Reviews for Getting Biblical
Kardas the Destroyer chapter 5 . 12/25/2009
Interesting stuff. I've always had a theory that Gargoyles and Dragons are distantly related (sharing a common ancestor somewhere in the distant past at the very least), as they would be the only known vertebrates with six limbs (arms, legs, and wings).
Bil chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
Fascinating.

Your explanation of the "skiff language acquisition spell" fills a rather large plot hole very nicely.
Joshua chapter 1 . 10/7/2001
Interesting indeed. . .I often finding myself useing "Continuity guides" like this since I find it easyer than coming up with your own stuff on the fly (Pun intended). Very well thought out. Only mistake I see is that you noted that Gargoyles don't float well becuase of thier muscle structure and thier thick bones. The human ability to swim comes more from fatty tissue in the muscles adding bouyency. A chimp has vitualy no fatty tissue, and sinks like a rock in water, but is twive as strong as a human becuase of this muscle structure. A similar explanation for gargoyles might make more sence scintificly. An interesting fact about how gargoyles effected my work: you'll notice when I write a story from the first person, the Narrator's chracter is never named. I got this idea from the fact gargoyles have no names, as Hudson put it "When something is named, you give it limits" Characters can immerce themselves in a story better, when characters are left nameless since one has to remmber them by thier manerisms, not just thier labels. Try it! :P
Denigoddess2001 chapter 1 . 9/26/2001
Kimberly, I always enjoy your work. This is wonderful. While it ranks up there with Todd Jensen's work, I appreciate this one because it has some original tangents that haven't been considered until now. I wrote a piece like this a few months prior. I have one question for you: Are gargoyles reptilian to you or are they mammalian or a combination of the two? Anyway, good work! Please keep this story updated. I look forwarding to learning more.