Reviews for This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I Am Well Pleased
Phantress chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
This was *really* amazing... I seriously think it is one of my favorite pieces from Twilight I have ever read. It's such an original concept... and so well thought out/researched! I adore Carlisle and so I was so glad to stumble across this.

I do have a small critique though. The use of the word "okay" and a few other fairly modern words/terms - also, "Mom" instead of "Mother" for Mrs. Masen - sort of brought me out of the story for a second, while I was reading it.

Other than that, I just loved this story so much and I can't wait to read more of your work in the future!
JulyPie chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Wow. You really worked hard on this didn't you? I admire that you tried to stay as acurate as possible and I feel you suceeded magnificently. I am very impressed. It was very very very good, and you really kept Carlisle in characer I thought. Wow. I am in awe of this story.
rothetwifan chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
THAT WAS A REALLY GOOD ANALOGY OF WHAT MADE CARLILSE CHANGE EDWARD. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TAKE ON WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED.
Alphie chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
This was very well done. I appreciate fan fic writers who actually do research and think things out before they start writing. And the writing as a whole was very intelligent. I could really feel Carlisle's anguise over the decision - which I have always felt was the truth for him. Very well done.
Cassie chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
I love this one. I love that you've done your research and I love the surprising ways you managed to stay true to canon and yet find an original twists to it. (Carlisle seing John Wesley preach, Edward's acne, the sheet issue, Carlisle's religious beliefs (the bit about the final trumpet was lovely) and most importantly your explanation what made Carlisle choose Edward of all people.)
EndlessSkies chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
one of the best stories i've read about dear edward

amazing
Kate the Kannibal chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
This is amazing. I love the insight. The voice fits him perfectly and Edward is in flawless character for his age and wisdom. I absolutely love it.
CrystalButterfly chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
This is a lovely version of Carlisle's changing of Edward. I love the fact that you really made Edward seem human - I've read some where he still seems like a vampire even though this is happening back before he was changed when he was still, in all reality, a boy. And thanks for the historical accuracy. I love your blip at the bottom about what really happened. I have to laugh at some people's 'earlier era' fanfics - they just don't get it. Some things we take for granted weren't around then and not everyone seems to grasp that. Anyway, thanks - that was a pleasure to read.

~CrystalButterfly
kscadden chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
WOW That was a really really good story. you portrayed Carlisle so well. you are very talented! keep up the good work.
Mateja chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Amazing story! So realistic and touching!
DarklingShift chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
*gasp* wow

this is one of the best pieces that I have ever read. Please continue to write stories this well.
midnightshadow69 chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
hey this is a good story will there be more?
garnius chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
that was an excellent story! It was extremely well researched and you portrayed Carlisle very well in my opinion. I really enjoyed the way you had him debating of whether or not it was right to change edward, reminded me a lot of edward's internal debate now with bella. like father, like son :) anyways, i loved your story! You have a gift! Keep writing!
ALF chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
That was a really good fic. I loved it. very realistic, lots of research, and you got Carlisle perfectly.
ShortLivedEclipse chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
I cannot belive no one has yet to review this story!

Purely AMAZING!