Reviews for The Greatest Trial
Theblackbook chapter 5 . 7/8/2013
It was really good! Sad, intelligent and well-written.

But I hope you remove the last chapter either way, and change this story to complete. Even if a sequel(s) and/or seperate story is made, this should be considered closed. People often make sequels, but they make them as a continuation (if you want to), and I find this a good ending. The last chapter is just irritating, and I could not stop thinking about it through the whole 4th chapter.
BajaB chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
Interesting idea with a great twist at the end. I found the prosecution of the original trial was a bit lackluster and lacking in cleverness or subtly. They simply brute-forced their way, which is rather inelegant and didn't really fill the need of explaining how everyone came to so believe Harry was guilty.

But the ending was great. Well done.
Make war not love. war is fun chapter 5 . 5/23/2013
:'(
1529 chapter 5 . 4/13/2013
This could have been a very good story. The problem is that you abandoned much of the story without any explanation. Ginny is somehow not guilty by your terms due to a trick of her 'not caring' that he is guilty, she just wants him declared innocent. And her sleeping with Alan doesn't need explaining, Alan sleeping with Ginny however does, is he a hypocrite? Alan knows that a massive injustice was perpetrated and Ginny was a part of it (even if minor) and yet he feels no compunction at all about sleeping with her?

Like I said, this could have been a very good story (despite the H/G hints that I despise), but you failed to truly develop the story. The story seems to hop around with different people concentrating on one or another of the 'murders', and yet by the end the entire concentration is upon Bill's death. And the evidence against Harry killing Fleur and Tonks was no stronger than that against him killing Bill... the court declaring him not guilty of two and guilty of the other is extremely disingenuous as there seems to be no reason that was ever established for that decision... the court didn't subscribe to the thought that he didn't kill Fleur and Tonks and they obviously held him guilty until proven innocent... again.
demented fanfiction lover chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Greatest Harry Potter re-imagining that I have ever read. It kept me on the edge of my seat and made my cry. Thank you.
Jannafrancine chapter 2 . 3/14/2013
Great chapter. It's just another example of everyone turning on Harry when ever he's less then the perfect 'Gryffindor Golden Boy'.
Jannafrancine chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Great start. I hope there is some way to bring Harry back.
A Brilliant Loser chapter 5 . 3/5/2013
This was interesting. I'm unsure if you're still writing (I hope so, because I like your style) but I hope to one day see its sequel.
med chapter 5 . 2/20/2013
I don't seem to come across well written stories about the political and cultural settings behind this world, so this was a rare find for me. The 'seemingly' executed makes part of me think that Harry is still somehow alive out there, but I don't pin much hope on it, this is a tragic and heartfelt story without him coming back like a non-easter Jesus. I would love to read the sequel, find out what's going to happen, especially with points 2 and 3 but can't find it on your page, so I assume it may or may not ever come to light. Thanks for sharing.
Poet Wroet chapter 4 . 1/12/2013
There are a few stories that just "fit", I usually call them dances. I can't call this one a dance, because it wasn't beautiful. It was rough, and ugly, and it made me shudder. It was a tale, but not a fairytale. And its roughness and ugliness and harsness made it.. fit, somehow. It's not complete, and stories without a happy ending rarely are. But it's one of my favorites. I won't forget this story for a very long time.
Midnight Venom chapter 4 . 1/4/2013
Hey! (: I wrote an epilogue, just for fun. I'll post it here. Not posting it anywhere else, I promise. I just didn't find one, and wanted to write something so I could feel a conclusion. Thanks for the AMAZING read!

Harry's last words echoed through the courtroom - no one noticing when the now former-Minister left the room. Each and every person in the room was in shock, as Harry's words finally suck in.

They had condemned an innocent man to Azkaban for fifteen years, betrayed him without a thought, and then subjected him to a fate worse than death - the Dementor's Kiss.

Ginny Weasley had tears falling down her face once more, because even though she had seen the memory just last night, she realized she could've seen it a thousand times and cried each and every time.

Arthur and Molly Weasley suddenly realized how much they had failed their adopted, black-haired seventh son. The mother of the redheads wept harder than she ever had before - and even Arthur had tears streaming. In fact, there were no dry eyes in that courtroom today.

Ron Weasley's body was wracking with grief, suddenly realizing that fifteen years ago, he was infact still young - still very naive, and he had viciously attacked his best friend, and believed him capable of murdering his brother, and the two women - one he had just finished protecting. He had done all of this, hating his best friend, because he was jealous, and irrational. Harry's killing curse had indeed killed his older brother, Bill Weasley, but no one had ever given Harry the chance to say that his wand hadn't been in Bill's direction, that it was the actions of another that truly caused the demise of his older brother.

Hermione Weasley, formly Granger was sobbing into her husband's chest. She was supposed to be the brightest witch of her age, she thought bitterly. Yet, she hadn't realized that Harry always blamed himself for the deaths that happened around him - his parents' deaths, Cedric's death, Sirius' death... well, she had realized. She had realized much too late, however... much too late for Harry Potter.

Remus Lupin was broken - he felt worse pain than he had felt even over Nymphadora Tonk's death, because this... this was somehow much worth. He had loved Harry as a nephew, but he definitely didn't deserve to be called Harry's uncle, by no means. He had been in so much pain over his fiance's death, he had immediately thought Harry was guilty. He hadn't asked for details, he hadn't done anything... and his beloved Harry, James' and Lily's son... Sirius' godson... he had suffered for it.

Albus Dumbledore had never felt so much guilt. He realized the wise words of the former Minister - it had been his sway, his political power that had caused so many people to turn, when they realized he believed Harry to be guilty... Albus Dumbledore suddenly realized that he had never done a single thing right by Harry Potter. He hadn't pushed Lily and James to leave the country, and Harry was orphaned. He gave Harry to Lily's sister, Petunia, and hadn't a thought to check up on him, causing him to live a tortured life for ten years, and every summer until he was imprisoned. Every single year the boy had been at Hogwarts, he had almost died. Albus Dumbledore finally realized just how much he had failed - worse, than even how much he had failed where Tom Riddle was concerned, and that young boy had turned into Lord Voldemort. No... he had failed Harry, whom he dearly loved, much... much more.

Amelia Bones was stricken. She had believed the Ministry to be fair... she had worked there for many years, and yes, she had realized it was not perfect... but this.. a mere memory could've proved the boy's innocence. And, a mere memory did prove his innocence - fifteen years too late. She had been one of the original judges, and right now, she was thanking the former Minister for believing in someone almost everyone else had victimized. Harry Potter was their savior, and looking back on everything the Ministry, and everyone else, had done to the boy... she was firm in her belief that the Wizarding World did not deserve to be saved - and, certainly not by Harry Potter.

Reporters were horrified - they were the very same that had written slander, apparently false slander, against the boy just years before, and throughout the entire fifteen years of his incarceration. And, yet, each of them were writing now, taking in the whole trial, determined to get the real story out - the story of Harry Potter's innocence; how wronged he had been by everyone. It seemed Harry would only get a good story written about him after death.

Harry Potter had been cut off at the stand - his friends had betrayed him, believed him to be guilty. Minister Fudge knew just when to cut him off, too, and he was not allowed to explain what exactly happened to Bill Weasley, and that was his only regret. He was shipped off to Azkaban, where he suffered for fifteen years - reliving his parents screaming in his head, reliving his abuse, reliving almost dying several times... He even relived the trial, his loved ones spitting out venomous words that cut him so emotionally, it left him gasping. However, the worst memory, even worse than his parents dying; his mother begging for his life... was the moment that his killing curse, meant for Peter Pettigrew, had killed Bill Weasley, one of his brothers in all but blood.

Harry suffered for fifteen years, and then got to listen to his loved ones spit out that same torment to him all over again - the last words he heard from them were all vicious, and hateful. His last happy memory, before he swam into darkness; into death, was the realization that he was finally free.

And, Harry Potter died.
Midnight Venom chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
I'm sad that there is not an actual sequel... I'm also rather sad that I didn't get to see more of the courtroom's reactions... but that's only because this was sooo utterly amazing... 3 I loved it.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 5 . 11/18/2012
Do you ever plan to write/ post those sequel(s) to this story? It's great, and I do have questions I want to see answered.

I'd love to see more of Alan, he seems like a fascinating and strong character. And I REALLY want to know more about how the Balance thing the Guards talked about in the end of the story actually works out...

Well written. Great read.
SessyFuchs chapter 5 . 11/9/2012
Hi
I just read this story and I must admit that I'm absolutley curious about the promised sequels. What are the names of them? I want to read more about what happened the night Bill was killed and who belived Harry to be innocent.

Greetings
Dodecan
Wolfjackle chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
Wow, this is really well written. Depressing as hell, but very well done. I really feel like Magical Britain was so screwed up that it would take something like this to shake it into shape, as awful as that is. Great job on the story, and thanks for writing!
168 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »