Reviews for A Good, Honest Girl
Stella221 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
It's such a sad, sad ending, and I think very well be the real ending of the story. What rings true is the question: What promises DID Christine make to Erik that she ever kept? In the end, Erik's friend was the only one to care about him, by buying the ring and bringing him peace so he could depart happy. The Persian's hope that Christine would keep her promise is the hope that she would care enough to fulfill Erik's last request, but his instinct told him that that would probably not be the case. It's a sad but realistic ending.
BleedingHeartConservative chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
I just want to say that this is spectacular. I have absolutely no doubt this is how the ring got onto poor old Erik's finger at the end, because I've long doubted Christine would return. You've done a beautiful job of portraying the friendship-or the would be friendship, the one sided friendship-of the honorable Persian to Erik.
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Beautiful. Simply beautiful, and just so heartbreaking. I loved it. Poor Erik. He never seems to have anything go right for him, but at least he died happily, if in a lie. Good job.
Avernestar chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Ah, tear my heart out, why don't you! This was very well written and so so sad. I can't allow myself to believe that this could have happened! It is realistic, but no! Christine would have kept her promise...

At the very least, Erik did have a true friend in the Daroga.

Great one-shot!

~ Avernestar
Clearlysane chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
This story was wonderful! It was so sad, and the ending, and Erik's unknowingness of the truth...-sobs- I was afraid from the beginning that Christine wasn't going to come, but the ending was just so FORLORN. Great characterization of both Erik and the Daroga. One line that was very good was: "What promise did she ever make to you and keep?" I suddenly realized how true that was, that all of Christine's promises were broken. And that was sad as well. Great story!
Madhatter45 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O! POOR ERIK! THAT'S SO SAD!...AND YET I LOVE THIS STORY SO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O MUCH! *Cries a river while putting this in her favorites*
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Whaa... how terribly sad. Beautifully written, of course, but sad. ( Excellent work. Poor Erik.

warm regards,

dark-hearted rose
michellemabelle chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
that was beautiful! heartbreaking but beautiful. i'm glad that he couldn't open his eyes so that he could at least believe it was christine, one moment of peace at least.
user789685445978 chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Yay! I'm so glad that you decided to go with this ending instead of the former; I think that it fits the story's tone a lot better, and I hope that you like it more too. It's very sad, but believably so, and doesn't feel at all forced. Poor Erik!