Reviews for This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I Am Well Pleased
RemaSofiRuin chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I love the way you show Carlisle's debate over his own humanity and also his connection with Edward and his parents leading up to each of their deaths. Great job!
sassygirl156 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I had not read this before. It's such a beautifully written insight into the mind of Carlisle, and how Edward came to be. If you were ever so inclined, a second chapter that speaks to the later misgivings Carlisle had about changing Edward would fit well. I'm sure you'd do it justice!
k1942 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Quite simply the best depiction of Carlisle meeting the Masens, and the subsequent decision to change Edward to his eternal son. Very love background story!
MiQuerida 8142 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Oh my god. I remember reading this story years ago and I absolutely loved it. Here I am again surprised to stubble upon this story that I had forgotten about and crying none the less. I remember crying last time I read this too. It is absolutely incredible! So tortured yet unbelievably loving. You capture Carlisle and everyone else's characters perfectly. Great story :)
Alicia of the Temptation chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
This is beautiful, incredible. I'm not much for religion and I tend to forget Carlisle's religous upbringing. You not only allowed me to remember it, but you also showed him to have traits so human and so beautiful, it made me adore this passage and respect him more. Wonderful, excellent job.
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This is great. I love these glimpses of pre-Twilight and human Edward, and it was interesting getting to explore why Carlisle felt compelled to act on Elizabeth's wishes. Thanks for writing!
crazycats7 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
it is a very heart warming story. i really liked it
Emily J. Redbird chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Wow - this is so good! I think it's the best Twilight fanfic I've read to date! I love how you take historical and canonical facts and braid them in to your story to make it more realistic. I also think that Carlisle's relegiousness seems very believable, as he is only a few hundred years old, and he WAS raised by a pastor, after all.

I'll definitely have to check out your other stories; if they're half as good as this one, they're well worth my time!

Your new fan

Emily
Mell C chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
sad stuff. and hope, too, in the ending.
Mistycat chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
This is a beautifully written story and I was so pleased to read the notes that you added to the story. The influenza epidemic was was such a horrific time. It is nice to see someone take the time to include this type of information in a story. I was fascinated by Jewish-Syriac Christian information as well. I will have to look them up. Thank you for sharing this story.
xiolajane chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
That was so beautiful. Your story really fleshed out the reasons Carlisle chose Edward; I loved it.
my-thyme chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Be still my heart! I held my breath so often while reading this story. Well Done...
InkHeart17 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Fantastic! I'm dead tired and can't express myself well right now, but that was a really good take on Carlisle's decision to change Edward. One of the most in-depth and realistic scenarios I've encountered yet.
kbramley chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
this tale was written so many years ago but it is still just as powerfully riveting today. I've never read a more touching account of Carlisle and the reason he changed Edward.

EXCELLENT JOB!
becca chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
i loved this story. You stayed in with the story line and you an't really find stories like that anymore. So keep writing!
141 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »