Reviews for The Greatest Trial
XxblondehermionexX chapter 5 . 4/12/2010
I really enjoyed this story, especially with the bittersweet ending. But alas, no sequel?
vampiremuggle chapter 4 . 3/30/2010
ok so I just checked your page. Will you ever write the sequal(s)? If you aren't can you at least post a summary of what happens? And your summary for this story says "After Harry Potter is seemingly executed..." SEEMINGLY - does that mean he is not actually dead?

Vampiremuggle

vampiremuggle at gmail dot com
vampiremuggle chapter 5 . 3/30/2010
oh my god. this story is so-o-o-o good! And the characterizations you did are amazing! I love this story - it is amazing!

Vampiremuggle

vampiremuggle at gmail dot com
fishertowers chapter 5 . 3/28/2010
Wow, this was a powerful depiction of the feebleness of humanity. Your writing is magnificent. Keep up the good work.

FT
loretta537 chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
this was a great story, i hope that you will write the sequel soon
mythic77 chapter 4 . 3/14/2010
It's not often a story actually is original and moves me. You accomplished both. I have to admit I couldn't quite hold back ALL of the tears. I am, after all, supposed to be a guy, which means that I have the emotional range of a teaspoon, right? I am not exagerating when I say that over the last few years I've read over 2500 shorter HP stories and at least 700-800, and probably over a 1,0 over 50,0 words. I own a bookstore and have plenty of time to read! I must admit that I do read fast. Good job, good story, great premise, and a great character creation in Alan Witschild.
Pandora's Crate chapter 5 . 3/5/2010
Wow. I really hope to see that sequel sometime soon...
Dragons redemption chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
wow, really want to read the sequel, it was a very powerful story and i can see it actually happening in the hp fandom cause of how corrupt that world is.
Valheru1988 chapter 5 . 1/13/2010
ok, great short story, just got one question... are there any sequels to this, just doing an overview of your other stories it doesn;t look like you are posting any sequels, though some of those other stories look interesting and I'll read a few of em now.
lounger chapter 3 . 12/14/2009
good
anniepFF chapter 4 . 10/7/2009
At first glance the premise behind your story seemed like a ridiculous nightmare—how could such a farce of a trial put someone on death row? How could no one (not even Hermione?) not see the holes in the prosecution’s case until 15 years later? Thinking back to Sirius’ lack of due process and Harry’s joke of a trial in OotP until Dumbledore intervened, however, it’s easy to see that your story is simply an extension of the pathetic legal system put forth in the books. It is truely amazing that the wizarding community, especially the muggle-borns who have seen another system, would allow such travesties of justice to continue. Hopefully Alan’s efforts would be the earthquake of change. I enjoyed your story, even though it was probably the saddest of the doomedHarry stories I’ve read.
ARedHair chapter 5 . 8/27/2009
This is great. Sad, but a good story.

I'm surprised by your A/N of comments that the story was unresolved. I thought the speculation with Hagrid that someone could have come and killed the stunned Fleur and Tonks provided that.

There is a clear parallel with Dumbledore and others' acceptance of Sirius' guilt and Harry's. With Harry there was a trial, but no benefit of the doubt. A lesson only half learned.

Your explanation of Dumbledore's willingness to condemn Harry fairly well. Not perfectly, but well. The prophesy does indicate only Harry can kill the Dark Lord and from Book 5 we assume that Dumbledore believes that is still active. That's the only real loose thread I spotted.

If Dumbledore believed Harry was a Horcrux, I'm surprised he didn't press to have him executed immediately to destroy the Horcrux - but that's outside the scope of your story.
DeliaDee chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
I have been waiting for many months for your promised sequel to this amazing story. Please say that it is coming soon or, at least, that it is coming and you haven't given up the idea. This story deserves to be continued to completion (and Harry deserves it as well).
Magic Crystal Rose chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
Very unique and interesting take on the whole "Harry-is-wrongly-condemned-to-Azkaban" idea. I'm l ooking forward to the sequel.
Naramyon chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
*crying* Oh god... This is heartbreaking. You did wonderfully.

There was one thing you never explained though. Why was Alan so convinced that Harry was innocent? He hadn't seen the memory until the night before the virdict...

*tearful smile* I guess it doesn't really matter. HE saw a problem with the court systems, HE saw the unfair trail and lack of defense, HE believed... and found himself with the truth of what happened.

Jimmy and Billy. I like them.

They know that at that point, even if Alan had arrived in time to save Harry from the Dementor's Kiss, his life was over. He lost his mind to gult, grief, and betrayal; there was no recovering from that.

But as to what Jimmy and Billy ment... Harry DID kill Bill, so he was gulty. That wasn't the issue.

The problem was that all the people Harry Potter cared for, whom he loved and trusted, didn't bother to find the TRUE story.

They were soo willing to condemn a CHILD... That is what Jimmy and Billy ment, right? What YOU ment?

They abadoned a young man when he needed them most, and after fifteen years of incarceration and eventual exacution, they learned the whole truth. They will spend the rest of their lives gulting over the boy they had wronged, agoniziong over their lack of faith. And not only will they condemn themselves, others will as well.

*dries tears* You. Are. Amazing.

I hope I got the message/story you were trying to say. If I missed something, please feel free to point it out.

...But damn are you good at this. I've only just stoped crying. I

Loved this. This is definately my new favorite heart-ripper.

Arigato, Zoa Naramyon