Reviews for Orchestrating the Silence
I think it works. I love that you focused on the emotional aspect of their relationship rather than the physical but this is mild enough and argumentative enough to add to the story instead of take away from it.
Michel chapter 1 . 8/14
I absolutely loved every word of this and I appreciate you sharing it with us.
Fundindar chapter 6 . 7/28
FYI, the propane tanks on barbecues have a safety valve that only opens when it's connected to the nozzle (of the barbecue, etc). Therefore Asuka wouldn't have been able to do that. Willing suspension of disbelief applies in this situation though, I guess.

...I would know, I'm Australian...
Garmmermibe01 chapter 16 . 4/16
Oh man, I saw first read this story a while ago just before I made an account and started working on my own fic back in July. And, I have to say, this is just an absolutely stunning piece. I love every bit of it. I couldn't ask for anything more than this. It's just so magnificent and I feel like it captures them so nicely. Honestly one of my favorites right here.
fanficobsessed15 chapter 16 . 3/12
Even if my feedback is about.. err.. 8 years too late, I just wanted to let you know, that I've enjoyed reading this fic. There was some clashing of headcanons, but you've somehow beautifully captured the messed-up-ness of these teens. The only issue I have, is that Shinji seemed a bit too smart for a kid, but then again, who knows how instrumentality has influenced him. Also, the story wouldn't work as well as it did, as the survival aspect would be too prominent. I think.
Yeah. I liked it. Including this chapter. Though thats what I see it as, a chapter, not an ending. To me, an ending would be something like their kids running around and asking questions. Or someone else coming around and seeing their relationship. You know, something different. Though that's probably just me wanting more. :)
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 16 . 11/30/2016
That's super adorable and a wonderful ending to this.

I only hope that the fact that neither of them have shaved in months will become apparent before they go any further, lol.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 13 . 11/30/2016
"Do you really think you're going to land someone better-inflated than me?"

The proper response would've been:

"We're in Japan, if I can't find a store with hentai manga, fleshlights and Dakimakuras, I give up."
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 11 . 11/30/2016
"A brief electronic crackle pierces the silence, followed by a tinny female voice. "You're an idiot. Over."

And then the apocalypse suddenly becomes Firewatch, lol.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 9 . 11/30/2016
"Are there like... three Asukas running around now, or what?"
LCL magic? So, maybe, lol.
Of course, they'd probably end up killing each other when they see their own faults reflected back, so it'd be back to one pretty soon.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 4 . 11/30/2016
"Oh, don't say it, you idiot. Don't say it."

I would carefully take about 5 steps back.

and then be like "Women drivers, am I right?" just to watch her explode.
DeltaMLP chapter 16 . 10/3/2016
I went into this expecting smut, instead I got character growth and a cute romance. Good job writing this!
Tjxlol chapter 16 . 9/6/2016
Great story and I loved the very slow build up, definitely felt more natural
Fanfiction.exe chapter 14 . 4/29/2016
Like the story, but you have to admit its main themes are extremely masoginistic.
WTGaff chapter 16 . 4/12/2016
Sweet, grounded, and true to character. I especially loved it when Asuka ran amok. After everything they've been through, this is the only sort of happy ending I could really accept for these two. Would absolutely read again.
redhoodstories12 chapter 16 . 10/4/2015
Bravo! As I am watching the visuals unfold in my head, it's like watching an apocalyptic-Indy-art film movie. I was finding the slow-paced build quite pleasing. The characters remained true but slowly growing, and giving way overtime, still however maintaining the hedgehog dilemma; and simply just not throwing themselves at each other unbelievably. Asuka destroying the town was the most enjoyable read and I'm glad they did have a moment to themselves. It would be exactly how I pictured someone her archetype would spend if civilization disappeared. I also like to thank you for adding the final chapter - unlike Anno, it was a very generous closure. Great read!