Reviews for A Hard Knock Life
Lil-lo chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
I think you did a great job on all of the descriptions, even if I had to reread 4 to get it. I believe for 4 that it was A grandmother and not Shin's, but the point was that she had a wound that he identified with in a way where he played music for her.

I really like how you sum up everyone with words that haven't explicitly been spelled out but meaning that is really true. Takumi had the most clever description and mirrored what I felt overall about him, but Hachi's piece ended with the best two lines in the whole fic.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Interesting that Takumi's on the list. I like how you have the lady-I-can't-remember-the-name-of (who started him on his descent). The premise of this was funny and intruiging, and the writing was well done. You have a consistent voice in the piece, and your Shin doesn't overload on angst, which is good. Light touches can often do more than heavy handed ones, after all.
joyce chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
i really like the grandma one! it took me a while to realize it is his grandma ? i think. and the TAKUMI hahaha he'd never take money from takumi cause he's so scary.

i really really liked it. i love interactions between shin and other characters cause he's younger than the others but he doesnt act his age and they all accept him anyway. i'd think shin wouldn't take money from nobu but haha nobu's rich! and a nice guy. so yeah dont knwo what i'm talking about now i'll just stop typing :D
nechoco kitty chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
I love the grandma and the Hachi one especially. XD
KinkyEyepatchShit chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
i totally loved it. great detail, nicely written. good job!