Reviews for Orchestrating the Silence
Perseus46 chapter 1 . 5/15
Pretty sure you are gone of FF by now but I have to say this story is absolutely stunning, would highly recommend to anyone that looks for some EoE backlash closure. I would be very happy if you ever decided to come back and write more, best of luck in life.
ddwm91 chapter 16 . 3/14
I just wanted to thank you for your work on all of your chapters on this site.

I know I'm late to the party, but I do not care.
It was super sweet and befitting of the characters, I think.

I truly hope that you are happy, safe and sound.
Because everyone deserves Happiness, fictional or real. And you made that happen for them.

And me.

So, again, thank you!
wyatt2996 chapter 16 . 12/23/2017
Loved this "finale" of NGE/EoE. just binge watched (again, seems like i do this twice a year or so) the entire eva series, including the reboots, and at the end of EoE it left me wanting more. longing for closure and resolution. wanting something uplifting after the massive wave of depression and psychological abuse that is the entire eva series. your work provided that. i found myself however wanting to see it farther. awesome work! absolutely loved reading it!
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 16 . 12/19/2017
I liked the epilogue.

Thanks for writing this. Given it was eight years ago you may not even see this review but I thought it was amazing. I wish someone else had returned but it would have just diluted the plot so best not too.

It’s so rare to find a story as skilfully written as this. It was wonderful. It was honestly hard to put down. I found your take on the scene between Asuka and Shinji during third impact interesting.

Anyway good luck with your prose writing. I hope you’re successful, you have the talent to pull it off.

Also I was directed here by an author Panther2G. If you still read stories from this website his story AdviceTrust is rather good.
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 3 . 12/18/2017
I’m glad that when Rei/Lilith was reconstituting Shinji from LCL she decided to grow him a back bone.
arcaneghost24 chapter 16 . 12/3/2017
Definitely sappy, so I can see how some people may not like it. I for one, however, am glad you made it so. While Chapter 15 did have a pleasant resolution, this epilogue expands on Asuka and Shinji's relationship and how it is progressing, maintaining the personality complexes that each character possesses. I mentioned in my previous review that you were very skillful in executing this fanfic as a whole with regards to maintaining their personalities, and this epilogue is no exception to that: I feel that both readers that have a distaste for cute/sappy love and readers that thirst for it will be satisfied by this epilogue, since you took a nice moderate gray between the black and white. Excellent work again, your work really has strengthened the Evageek inside of me, and I want to thank you again for you work.
And best of luck with all your future works as well!
-Arcane
arcaneghost24 chapter 15 . 12/3/2017
2017 reader here. Having finished NGE and EoE I was definitely left thirsty for more of my favorite Anime couple, and you definitely have provided it.

You not only captured the personalities of these two tormented souls perfectly, but you executed their continued character development VERY well. In particular, to note what you wrote in your author's note at the end, I'm ecstatic that you had purpose behind keeping physical intimacy (beyond cuddling/spooning) absent between the two. As much as I love these two characters and can fantasize whatever I please about them, you wrote a love story that is VERY much attuned to the personality complexes of Asuka and Shinji. You created a very realistic progression of their feelings for each other, and for that I am very thankful. I will certainly return to this fanfic for future reads; you've tugged all the heartstrings of this reader. I wish you the best with all your future endeavors! 3
-Arcane
Guest chapter 16 . 8/15/2017
I think it works. I love that you focused on the emotional aspect of their relationship rather than the physical but this is mild enough and argumentative enough to add to the story instead of take away from it.
Michel chapter 1 . 8/14/2017
I absolutely loved every word of this and I appreciate you sharing it with us.
Fundindar chapter 6 . 7/28/2017
FYI, the propane tanks on barbecues have a safety valve that only opens when it's connected to the nozzle (of the barbecue, etc). Therefore Asuka wouldn't have been able to do that. Willing suspension of disbelief applies in this situation though, I guess.

...I would know, I'm Australian...
Garmmermibe01 chapter 16 . 4/16/2017
Oh man, I saw first read this story a while ago just before I made an account and started working on my own fic back in July. And, I have to say, this is just an absolutely stunning piece. I love every bit of it. I couldn't ask for anything more than this. It's just so magnificent and I feel like it captures them so nicely. Honestly one of my favorites right here.
fanficobsessed15 chapter 16 . 3/12/2017
Even if my feedback is about.. err.. 8 years too late, I just wanted to let you know, that I've enjoyed reading this fic. There was some clashing of headcanons, but you've somehow beautifully captured the messed-up-ness of these teens. The only issue I have, is that Shinji seemed a bit too smart for a kid, but then again, who knows how instrumentality has influenced him. Also, the story wouldn't work as well as it did, as the survival aspect would be too prominent. I think.
Yeah. I liked it. Including this chapter. Though thats what I see it as, a chapter, not an ending. To me, an ending would be something like their kids running around and asking questions. Or someone else coming around and seeing their relationship. You know, something different. Though that's probably just me wanting more. :)
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 16 . 11/30/2016
That's super adorable and a wonderful ending to this.

I only hope that the fact that neither of them have shaved in months will become apparent before they go any further, lol.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 13 . 11/30/2016
"Do you really think you're going to land someone better-inflated than me?"

The proper response would've been:

"We're in Japan, if I can't find a store with hentai manga, fleshlights and Dakimakuras, I give up."
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 11 . 11/30/2016
"A brief electronic crackle pierces the silence, followed by a tinny female voice. "You're an idiot. Over."

And then the apocalypse suddenly becomes Firewatch, lol.