Reviews for Chuck vs Auld Lang Syne
thisisgreat chapter 7 . 3/24/2013
Hey! This was amazing! I loved the way you wrote this; I could imagine all of this happening with the actors in mind. You developed the characters so well, and I don't think I have ever read such good action in any other Chuck fanfiction! Congratulations on a job well done! It was amazing; please keep writing! :)
s-david-m chapter 9 . 12/5/2012
Excellent fic. Chuck went full circle from intrusting spy back to Sarah, and Sarah went full circle from woman back to spy. They're following the same steps, but they're never quite in sync.
Steampunk.Chuckster chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
This was an absolutely fantastic story and I am so so so glad that I found it! You're a great writer, and the attention to details and the way you weaved the plot-masterful! Every character was perfectly constructed. The dialogue was so them. You captured Chuck, Casey, and Sarah. And even Devon Ellie Morgan Anna. A lot of stories make Ellie exuberant to the point of silliness, but she wasn't in this...So wonderful. Can't wait to read more of your writing!
HecatonchiresLM chapter 9 . 9/26/2011
Great early season story. Just the right amount of comedy, charah, action and villain for the week.
astridv chapter 9 . 9/22/2010
Great read, I really enjoyed it!
Tynianrex chapter 9 . 7/5/2010
Great story great vintage Charah. Good work!
TheWriterPersonWhoWritesStuff chapter 9 . 6/13/2010
just read all of this story and am reviewing for the whole thing. awesome! :D just awesome! i enjoyed ur writing style and hope u continue writing stuff :D
jayley chapter 3 . 6/8/2010
u officially have me longing for christmas! it was nice to see them having fun. i loved all the traditions u gave them, and really without them it's just not christmas, so poor casey. i know this past year for me there was a huge blizzard christmas eve so we did zero traditions and it didn't feel like christmas at all! now i want christmas to come so i can buy everyone pajamas:) anyway, hope sarah mans up soon about chuck
Eternal Density chapter 9 . 5/12/2010
yep, enjoyed the story. on to the next...
squeegeebob chapter 9 . 2/18/2010
dang. awesome story :)
Baylink chapter 9 . 5/2/2009
You bet.

The bit with Sarah's file was well-nigh perfect. "Thank you", and no dragging it out. We, your audience, appreciate the compliment.

And the "TV commercial" bit was nice too.

I'm serious: I haven't even read your other stuff yet (clearly, this was a novel; it just took me 3 hours to get through it, and I'm a *fast* reader), and I think you should write a spec, and submit it.

That's my little Jedi mind trick, there... :-)

Thank you. It's gonna be a good hiatus. Get your footlong?
Baylink chapter 8 . 5/2/2009
Wooh! :-)

I've spotted a couple copy edits in the last 2 chapters, but nothing fatal.

So, *why* are you working for the show?
Baylink chapter 5 . 5/2/2009
Oh, look! A mission!

:-)

That's the trick to Chuck: a mission, and Everything Else.

Some writers forget one, some forget the other.

And, incidentally: "fanon" isn't theft; it's homage. I, personally, really get a kick out of it when more than one independent fanfic writer agrees on the same Big Event - or even Small Event - in the ficton; I think it's a nice touch.

en./wiki/Fanon_(fiction)#Nature_of_fictional_canons
Baylink chapter 3 . 5/2/2009
*Good* save. That's exactly the sort of spot where lesser authors (heh) fall off the bike in the sandy curve.
Baylink chapter 2 . 5/2/2009
Ha! "Good night, Casey."

I love it.

Where you were going with this is the hardest place any Chuck fic ever tries to go, and still remain believable.

But the fundamental problem - that each of them is hurting the other by trying to do the right thing - is that core of drama that makes the series work.

Alan Sepinwall's commenters about the finale review are mixed on whether letting them get together for real will kill the show... and while I don't necessarily think that resolving UST is generically fatal, I suspect it might be for Chuck, for precisely that reason...

Having a ball, so far; no notes. :-)