Reviews for Abeyance
ranchan-akari chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Aww! Haha, poor confused Shikamaru! I'm glad Kiba managed to clear things up for him!
Dimly chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Good story! I liked it a lot!
schweinsty chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Oh, late to comment, just had to say that I really liked this one :D. It's so rare to find a non-shippy fic in this fandom, and I love Shikamaru and Asuma interaction.

I really like how you showed interaction with more than one person; with Asuma, you can feel how much Asuma cares for and is proud of his student, and Shikamaru being very thoughtful and introspective, whereas with Kiba it's more of just talking between equals - just being kids in a weird situation. I really like the contrast there.

The only nitpick I have is that some of the phrases seemed a bit clunky: the first line, for example, sounds a bit much; maybe something more like "It's rare to see you so interested in something so important," would have sounded a bit less dictionary-like.

Overall, though, I really loved this fic - great introspection, and you really got the characters down well. Thanks so much for posting it!
Natersby chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
It was nice to read a fic with some interaction between Asuma and Shikamaru. Well written and a nice insight into Shikamaru. It's all very true to character, and it's cute how surprised he is that Asuma is protecting him. It also resolves nicely at the end. I only have two small negatives. I noticed a few minor spelling errors (piece and quiet rather than peace and quiet for example.) And also how they speak sometimes a little formal and comes off a tad unrealistic, for example when Kiba says "Whom did you fight then?"

I don't wish to put anyone off reading this though! The peace is well balanced; a subtle undercurrent humour keeps it from getting too heavy, and it's moving thematically. A worthy read. I hope there's more fanfics to come!
D the Stampede chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Thanks for the message, and of course it's going back into my favorites. It's quite the interesting look into the mind of probably my favorite character.
Pecanut chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Thanks for the message :) Of course I added this story to my favourites! I mean, it's so good. Shikamaru is so well described, and I can totally see this happening in the 'real' story and.. Well, the thing is that I really, REALLY like it! :)
tashicutz chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
thank you for the message, i really appreciated it. i really just loved this when i first read it and the funny thing is is that this was the first naruto fic i had ever read before. you converted me to naruto fics. :D