a little girl at the thought of that.

At one point you wrote "short of shit" and "needn't not", and I feel compelled to tell you this, even though it's totally irrelevant. Darn the law that reviews must be helpful! (In which case I'm lucky you made those mistakes, because I really can't point out any flaws in your writing. Really.)

Do you have any favorite novels that you can return to, and you feel all light and comfortable and in the right place when you read them? Your writing makes me feel that way. xD Rather sentimental and silly for fanficland, but it's true.

I kind of hope your obsession rekindles itself. Perhaps it's the springtime..? Anyway, love this.
Mimiru chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Aw! That's just like Albel. )
Kismet's Kiss chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I alway loved the alphia you wrote, i'm glad to see it back, you're writing is wondrous :)
Hypocritical Mindset chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I've always been a fan of Alphia, but hadn't been able to find any good ones; I think Sophia's voice actress scared them off.

Obviously your making this fanfic has made me extremely happy. It seemed a little rough, but I understand you haven't written these two in a while and sometimes Sohpia is just frickin' hard to write if you want to stay in character yet not seem too annoying.

Still, I really enjoyed this fanfic and the way you linked the two characters together, through a bond of isolation and lonliness. I enjoyed the bittersweet ending as well.

You're writing a lot right now, but if the Alphia muse ever strikes again, I encourage you to heed it. Seriously.

Thank you again! :D
jayanx chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Very nice, complex and interesting.
Millenium Ring chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Brilliant! Loved it! It's a nice idea about them both having something in common. I loved the different references to the characters you used, simply because Albel's POV is always fun to read -. If you write more then I can't wait! I've been dying for another Alphia to show up!