Reviews for Mercy Killing
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 8 . 12/5/2010
oh wow...You know...I decided to read this because it was the only other of your stories that was in a fandom I'm familiar with...and now I find myself wondering if it mightn't be worth familiarizing myself with new fandoms just to read more of your work...because you are simply brilliant. The descriptive writing...just wow.
bananafishies chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Aw! Poor Benjamin! *snuggles*
joethulhu chapter 8 . 4/19/2008
Okay, I'm ver yconfused about this, but let's see if I'm right:

Todd is a demon born in Barker while in prison, and Barker thinks he is another person. Todd kills, Barker doesn't, and now they are on Anthony's ship where Mark Ingestrie has been transformed into Inghram by your mind and the string of pearls somehow makes its way into this?
roberre chapter 8 . 3/29/2008
-is lazy and easily distracted-

The above statement is my reason for not replying before. xD

I very much enjoyed the conclusion of this story. How Todd and Benjamin still were seperate personas, but how the former didn't simply take over... Benjamin had to allow him.

Todd had no power but what Benjamin gave him, but once the first step was taken, the positions were very much reversed.

An interesting look into the mind of a broken man, for sure. I truly enjoyed it, especially the part where Benjamin realized that Todd was not quite as distinct from him as he had thought.

Excellent job. I must admit, I found it a LITTLE bit tedious at times in the middle, but that's just because Todd's such an intersting character that as wonderful as Inghram is, he's a bit pale in comparison. Good job, though. "
BrytLyte chapter 8 . 3/29/2008
I'll definitely be sad to see this fic end, I really enjoyed it, seeing how 'Sweeney Todd' came to be.

I like your idea of it. It's very realistic, if not, as you said, completely plausible.

Marzi chapter 8 . 3/26/2008
I have to say, Sweeney's little speech-? AWESOME

Any more 'fics in this area coming from you?
Winnywriter chapter 5 . 3/20/2008
Another great chapter! It's really believable how the guy gave him another story to tell if anyone asked. Very smart too.

Can't wait for the next!
Rini1986 chapter 4 . 3/19/2008
Oh, this story is incredible! I felt like I was there-poor poor Ben! You are a wonderful writer. I hope you continue to write this story, and write others. Such talent I want to savor...
saphirefox-irl chapter 4 . 3/19/2008
This story's really interesting and you write it well. Please continue it.
Winnywriter chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Wow...AMAZING! That's probably the best writing I've ever seen in a fanfic! Incredible work! And it's only the first chapter! On to the next! D
roberre chapter 3 . 3/18/2008
I like how Todd vanishes once Barker starts pulling it together a little more, but his voice is still there. Benjamin's still very much disjointed, and hasn't grasped that he IS Todd.

I also really like the idea that Todd is so cynical and harsh, even to himself. I mean, I can't imagine it any other way, but I guess I just never quite thought it through. It's neat how Benjamin's really telling himself to wrap in sailcloth, and drink, and wash, but he doesn't even realize it.

The part of his mind that's actually capable of thinking of those aspects has taken on another persona. "
roberre chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
I like the idea of a 'second man' helping. Is it Todd, born of Barker's pain and delusions? An interesting concept that he would truly be another man to Barker, personified rather than a concept.

It somehow makes him more... convincing. More deadly, I think.

In any case, it's very good so far. Your descriptions of Barker's situation are very gripping, I like the idea that he feels his skull is full of flies, and agony 'clawing' at his back is very powerful.

'Razor' sharp smiles are nice too. "
roberre chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
This is amazing so far. I love the very brutal depiction of the life of the convicts. It's extremely nice to see a bit of research having gone into a story, and it shows.

Excellent job. Top notch.
ghellie chapter 4 . 3/18/2008
Ten points for research :) And another five for a well written story. I liked the Sweeney Todd being an actual man bit alot.

Looking foward to more, Gbean
Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
Wow, this is good! Very well-written and vivid, with lots of grotesque detail. I love the description of the phantom Sweeney. So many fics focus on Sweeney after he returns to London, but I always figured the story of how he survived and escaped from Australia must be an interesting one.