Reviews for This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I Am Well Pleased
sandraj60 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Beautifully written and well appreciated.
Virginia May chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Awesome, loved all the research and thought that went with it. Thank you for sharing the story and historical trivia!
Self Confessed Muso chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Well done.
Sweetie7smiled chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Neat version of this story! :)
Deion chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This was very well written. You kept it accurate to SM but also the historical facts. I like that you did your own research and took liberties with the history and SM verison of what happened without changing the actual story.
paranoia'SPLASH chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
I love this story. It's so well written and stays true to both fact and S.M's fiction.
peskypiksie chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I very, very rarely review, mostly because I just don't have much to say (and I'm just the tiniest bit lazy), but I finished this story and wow, that was just... wow.

I was a little nervous after reading the AN about religious imagery as I'm not particularly fond of stories that are overly religious, but I adore Carlisle and so I was willing to take a chance. I am so glad that I did! I thought it was just perfect. Enough religion to get across the beliefs and mindset of the character without being "preachy". It actually kinda almost made me want to go to church for a bit there. :-)

I must also say that you did a wonderful job in setting the scene and giving an idea of what it may have been like in such a devastating time without being overly graphic or treating the reader like a particularly dense five-year-old. And the character depth and emotion... well, let's just say that at one point I was saying, "No, Edward and Elizabeth can't die. They have to live." Even though I knew going in what was going to happen.

So, bravo! This is an excellent story and well worth re-reading. I definitely plan to recommend it to my friends.
AbruptlyChagrined chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Wow...just wow. This is so incredibly, beautifully done and well-crafted. I like the things you added in, most especially this:

"My son, look on your father," she whispered, then turned to pierce Carlisle with that stare. "Father, look on your son." She closed her eyes then, worn out from the final effort, and spoke no more.

Incredible moment.
summer35 chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
So sad... I love it.
KristyRose chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
Wow, just amazing.
buriedalive55 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
I'm usually reluctant to read anything historical because I feel overwhelmed with the details. I even feel that they overshadow the plot and the characterization sometimes. I think you did a wonderful job with making this story true to it's time and adding in interesting historical details without letting it take over everything else going on. I'm glad I gave this a chance. Someone on the_gazebo said it was her favorite, so I decided to read. It made me understand Carlisle more. I never really understood how he seemed OK with being a vampire. "Sin was about will. Choice. Or so he'd always understood it. Adam and Eve had chosen to disobey. Carlisle hadn't been given a choice in becoming what he was. His choice now lay in how he lived the life he had. God was merciful, not unreasonable." That line resonated with me. It just made me see him differently and humanized him for me. I loved the way you describe Edward. With all the AH fic in this fandom, it's nice to be reminded of the Edward I originally liked so much. SMeyer provided some pretty amazing character outlines and I loved how you brought them to life. (I read this on your site btw, I just find reviewing here easier)
bookworm19065 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Cool story- very inresting and detailed!
Twinkle-star15 chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
That was beautiful. A wonderful, poignant insight into how Carlisle feels about vampirism as well as why he chose to save Edward.
wiaine chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This was a very moving story and well written. I read another of your stories, Cowboys and Indians, and I really enjoy your elegant writing style. Thank you for such a lovely glimpse of Carlisle's thoughts about Edward.
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Wow that was so sad, but beautifully written. I got a bit teary in parts. I knew so many people died from the spanish infuenza, but I didn't know the symptoms...That was dreadful, what an awful way to go. I can't believe how detailed & well researched your story was, I got the shivers at one point too. Thank you for sharing it with us :)
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »