Reviews for Tears
Pimpernel Princess chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
The angst was very well-portrayed: not too over the top. You really captured her depair and long-suffering. Well done.

May the muse be with you,

PP
FebruarySong chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
NO WAY! -throws confetti of joy-

Okay, um... that probably wasn't what you were expecting in the beginning of a review on this piece.

Honestly though, I was so excited when I saw this on your profile, I choked on my bite of food. Who writes about Helm Hammerhand's daughter? Seriously? I mean, this is brilliance here, Kiwi. You are a bona fide genius. First Denethor, and then this. I applaud you. :)

The fic itself is really quite effective. I felt myself very drawn into it and I loved the structure of how she didn't cry until the very end, when Fréaláf comforts her. And I like the repititions of "I remember when". It sets up the drama and emotion very nicely. One niggle I had is that almost all of the paragraphs are two lines long... which, if that's what you're going for, great. Otherwise, it kinda wearies the eyes. I'm not exactly sure how you could fix that, or if it would even need fixing. It was just a thought I had. Anyway, absolutely LOVELY job. I voted on your poll, by the way. :)
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
I absolutely loved this for its focus on obscure characters and believable writing. I've added it to both my favorites and my C2.
Kitt Otter chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Very poignant and wonderful first person! It is smooth the way her memories flow. That she had, or thought she had loved Wulf makes it so terribly heart-retching. This angsty story is a good representative of its genre.

I thought the summary was gripping.

-Kitt
Fili chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Hey! This is awesome, extremely original in every possible way! Wonderful wonderful wonderful. And did I say original? I love it!

-Fili
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Since I've already said before how much I liked this, I won't say it again. But really, it quite good.

~Cal