Reviews for Courage, My Love
Gamine Madcap chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Wow. That was absolutely wonderful. Fantastic character development piece. I love how it shows the human side of Mrs. Lovett-I mean, who wouldn't have a moment of doubt when it comes to chopping up bodies? Keep up the great work!
Siren Calling chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
That was charming! (In a malevolent, sinister way)

Wonderful job, I felt Mrs. Lovett was in character! ) It made me happy that they weren't outta character... gahh... that bothers me SO MUCH!

~~Lady of the Mirror~~
niki-chan2 chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
I really love the way you have Mrs. Lovett struggle with cutting up Pirelli. I love her reluctance to go through with her own idea. And having Sweeney grab her hand and help her retrieve the cleaver was a great touch.
Shyaway chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Really like this - it's very plausible as a missing scene. Favourite parts are:

'But she just didn’t seem to have the iron nerve she was so sure hid under her ruffled skirts.' Like the contrast in the imagery here, and how she's just not a very good judge of character ... even her own. :-)

'hot, sticky words that trickled down her neck'

and all the last part - the sick camaraderie between them and the necessary 'coveted personal space'.
smashing chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
I loved it :) Always nice to see a human take on what are otherwise monstrous actions.
x Lost Hero x chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
i love it! -pun intended- it was cute at the end with sweeney helping her.
Marzi chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Neat, I never really thought about how it would be chopping up people for the first time.. Very nice.
FarenMaddox chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
I've been avoiding your Sweeney Todd stories because that movie disturbed me so, but this one, I like for some reason. Yes, it's gruesome and awful and disgusting, but . . . you've worked your usual magic and infused Mrs. Lovett with life and emotion in the middle of this grotesque scene. Your strength as a writer is always going to be your ability to make me feel for your characters, and this story is no exception. Good work!
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Very nice. Always did wonder about the first pies, if they were hard for her or not. Hope that you write another one soon.
CrayfordDresden chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Good to have stories where we focus on Mrs Lovett's first time chopping a human up.

When Todd placed his hands over Lovetts hand to chop was hot. (is that wrong of me)

Love the line 'Your all the courage I need my dear'

Great work