Reviews for Orchestrating the Silence
Mr. J chapter 16 . 6/25
Garbage. Shinji dumbass fans just can't accept that no girl wants nothing to do whit that loser. And they can't accept the fact he is gay too.
xTHExMINDxINSTRUMENTx chapter 13 . 4/15
This story...
The way you describe the post third impact world is perfect
And i love how you manage to make their everyday mundane task interesting
I listened to radio head ''silence' and it just gave me so much emotion When i read this
Its hard to put feelings into words but
Its like this desolate world. Despite its bleakness is a resolution to evangelion
even in the end there is hope mingled with despair in this world you've made. Its a sort of weird peacefull end. Both of the characters know exactly where they stand now. And the way their task now i just to simply live and make the best of things
I wish you would continue to write sir
Because you are good at it
John Spangler chapter 1 . 1/16
This is surely one of the best post Third Impact stories I've ever seen. Well written, with a dark atmosphere and Shinji and Asuka...I love them! Thank you for having written this story.
XluckinekolivesX chapter 16 . 12/11/2014
Have making your fic into an radio drama or fan comic?
Because this story has lot of potential!
hojosatoko chapter 16 . 12/1/2014
This thing would be the third non-harry-potter fan fiction I have ever read, but otherwise I've read a lot. So far, have ones I've dropped, ones I've read and glad they over, ones I've added into favorites and ones I've reviewed. That one is, obviously one of them :)

It was very nice to read, and I've got new musical piece I've never heard before to listen.
Dear author, please write more. :D
marioabel.pena chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
Finished reading 1-16 the same day. I had a lot of fun with this one, and the epilogue was great! I appreciate your work. Take care!
marioabel.pena chapter 16 . 11/10/2014
Good stuff! :)
Coldwire chapter 16 . 3/15/2014
The epilogue is gold. This is one of the best stories I've ever read, thanks for writing this. I've read it many times and it doesn't get old for me. It comes to mind now that we never knew if people will actually come back in the end, but as it turns out, we, the readers, don't care, and neither do Asuka and Shinji. Thanks again.
Burn2Cinderz chapter 16 . 1/15/2014
I enjoyed reading through this. It felt in character and has a pretty sweet ending. I can't help but wonder though how much time did pass even if that shouldn't really matter.
deathbringer374 chapter 16 . 11/21/2013
Thanks for the ride, it's been awsome, all 200 times I've read it haha. Your story's really inspirational, so thank you for giving us EVA lovers a proper closure. Cheers
Cassie chapter 16 . 10/23/2013
I think this chapter made the story a hundred times better. I loved the whole thing,, but especially this. In the beginning I was starting to wonder if they were just going to hate each other the whole time so it's crazy how much they grew while not even getting out of character. You also made the most mundane of activities really interesting, and painted pictures so well with your words. I loved it. And it cheers up my heart regarding the actual ending of Evangelion, too, since I just finished the series and was a bit dismayed at my otp's ending.
Whitakker chapter 16 . 10/19/2013
I really dig this story. Wonderful look into the minds of those two, all the good and bad. I really respect your decision to stick to the more emotional side of a relationship: other authors would have caved and written in more physical romance, but good for you for sticking to your guns.
SaltyJak chapter 16 . 8/31/2013
This is very well written as you describe the situation the characters are in quite well being that they are likely to be the last living humans around. To be honest it's also a very depressing thought but the fact that you wrote it in such a way to get this type of an emotional response from the reader shows your writing skills so well done and thanks for uploading this.
Stratomeister chapter 16 . 8/6/2013
It's been a while since I've spent the whole day reading a fanfic, too long I think, but you have managed to break the drought, and for that I thank you.

Where to begin, let's start in chronological order. The intro was disjunct and jarring to read, and personally I think that it captured the essence of Third Impact and Instrumentality perfectly. The short sentences and insight into Asuka's mind opened the door for the psychological aspect of this story, and paved the way for what was to come. Although we are talking bout Evangelion here so some manner of mind-fuckery has to be expected by now.

Shinji, while not what I expected of him following the Third Impact, was well portrayed and I was glad to see that he had finally learned from his mistakes, and had changed and grown as well. If I could criticize any aspect of the story at all it would be that Shinji's change in personality is very abrupt, but in the end I would sweep that off to the side and claim it as a direct result of his experience during Instrumentality.

Asuka was everything that I could have wanted from her character. She emerged from Instrumentality, not as the person that we know from the series, but as a worn reminder of who she once was. She was visibly weak and broken, initially unwilling to admit anything of the sort, but gradually came to accept aid, companionship, and love.

While you are right in the fact that this is a 70k M rated fanfic with very little physical intimacy, the psychological intimacy which Shinji and Asuka share is what the story aimed to achieve, and the goal was reached. While I am a very strong believer that physical intimacy is an integral part of every romantic relationship, and thus every story that I would conceive, I am not one to say that it is absolutely necessary in order for a romantic relationship to exist. You showed how two people could come to love each other without the need of graphic sex or anything of the sort. But needless to say I was very happy with the epilogue when the two of them finally did get to it, but that's just how I am.

Despite how much I loved the story when Shinji and Asuka did reconcile and made out and were nice and physical, the point where I believe the story earns much of it's merit is the narrative section during which the two are separated. I can't remember the last time I've seen a romantic story in which the was such a long period of time with essentially no dialogue. Normally I wouldn't think it could work, but you not only managed it, you made it the way to set this story apart and make it stand out among the others.

Excellent work on the story, and in conclusion, I have only one thing to say.

Congratulations!
Olli.Peh chapter 16 . 7/22/2013
Wow! Great story!
Very well written, great character development and just wow. :)

Ah, and as I thought, you're making money with your writing. Have to take a look at your book and this Oedipus-Shinji-Rei-Story you've written.