Reviews for Her Job

hey :D

i really liked it :D

thanks for writing it
Bar-Ohki chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Poor girl, having to put up with him.
thisacchasbeenabandoned chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Ah, I like this story...! I LOVE YOU HIRUMA~!

Oh well, this is an excellent story. I like it, and I like it very much! Hope you write more! :)
SpaceNugget11 chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
ah!

*insert excessive squealing here*

I'm sorry, but that was just so good!

awesome job with this!
Jusan chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
awsome, the writer should consider to put this on the manga if it wasnt to late
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Perfect.

There's no way this can only have five reviews so far.

That is utterly inexcusable.

This is in-fucking-credible.

You should post this at the HiruMamo LJ every couple of weeks or so to remind us that you have won this pairing.

I've been all over The Internets (there's no reason for that to be plural, of course, but there's no reason for me to steal silly string from the supermarket and pass it out exclusively to Obnoxious Minors, either -ah, my irrefutable logic) for a couple of weeks now (having only just recently discovered and marathoned reading the manga) trying to hound out the best HiruMamo stories, and having found (to my pleasant surprise) so very many of them in such a short period of time has been exhilarating. I'm thrilled that so many people are writing this pairing, and I'm ecstatic that people are doing it so well.

That being said, this fic stands out above all of them. Without a doubt.

You are IN MAMORI'S HEAD.

And that's part of what makes this so brilliant. She's an important, necessary character in the manga, to be sure, but she really only fulfills bit parts; there's so much there about her personality that we have to infer, simply because she's so often in the background. We aren't very often privy to what she's thinking, we see only superficial details about who she is when she isn't with the team, and there's so much unspoken interaction between her and Hiruma that it's RIDICULOUS.

And the seamless way you shift from her POV to Hiruma's...tiny little moments of "fuckitty-fuck-fuck" pertaining to his arm, his frustrations (with her, with the situation, with other demons of a less physical nature), etc. Fucking wonderful. (I don't usually so liberally throw out the 'f' word, but I've found it's virtually a necessity when Hiruma is involved).

AGH! And the dialogue! SHEEZAMOOSE ON A CHEESEWHEEL. (That may have been a bit of an overreaction, but not by much.)

But seriously.

This is precisely how they would have spoken to each other; the repartee is so very in character that it's frightening. Everything from his endearmeants (heh, 'endearments' -not), to the way she protests even though she knows it's futile, even though she knows that she knows she's going to let him go, even though she knows that this is what support means to Ze Deveel, down even to the punctuation that determines inflection, emotion, emphasis -it's all spot-on. Kick-ass.

And the way they analyze each other, anticipate one another, the way they dance around the main subject and what it could mean...goodness.

AND!

Of COURSE I enjoyed the hand-to-face and his almost-but-not-quite-reaction to it, the way he filed that (as well as her hands-in-pants-adventure -HOT) away for later, compartmentalizing like I imagine he does better than anyone else in the entire world.

And when he lets her in, just for a moment, just a little, matter-of-factly as he's ever done anything, with just one little statement (in which everyone keeps their "fucking" titles -except her), I was waving and pointing at the screen going "YES." (And that's just about the time my roommate lobbed a potato at the back of my head.)

I can't believe you kept this hidden from me for so long.

*ahem*

(This is officially the longest review ever.)

(I think I win the 'Most Parenthetical Nonsense' Award, as well.)

I love your head.

Ees genioos head.

The end.

_

ag
SADChan chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Whoa. That was cool. Hiruma was so close to his original character that I really enjoyed it. I kinda wanted a little more fluff, so I'm sorry I didn't read your first version.
shalei chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Very good :) I liked this and the original version. Great job :)
Bishieluver01 chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
You're right about this; the revised version is better. You can get a better sense of what's going on. :) Great job on it again!
Hy Fructose chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I liked the other one better. I loved the idea of Mamori overpowering Hiruma. This one is good, but it's kind of blah. Though I really am more for the dramatic type. Hmm... But I love how the realtion between Mamori and Hiruma in this one better because she's noticing all these small details. And then Marco is brought in...

Whatever! I like them both in different lighting, fair enough.
nerviouza chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Of course this is as good as the original one... I mean the revisions are good, well I liked the part where Mamori hold on his wrist for a little longer, it almost moved me... this gesture never failed to hit me... (hehehe I have a weak spot for this) having a moment of silence and a gesture like this is enough for me... actions speaks louder than words they always say...n_n