Reviews for Refugees
Mats Forsen chapter 6 . 5/9/2011
Fantastic like your other Empire stories, I hope you'll continue this some day.
cutemara chapter 6 . 8/11/2010
Oh I love, love, love, love this! I really hope you will continue with it!
Verity Kindle chapter 6 . 7/15/2009
"A tall man with a head of striking dark-red hair strode toward them. He wore an impeccably cut tunic and narrow pants, and was as handsome in his way as Rafi Vandemar had been. Naturally, Bast disliked him on sight."

ROFL Go Bast! Gosh, I just love him- his sense of humor is so dry and...British. XD HE and Dhani make a ridiculously cute couple!
DJ Caligula chapter 6 . 7/11/2009
You are fond of the slow burn, aren't you? I keep wondering, when are they going to kiss? KISS HER ALREADY! :D

I definitely enjoyed this. Your writing is as evocative as Mary Stewart's- I loved reading your descriptions of Null. It was atmospheric without being overwritten. I loved your clever phrasings, esp. the line about Dhani's eyebrows "performing some complicated gymnastics." First Rafi, now Eustis- the poor girl doesn't have the best luck with men, does she? Will her heart be broken by Bast as well?

I hope your next chapter will be easier to write- I'm really looking forward to it!
Brazen Hussy chapter 6 . 7/11/2009
This is great - more please and soon
lydiaroseonwingsofsong chapter 6 . 7/11/2009
I'm glad that you updated so soon after I had gotten hooked on the story. I like where it's starting to go. Hope you can defeat that writer's block.
The Guardian Raven chapter 6 . 7/10/2009
Yay! An update! Well, if the writers block helped you work on other projects, I guess that's a good thing :)

Alderaan reminded me so much of Earth. So when they blew it up, it was heartbreaking. Not only that, the thought of all those people, animals and plants included, all those lives just snuffed out in seconds. And for what? Seriously...

Poor Dhani D: *hugs her*
lydiaroseonwingsofsong chapter 5 . 7/7/2009
Since I was in a Star Wars mood, I decided to try this story. I've read most of your other stories up here and knew it should be a good one, and I wasn't disappointed. Hope you can update it soon.
DJ Caligula chapter 5 . 5/13/2009
Bast is incredibly cute this chapter, what with his mussed hair, Imperial sleeping habits and barely concealed jealousy. I melted a bit when Dhani wanted to cuddle with him...aw!

The adventure bits are also quite exciting. I was biting my nails during the umbilical sequence, even though I knew nothing bad would happen to our hero and heroine. Kudos to you for another awesome chapter!
thefragile7393 chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
Not bad...I'm starting to get into it more though it's still very hard. Your writing is still awesome as always...I just wish I could care more about the characters and be sucked in like your previous stories.
Verity Kindle chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
That ferociously expressionless look had returned to Bast’s features. It was one she’d come to think of as his Imperial face. “Is there,” he asked, in a tone as neutral and yet as damning as the expression he wore, “any system in the galaxy that doesn’t contain one of your ex-boyfriends?”

HA! Somebody is je-he-he-ealous! fantastic
Krista chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
I actually laughed out loud at that last line. Oh, Bast. :-P

It's pretty clear you're having fun with this story! Oh, and so am I!

Thank you for the update - it'll be interesting to see what happens when they confront this ex-boyfriend!
The Guardian Raven chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
' “Is there,” he asked, in a tone as neutral and yet as damning as the expression he wore, “any system in the galaxy that doesn’t contain one of your ex-boyfriends?” '

Hahaha! I found that last line hilarious!

Anyway, that's fine. Life is the way it is. Oh dear, I haven't much to say except...great chapter!
pk chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
Love the last line :)
Spear-of-destiny chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
Oh, ha! Love the way this chapter ended.

Poor Bast. There is something so deliciously...cute...about the way you write him (and normally that's a word I tend to hate).

And I definitely got the warm fuzzies from Dhani wanting to snuggle up with him.

Thanks for the update - I can't wait to read more!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »