Reviews for Peace, by its Battles Told
mngrue chapter 7 . 1/4/2013
This was definitely a trip into the bizarre, but I really enjoyed it. I can tell it's been years since you've written this, but I'd love to see something else by you in this vain.
spnMom chapter 7 . 9/17/2008
Great Story. I like the idea of John being more comfortable with grotesque physical injuries than potentially minor viral ones. Taking Sam to the ER so quickly was a smart (and lucky) move. Thanks, loved it!
sammygirl1963 chapter 7 . 6/17/2008
Fantastic ending to a wonderful story! It's a shame tho that John had to take off and leave Dean to try and explain things to Sammy-to make things better.
Trish62 chapter 7 . 6/17/2008
Just noticed this story, and wanted to let you know I enjoyed it. Well done!
jenilee chapter 7 . 6/16/2008
I loved them burying a time capsule, that was just such a Sam thing to do and the fact that Dean let him bury his shirt..awe Dean is an awesome big brother. I was laughing right along with Dean when Sam was telling him where he got the oath from...lol! Awe Sam, gotta love him.

It is very sad that John thought he had to be that person to win his battles. The boys couldn't have him as a father but he at least let the boys have each other.

Really loved this story and wonderful ending. I will keep my eyes open for more from you. Especially if there is a chance Sam's memories return to torture him...lol.
carocali chapter 7 . 6/16/2008
Just found your story again; sorry for not reviewing!

You really have quite a way with words and your descriptions are just beautiful. I loved Sam's journey through the different parts of John's childhood, finally realizing who he was looking at. Great similarities as they grew up. I also really liked that you made John the younger brother.

I hope you keep going with your stories!

:D

Caroline
cavetrollgrl chapter 6 . 6/6/2008
Neat way for Sam to see things from his fathers POV as John grew up with his father and brother. Now John can not worry so much knowing Sam's problem is allergies and not something worse.
Roscolux chapter 6 . 6/6/2008
I don't know if I have reviewed this story before and at the moment I'm too lazy to check. I really enjoying this story though. I really like your writing style. I also like your use of the Emily Dickinson poem.
Thorny Hedge chapter 6 . 6/6/2008
It's... different. I'm looking forward to see how it plays out.
jenilee chapter 6 . 6/5/2008
Wow. That kind of blew me away. I've been wondering though the whole chapter why Sam was present for these visions and unable to interact. Thinking maybe he was given this to see so he could help them but I wasn't expecting it to turn out that way. Very well done.

The way you wrote the journey through Sam's visions gave them a surreal feel. I really just loved all the visuals in this chapter. I would normally pick out a few of my favourites but there is just too many in here I love and needless to say but I'd pretty much have to paste the whole thing. Very beautifully written.
Poaetpainter chapter 6 . 6/5/2008
...awesome
cavetrollgrl chapter 5 . 5/31/2008
nice abgsty chapt with a bit of fun thrown in. please keep it coming
MDarKspIrIt chapter 5 . 5/31/2008
You're asking if that was a cliffie? It sure was... OMG Now I can't wait to know what will happen next and what illness Sam has... Update soon plzz...
sendintheclowns chapter 5 . 5/31/2008
You made Sam blue...that's my favorite color on him! One minute Sam is bitching and the next he's twitching.

'He needed Sam to be okay. It was no secret that he lived for his brother. Either both of them survived or neither.'

Aw. This goes back to Dean's self esteem problems. Although I agree Sam needs to survive...so you can continue to put him through the wringer.
jenilee chapter 5 . 5/31/2008
Oh yay! I've been trying to find this story since like chapter two! And crap I had to go and find it on the biggest cliffie in the whole thing!

Really great story. I've really enjoyed it. You have some really nice visuals at the beginning of this chapter.

I love how you've written the boys and John. The mystery illness has me quite intrigued. This time I am favouriting it so I don't lose it again.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »