Reviews for Lucky Thirteen
cravingforcrave chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
It'soooo emotional :) LOVE IT!
Serenity Jade Carrington chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Amazing story!

I absolutely loved it.
AliBlack chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This is really just unflinchingly, unforgivingly, unabashedly written. It wasn't tailored to be 'pretty' or 'sweet.' It was painful and raw. It's a very masterful mixture of the frustration and numbness that comes with loss, and the half-unintelligible juxtaposition of tiny beautiful moments in memory and the blinding pain of them being so unbearably close but unattainable. It's those tiny moments that we turn over endlessly. His hands around the coffee mug. The way his hair falls. Those are the unbearably real moments we turn over as we deal with loss. And it's captured so well.

I truly admire the commitment to characterization - that you didn't make L a sweet, overtly loving and compassionate lover. He's in character, through and through to the very last. It was not a perfect love; it was not endless times of happiness. It was real - a real life kind of love with all its imperfections and moments of frustration and pain.

Bravo.
mimime chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
T_T so sad
SheWhoWalksInShadows chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I CRIED. it's as simple as that. Reading your story made me feel sad and empty. There are many L/OC stories out there yet this is one of the few were L is really in character and the romance still makes sense. That is a difficult thing to achieve and you deserve high praise for accomplishing it.

Thank you.

(...L is dead. -_- I kind of hate you for that. It's like it happens again and again everytime I read this. Life is cruel...)
WhiteLadyDragon chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Dude...I can't even begin to tell you how deeply this one-shot affected me. L x OC is one of my favorite pairings-if done well-and this was a masterful example of a well-done L x OC fic, however. The whole thing was weird and bitter and tragic-as anything with L is bound to be-but it was still sweet, not to mention believeable.

If you ever feel like writing more stories about L-like maybe how he and Rabo met or something-please do. But it's okay, if you don't. This will more than suffice. :)
ButterflyRogue chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
This was by far one of the best written stories I've read in a while! I really don't know why it doesn't have more reviews...

You actually made me feel the pain and devastation a person would feel upon finding out her loved one was dead. The quantity of emotion in this story was gripping and so real. You've managed to express the sadness and tragedy of L's death as well as incorporate the dynamics of his relationship with Rabo - the good times they had together no matter how unorthodox and weird their relationship might have been. I loved your interpretation of their relationship and I agree it's by far the most believable kind of an romantic relationship L would ever be able to have.

Thank you for such an amazing piece of work. It was an absolute pleasure reading it.
Weirdo-Lover chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
This, my friend, is very well writen and well thought out. It made me sad, of course, I even get upset sometimes that "L" had to go. BUt it ws for the best. THANKS FOR THE AWESOME STORY!

YOU DID GREAT!
SheWhoIsLost chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Saddest and best one-shot I've ever read!
anihana chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
wow! what an amazing story! i was holding my breath and didn't even realize it until i got to the end.