Reviews for The Greatest Trial
Mikee chapter 4 . 8/24/2014
Wow and OUCH.! That made me cry. Well done and sooooo very sad.
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 4 . 7/4/2014
What did you accomplish? Harry Potter is still dead.
Dragon Dagger chapter 5 . 5/30/2014
This was an interesting take on the "harry is sent to prison for murder" plot. I greatly enjoyed reading it.

If I might make a point about something you wrote in your bio. Just because Raymond E. Feist doesn't allow fanfiction of his work to be published on a web based media or any other for that matter, doesn't mean you can't write the fiction. Go on. Write the HP/Midkemia fic, see where it goes and enjoy it. Don't let a simple request such as not POSTING a fan fiction of a certain work get you down. I personally have several fully fledged fan fictions written out that will never see the light of the internet simply because of that factor, but I loved writing them adn enjoyed seeing where the ideas would take me.

I look forward to seeing where Alan goes in your next installment of "The Greatest Trial" Do look me up if you need a beta.

-Dragon Dagger
RykOakwine chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
well, that was pretty disapointing!

As a courtroom procedural (from Perry Mason to Boston Law) it fails completely. The retrial refuses to focus on the fact that Harrys guilt has to be proven, not his innocence. The burden of proof issue comes up ONCE and is never brought up again.

The witnesses arent adequately cross examined, especially dumblrdore, where the prosecution touches on serious issues with dumbledores behavior towards harry, but never drives it home.

the finale, the parlor room reveal, is grossly misplayed, with a mystery pensieve memory from harry showing up out of nowhere to explain everything. and it still doesnt explain why harry used such terribly weird phrases like "shes no longer your concern" instead of the 500 other things a person would have said there, like "okay bill, ill make sure fleur is okay and petigrew doesnt get away with this!". But, no, its all this terribly contrived crime scene...

Bleh, skip this, seriously. not recommemded.
MeinNameIstHase chapter 4 . 9/25/2013
So very sad. You made me cry.
221Bfandomlocked4 chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I couldn't help but read the line, "Prisoner 24601" in Javert's voice! I LOVE LES MIS! I can't wait to read more of this!
Bleu Tsuki chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
I admit, I was expecting something like a memory to make an appearance, but holy*** that was...great, in an odd sort of way. I love the intelligent dialogue and the entire story, though short, was simply spectacular. I hope there is a sequel, and I hope everyone PAYS and fells REMORSE. Yeah, but that's just me :)
Thank you so much for writing this!
Bleu Tsuki chapter 2 . 8/7/2013
Oh my word! The suspense is killing me! I love how you portray everyone as in character as possible. The story idea is truly creative.
Bleu Tsuki chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Wow. That was intense! I loved your writing style, but I'm just so excited to see what will happen next! Harry! Why, Harry! How could he die? It's all right though, this story is wonderfully interesting!
BT
Theblackbook chapter 5 . 7/8/2013
It was really good! Sad, intelligent and well-written.

But I hope you remove the last chapter either way, and change this story to complete. Even if a sequel(s) and/or seperate story is made, this should be considered closed. People often make sequels, but they make them as a continuation (if you want to), and I find this a good ending. The last chapter is just irritating, and I could not stop thinking about it through the whole 4th chapter.
BajaB chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
Interesting idea with a great twist at the end. I found the prosecution of the original trial was a bit lackluster and lacking in cleverness or subtly. They simply brute-forced their way, which is rather inelegant and didn't really fill the need of explaining how everyone came to so believe Harry was guilty.

But the ending was great. Well done.
Make war not love. war is fun chapter 5 . 5/23/2013
:'(
1529 chapter 5 . 4/13/2013
This could have been a very good story. The problem is that you abandoned much of the story without any explanation. Ginny is somehow not guilty by your terms due to a trick of her 'not caring' that he is guilty, she just wants him declared innocent. And her sleeping with Alan doesn't need explaining, Alan sleeping with Ginny however does, is he a hypocrite? Alan knows that a massive injustice was perpetrated and Ginny was a part of it (even if minor) and yet he feels no compunction at all about sleeping with her?

Like I said, this could have been a very good story (despite the H/G hints that I despise), but you failed to truly develop the story. The story seems to hop around with different people concentrating on one or another of the 'murders', and yet by the end the entire concentration is upon Bill's death. And the evidence against Harry killing Fleur and Tonks was no stronger than that against him killing Bill... the court declaring him not guilty of two and guilty of the other is extremely disingenuous as there seems to be no reason that was ever established for that decision... the court didn't subscribe to the thought that he didn't kill Fleur and Tonks and they obviously held him guilty until proven innocent... again.
demented fanfiction lover chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Greatest Harry Potter re-imagining that I have ever read. It kept me on the edge of my seat and made my cry. Thank you.
Jannafrancine chapter 2 . 3/14/2013
Great chapter. It's just another example of everyone turning on Harry when ever he's less then the perfect 'Gryffindor Golden Boy'.
177 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »