Reviews for The Seer
KeleosNoOnna chapter 31 . 11/3/2009
YAY NEW CHAPTER!

So very interesting! I wonder what'll happen to poor Fai HE IS SO LONELY MY POOR BABY! *gives him a Kurogane plushie*

Aw, Watanuki's innocence makes me smile _

And great dialog as usual dear!
Azamiko chapter 31 . 11/3/2009
*snicker* They're very comfortable with one another...
Paon chapter 31 . 11/3/2009
I am so happy that you updated. This has made my day. I am surprised by the evidence presented with Jason, but then I havent watched tsubasa chronicles yet so that would not have been my first guess. I am assuming that you have already switched the 3rd anchor to Shizuka, right? I guess I should not be surprised that Watanuki is going to the market. it makes sense.

Loved the ending with how you described what Watanuki is wearing.

I eagerly await your next update.
Pheonix Eternia chapter 31 . 11/3/2009
How Watanuki can live on a ship, in such close conditions with other men and women, and not /get/ some of the jokes... :D His ignorance is hilarious. If he ever figures out what they mean, he'll kill them. Or refuse to cook. Same result.
KitsuneFun chapter 31 . 11/3/2009
I am really enjoying your story and eagerly await the next chapter
Meriarijim chapter 30 . 10/29/2009
Oh dear, I am enjoying this story so. It's long and well written and just really rather fabulous. Yes, it takes a while for romance to show, but that's not the real point of this story, is it? Still makes me happy to see the hints, but in the mean time, there are spirit walks and mystery and... yes. I adore this fic and cannot wait for more. Go go you!
Valerie Blakewell chapter 30 . 10/16/2009
M, this is an amazing story! I love the arcs you've come up with. The african one was definitely the best! Evil princes are so interesting, and I love the way you redeemed his brother in the end. This last arc was cool too, because you brought the ceremony into it, however indirectly. I love Doumeki's attitude, you really captured him from the manga. I love Watanuki all around. He's so cute! I agree with Doumeki about when he gets mad, it is hilarious. Yes, Doumeki is being paid to be a stalker, I never really thought about that... I also like Syaoran's appearances, he rocks. Poor Jason and his history. It's all so complicated, isn't it? Maa, I can't wait until the next chapter is out!
AddictedToReading chapter 30 . 10/15/2009
I really love your work. everything is just so intruging. It also has a nice xHolic feel to it. Except "the Seer" is brighter. Please update soon.
CaDor chapter 30 . 10/14/2009
Hi. I just got around to reading the entirety of the chapter, so I’ll only review now. Also, I’ve come late on this manga, just finished reading all chapters last week. And almost immediately I’ve turned to fanfiction.

Okay, so let me start with the review.

For one thing, I really have to compliment you with the length your story took. As I said I’ve just recently been into this domain of fanfic, but I already noticed that most stories on xholic are either one shots or compilations of one-shots. Too few venture into novel-lengths. Most are even content with vignettes. So I really have to admire that you took the story this far. If there’s one thing that I respect most about fanfic writers, it’s their perseverance and commitment to their projects. It is so easy to just abandon writing, especially easy because you are not liable to anyone, and that you make no profit and you even get flamed on the process (I should know, I used to write fanfics myself, and sometimes fret about reading each review, expecting a blow to the self-esteem). And when authors abandon, it’s fans who get the frustration. So first and foremost in this spiel of mine is my appreciation of you as a person. Thank you.

And now, to the review proper. Let me review the story as a whole, it would be too long to comment scene by scene (although this is what I really like to do, since there are scenes that I especially like, not because of the plot, but because of your clever writing style). But for brevity’s sake, I’ll just review the story itself.

I really like the plot. It is rather fun to see the elements of the manga and brought to another setting. It stretched my imagination of the manga and added more possibilities and circumstances that further enriched my daydreams (I love to dream about mangas, nutty yeah). It is amazing to suddenly read another possibility of the story, and makes you think just how far you can take the basic elements of the story to weave something grander and deeper. The manga itself is very confined when it comes to the storyline, the setting, and the characters and their history. It is rather rigid and lonely. Thinking back, they just live in town- the main setting is the school, the shrine, Yuuko’s house and the occasional roads and establishments. The characters are so few as well. So it is rather nice to see authors expand on those things and create epics of their own, introduce new faces, give characters their own histories, and make them embark on a real adventure. I always have passion for the seas (I watched the animated movie Sinbad, like 5 times, and don’t even ask me about Pirates of the Caribbean) so I find your story a little too exciting.

The characters are also impossible not to love (except for the villains, of course, who are impossible not to hate). But at the same time you do not content yourself with creating polarities of characters. You love making your readers uneasy about your characters. Sometimes you make them so well that we identify with them, but oftentimes you make us doubt them, make us feel like there are things we ought to know, painted them gray in our eyes. You keep us on our toes about them. And I think that is a good thing. It gives the story some depth and complexities. In the end it’s not a simple question of who is good or bad, but instilling interest in the character and history of each individual. Plus pulling this off requires some good writing skills. So I’m impressed.

I also like to comment how you made the story less about the romance but more on the adventure plot. I can imagine it might have taken a lot of restrain to not just take the easy way out and let them smooch and be done with it. Especially since this is (in my observation) the bulk of this fanfic genre. One-shots of romance and fluff. Instead you have to proceed slowly and frustratingly, showing little scenes here and there, implying things but not outrightly stating. You’re teasing us. And that was fun, although exasperatingly so. But really, I’d like to see smooching. Can you hurry it along? :)

Finally, I have to comment about your demand for reviews. I can understand this very well. As fanfic writers, you really do need some form of connection with the audience. You’re not getting paid, so this is the least we could do in terms of appreciation. More than that, a regular feedback motivates. It makes you think you are pleasing a specific audience in mind, rather than writing for a faceless mass. I used to write fanfics, and back then, I feel like I have someone to please when I write everytime I received a good review. And sometimes, you also make friends. I made a few. Although it is my regret to lose them after I decided I have to quit writing.

Sadly, I have to say I am rather guilty of not leaving reviews. But it’s not because I do not like the story, but it’s because I do not want half-assed and half-done reviews. When I do one, I always try to be thorough. So it’s really laziness and not having enough time to write one. I hate one-liners anyway. My reviews always have to be paragraphs. I make up for the quantity with quantity. Hope that’s fair.

Oh, looky! I’m near a thousand words! I guess I have to wrap it up.

Looking forward to more chapters from you. And soon! And really really soon! Haha, but no pressure. Take your sweet time, I have other fics to keep me occupied. But don’t take too long.

Thanks again.

CaDor
Micadene chapter 17 . 10/3/2009
You do ask for reviews,but I don‘t see much wrong in in the community where I usually am,everyone is too shy to do ,I think every zero-profit author would want his/her story to be reviewed,because it's encouragement and what people think of what you write,et cetera,and asking for reviews like you do can be 're just more straightforward and to tell you the truth,I wish it wasn't so necessary for US to be so reticent.-Conogl
Conogl chapter 16 . 10/3/2009
…Having got this far,I am positively ,what could Amko want,judging from his tone?Only one thing i can think of,but…better keep them to myself(because it‘s obvious what I’m thinking…).
Micadene chapter 14 . 10/2/2009
I'm coming to feed them…

CONSPIRACY!I didn‘t like that guy either.
Micadene chapter 13 . 10/2/2009
So Watanuki's cooking skills have finally been included in the storyGreat!

And their conversation is simply too cute
Micadene chapter 12 . 10/2/2009
41-kun a perfectionist…It suits him.
Micadene chapter 11 . 10/2/2009
Sorry to hear about your bad luck…

I really like the way you write,everything is so subtle,but you can sense that it‘s there…
972 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »