Reviews for Smoked Glass
HaseoHiwatari89 chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Absolutely beautiful.
Lady Saru chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
This is gorgeous! I am a Roots fan, and this just makes me fall in love with it more. It's beautifully tragic, and I can really identify with Haseo. Poor Shino! She's one of my favorite characters... But anyway, I also love the way you presented this, in the little captured moments, each moving and convincing. Great work, all around.
Akumarayne chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
This was pretty good. I really liked it, and the sad part at the end made me go 'aw'
Kaj-Nrig chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
While reading this, I instantly thought of World of Warcraft and the over-obsessed gamers on there. Which wasn't your intent, I'm sure, but still... someone who spends that much time on an online RPG...

But I digress.

Though I had no idea when this took place (I tried getting into the .Hack fandom, but it failed), it didn't stop me from enjoying this story. It works very well, especially for a thousand-word story.

I'd have something more substantial, but I don't have enough of a grasp on the .Hack series to give anything like that.

Good job.
guide to an uprising chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I'm not really a fan of Shino and Haseo's relationship, but I was absolutely in love with this. Your repetition and writing style fit the bid perfectly, and I was very impressed with the overall presentation of the fic. Fantastic job, and although this is a bit rare for me, into the favorite's it goes.
Steeple333 chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
It still irritates me to no end that I've watched all of /ROOTS except the episode with the Forest of Pain in the Ass. ( Possibly the one after, too, I'm not sure. Grr.

I really liked this fic. _ The formulaic approach is very fitting of a drabble oneshot, and you captured the different emotions he had at those different times.

Of course, it's funny to think that after the pain of the last segment, Gaspard's gonna bump in to him. xD
AC2 chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Very good. Not familiar with the fandom at all, but the transition from confidence to despair is nicely rendered. :D
Silva-kun chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I think that the story was ok. You covered about how Haseo goes from being depressed to how he gets enraged and yells at everyone he sees. The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that you gave away the series ending. Some people haven't played G.U. or seen all of roots so I didn't like that. Otherwise it was well written and I thouroughly enjoyed myself.
Onigiri Momoko chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
That is very interesting~

I've never actually seen or read .hack, but I've heard some basic things about it.. I can sort of relate though, MMORPGs are like that :P

For "he was now: that didn’t matter at all!" it might've been better if instead of ":", you used "-" instead.

All in all, I really liked the parallelism and the repetitions~ It was a really nice touch

Congrats on finishing the challenge!
Rowena DeVandal chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Oh...this is good! I'm at least a teeny bit familiar with this fandom, since I played a good sized chunk of the "Infection" game (before my daughter broke up with the guy who owned the game and he took it back). Thanks for taking the challenge!