Reviews for Orchestrating the Silence
Crusada de Lata chapter 16 . 11/19/2020
Fucking Beautiful ending right there, always worth a read and Great Job OP, you bat it out of the park.
Griever130 chapter 16 . 9/14/2020
I read this back in 2010 and completely forgot it existed. I'm glad I found it again. Its so good and the worst that can be said of it is that I wished it was longer.
Sliced Parmesan chapter 16 . 8/31/2020
This was pretty fucking solid, loved it.
Brool Story Co chapter 16 . 5/21/2020
This was great. Loved the epilogue. Thank you!
Shokeros chapter 16 . 4/10/2020
What a fucking good story, i loved it.
Igra Iggie chapter 16 . 4/4/2020
The story is well done, at the same time the minuses in it are really clear to me actually, it's like really deliberate kinds, all about characterisation.
One is about how characters act so mature, reserved and smart, mostly in conversations, when they are teenagers with tonns of social issues, and that happens not on occasion but constantly. Like, nobody is thaaat good. Teens are more like emotive bombs, they set off and are selfish and aren't quite good at expressing themselves while keeping cool. TBH they both here seemed to get older and grow more socially developed by a dozen years in instrumentality somehow.
Other one is about traumatic experiences and overcoming of traumas. Yep, it seems even more deliberate at that. Well, I won't say there is no trauma at all what gets overcame, but damn, psychological issues aren't even addressed! Shinji genocided the world (and for them two the empty world stays as a constant reminder), got Asuka killed in most gruesomely way ever for his sulking, and for it he just tenses a bit once or twice during mostly pleasant conversations. Doesn't feel immense, unbearable guilt, doesn't have obsession with trying to redeem himself in any way, and really he is kinda alright living on his own, just gets lonely and bored at worst. With Asuka, I think she's got to be the most sad person on the planet, but she's fine on her own, somehow, she doesn't need comfort _desperately_ after she lost everything she valued most and didn't see a reason to live.
Because I'm invested in these things a lot it sounds really bad. But the thing is, the solid style and calmness, the lack of dramatism overall, the way characters act so different from usual, more objective to the past events (yes, in some way these were a good thing), made it pretty fresh and enjoyable to me anyway. It's like writing doesn't diminish these traimas themselves, it just doesn't give sufficient compensation to make me believe characters really overcame this all. Basically these two sound like real people, they develop like those, but it's much easier if you don't think too seriously of them as Asuka and Shinji.
Mb I kinda like the story because the premise is so promising and complex, what you inside know early on you won't quite get it from this story. But the way, the direction it goes with is consistent with itself, at least.
damaged7 chapter 16 . 11/21/2019
This story is really well done. It really draws you in and pulls you deep into the minds of the characters at a nice languid pace. Thanks for sharing.
Trainkrazy chapter 16 . 7/11/2019
Loved every minute of this story! Very calm even in the post apocalyptic setting, but was really enjoyable! :)
Guest chapter 16 . 3/29/2019
Nice fan fic! Of all NGE fic types post 3rd impact shinjixasukas are my favorite, because it allows the author to just focus on shinji and asukas relationship no eva, nerv, or rei. Probably could of rated this fic T nothing really stood out that struck me as M rated material. The epilog was necessary because it gave me the waff that I need so badly survive.
Guest chapter 16 . 1/14/2019
It was a good story but it needed some lemon
linkjames24 chapter 16 . 12/26/2018
You made a story pertaining two characters only and made it last seventy-six thousand words. Wow, I am amazed.
BigSkeez0195 chapter 16 . 11/15/2018
Im late to the party but what a beautifully written story. If only tales like these could be longer. I will agree that the epilogue did add a bit more closure. We're all glad for a bit of WAFF
swartzvald chapter 14 . 11/9/2018
Wouldn't solar panels be better than a generator? No need for fuel.
fredih chapter 16 . 10/2/2018
What a great story. I really liked the different POVs, how you described the two's emotions, etc. Just a really, really good story overall. 10/10.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/17/2018