Reviews for This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I Am Well Pleased
findthewill chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
This is beautiful. It's very intense to see Carlisle's growing attachment to Edward. Edward's character is so like Carlisle's that it felt right that this would be his son. I love his revelation that "He'd been praying for two days that God might intervene and save Edward. But perhaps God already had . . . by sending him Carlisle."
Thelittlehope chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Great story! I have always loved Carisle pov storys and I think this one is my favorite!
elizabethan chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This was a beautiful story. The interaction and dialogue between Carlisle, Elizabeth, and Edward provides a deeper understanding of why Carlisle agreed to save Edward. It makes sense that he could have met them at the church and experienced Edward's talent first hand.

I appreciated the bits about John Wesley. I was raised in the Methodist church and I have always found Wesley's story fascinating. Families of the Masens' social standing in that time period would have likely been Episcopal or Methodist, and you obviously considered this and researched it well.

I really enjoyed this.
gems13 chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
wonderfully written..good research and very heartfelt...

definitely one of the bests i have ever read over here
addisonj chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
wow. brilliant.
ByHookOrByCrook chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Aww, sweet. It was brilliant, obviously sad, but very, very good. It wasn't at all what I imagined when I read the books, (I could never imagine Edward with acne), but it was very well written all the same. I liked how you tied in actual history, and the notes at the end were interesting.

severinstir chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Beautifully written, extremely emotionally stirring, and pretty much one of the most noteworthy texts I've ever read online.

Whew.
nerdhawaii chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Another interesting addition to canon; I didn't realize I was interested in the backstory to Edward's turning before I began this, and I am glad that I did.
TheSingingGirl chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I found your story from a mention in another, and loved it.

The sheer detail you've added is spellbinding. Even down to the historical notes such as the different name for the 'flu, you've paid attention to everything you possibly could, and your effort is impressive. Your grasp of character, especially concerning Carlisle, is brilliant, and you're right in that the religious references can only add to the story; they are what the characters believe.

My favourite moment was Elizabeth's dying words: 'Father, look on your son.' That speaks volumes in a simple command.

In short, this is going on my favourites list.

TSG
AliceinAngst chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
I loved your tale of Carlisle and Edward. Amazingly done.
nise7465 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Awesome! I've been working on a piece of my own, and reading this has reinforced some of the things I thought might have happened. Your story sounded very factual as far as events that were happening at the time. I enjoy historical pieces like this. Thanks for the good read.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
This was really good!
siromygod chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Wow, absolutely amazing story. I really appreciate the work you put into this. Just a great oneshot all around. It has the flesh of a fully chaptered story, but concise enough to be done in a oneshot.
pinguinistika chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Wow, this was amazing.

Very well written.

Good job. )
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
What a beautiful story. I loved seeing though Carlisle's eyes, always so compassionate. I hope you continue this story.
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »