Reviews for Sound of Pulling Heaven Down
Pyroclastic flow chapter 20 . 3/29
I read this fic months a go and I enjoyed it a lot, I do enjoy the interplay between Nia's want for the greater good as she sees it, and Simon's 'fuck the greater good, there is no greater good than you.'
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 3/13
Great chapter and plot
I forget that ff's comments are the most retarded in all the internet. Half the reviews are nothing but interjections and non sequiturs, and the other half at least make an attempt to say something about the writing, but mostly offer mindless, neutral praise without adding the contents of the chapter.

I don't have a problem with the long update times; that's what the subscribe feature is for. I did have a problem with this returning chapter, which should be given some slack because it feels that it was a prelude to some payoff arc later on.

Up to now, most of the chapters each had contributed strongly to the extra-canon lore you helped shape, the penultimate so far as quiet time and training before the big battle. The majority of this final chapter, however, was spent ruminating on previous plot details and spelling them out for the returning reader. The sentiment is noble but unfortunately coddling, as this effectively halted the story momentum.

The most egregious reason for complaint here is the large dialogue dump which takes the form of an argument of wills. We aren't told anything more about our leading couple's thoughts and motivations than we have been told the first nineteen chapters already. A clear exception being the observation that Simon never cried.

I love this work. It takes the simple, interesting premise introduced in the final battle of the show of what happens if Simon needed to literally take on the universe, and the havoc that would ensue among his crew and within himself. This story solidified my love of Dark Nia (x Simon) and a surprising breakthrough favorite in Boota who ironically acts and thinks the most humanly out of the entire cast.

I enjoyed the progressive build-up to Nia's freedom through Simon's seduction, the tragedy effected by Simon's doubts and failures, and the strong relationship building between the main and extended characters. But we've gone on long enough edging to climax without release. There's enough build-up at this point in the story; we need something to happen to show for it.

It's been over one year since the last update, but we're all patiently waiting for you.
ffnovice7 chapter 3 . 2/4
One science note (I'm not even going to appease the insecure by appending a "nerdy" to it): unless they reentered into an atmosphere, right after warping from the sun the ship should still be overheating at the same temperature as they left. If they're not cooling by air or water, they would need significant internal cooling systems to actively stabilize temperatures; they shouldn't be out of trouble right away after the warp.

It might sound pedantic, but it's like hearing sound or seeing aerodynamics in space; it tends to break suspension of disbelief.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/15/2015
You, good sir/madam, are one of the most talented writers I have laid eyes upon! Have you considered a career in writing?
Houndini chapter 20 . 9/25/2015
REALLY hope Simon and Nia live
Guest chapter 7 . 7/17/2015
ALL THE CHAPTERS I READ SO FAR ARE AWESOMEEEE!
TheBleachDoctor chapter 20 . 6/3/2015
Holy crap. This story is amazing. I don't care if it takes years till completion, I'm sold.
Although, no5 having to wait years would be great too.
DigitalStrider chapter 20 . 3/26/2015
You do not know how glad I am to see that this story is back. Ok, well, maybe you do, seeing as I just said it.

I was on something of a break from the site for the last several years, but I can't believe I stopped reading this thriller altogether. I figured I'd come back and get myself back up to speed, especially since the finale aired on Toonami this past weekend.

Simon's depression and insecurities, the plight of Nia and her fellow Messengers, the dysfunction and disarray Team Dai-Gurren has fallen into, those flashes of who Simon and Nia were meant to be regardless of if their meeting ultimately turns out to have been a decade too late, even the blissful ignorance of the terribly unnerving Kumpus... It's been every bit as captivating a read as it was the first time, and the moral dilemma presented to Simon and Nia in this chapter, on the eve of what will be their biggest challenge yet, is no different.

I eagerly await the continuing (mis)adventures of Simon, Nia, and the rest of the Dai-Gurren Brigade.
Kamufakito chapter 14 . 3/17/2015
Aughhh! So perfect! The detail! The OOCs! ;v; you're making me fall in love with Gurran Lagann all over again!
ICHeart chapter 20 . 2/25/2015
Good Story
Guest chapter 6 . 2/22/2015
A really incredible story. I started reading it again after stopping a while ago, I can hardly believe you're still updating. Thank you for keeping this alive, I hope you continue to be inspired
Detinc chapter 20 . 2/19/2015
I first read this fanfiction a few months ago, and I forgot to follow it. I recently watched Gurren Lagann again, and I remembered this story. When I saw that you recently updated, I was really excited.

I hope what ever crap is happening in real life won't be much of an obstacle in updating the next chapters soon!

"If you're a wall in my way, I'll just drill a hole in you and blow you up!" -Simon the Digger
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 20 . 2/16/2015
That was a great chapter, I'm really glad that your story is back and walking to the conclusion. I have to admit that I usually dislike "look at me, I'm so freaking edgy characters" and there is no denying that Simon is like that here; again, this is a darker take on TTGL, and I have no complains on that (as I kind of said in my early reviews); however, I can still understand Simon's reasoning, he lost a lot, if he lost Nia, then...I guess it'd be 'game over' for the universe, however, that discussion of them still hurt. Keep going, I hope to see following chapters.
MissDoeEyes chapter 1 . 2/14/2015
Hands down one of the best stories I've read on this site! Can't wait for the new chapter. ;)