Reviews for The Naming of Rhindon Wolfsbane
Odette03 chapter 4 . 1/10/2010
Well, I'm ambivalent. I like the ideas here...but having like 5 people tell the story was really disjointed...especially when it switched time periods all together. I'm also not a huge fan of the whole 'Rilian-had-a-son-while-he-was-enchanted' thing, which you've done in several stories. I liked the whole Sun thing, and her daughter (and the little happy ending, because I also like happy endings), but it seemed like you only briefly mentioned that the Sun herself was imprisoned...and THAT whole thing, with her rescue, didn't really seem in keeping with "The Last Battle." I'm also not sure Peter would've left Narnia, even the new end-of-the-world Narnia, because he IS the High King, including over Frank. I did enjoy the Epilogue with Tarian's emotions with giving back Rhindon. The overall feel of the story was very good and very interesting, and very Narnian. I think it could've been a bit longer to put in more detail so that I wasn't so totally confused. But, even with my nitpicking, you've captured the essence of Narnia, so good job.
anonymous chapter 4 . 6/4/2009
BO! To school! Anyway, awesome story, very nice! :):):):):):):)
KJ.CleverHeart chapter 3 . 6/28/2008
M, is the center of the sword actually supposed to say the line from the movie? I haven't read all of the books (only LWW, PC and a bit of Magician's Nephew, though I own all of them, and even those were a few years ago) but I have seen Prince Caspian in theatres four times and it says the lines that Peter and Lucy say... I'm forgetting them at the moment, but I believe it's "When Aslan bares his teeth winter will meet its death. When he shakes his main we will have spring again."

Just wondering since otherwise this seems plausible and a rather pretty story to tell, though here it sounds like you've made the sword read something different, which I don't disagree with, it fits here... Simply curious.
LA Knight chapter 4 . 6/13/2008
aw! Happy ending!

Do Peter and Rhianwyn (I so spelled that wrong) have little magical Narnian babies? )

YAY! Good story!
LA Knight chapter 3 . 6/13/2008
OMG! He killed her? Not on purpose but... jeez! She's brave! I don't think, even if I knew I'd come back, that I could impale myself on a sword, just like that. Yikes!
LA Knight chapter 2 . 6/13/2008
OMG! Doesn't that boy read fairytales? NEVER eat the food or drink the... beverages. wine, water, juice, ale, whatever. Don't drink it! Gah!
LA Knight chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
well, I'm intrigued. It never occurred to me that any of the Gifts might have ever been damaged. That almost gives me an idea...
lunarocks72107 chapter 4 . 5/26/2008
That's really really well done, and it did not have too much religion, or maybe that's just me being Jewish and not knowing the bible...
Elendraug chapter 4 . 5/18/2008
Having never read any C.S. Lewis I can't speak of him, but you write very much like Tolkien. It's exactly that sort of truly magical, legendary prose. Kept me spellbound the whole way.
warrior4 chapter 4 . 4/14/2008
The line from the movie is "To the CLEAR Northern Sky..." Nitpicky I know, but I'm a sucker for great movie lines like that one. All in all well done to wrap things up. I liked it that Peter was able to reclaim Rhindon. Very good way to finish it off.
Miniver chapter 4 . 4/13/2008
I love the idea of all Narnia's monarchs watching over her ever after, until her time ends. And I've never seen the line "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always..." applied to the native rulers; it's very powerful used that way. One thing especially standout about this story is that the powerful female characters aren't evil. After all, for whatever reason, there are so few women on the "good side" in Narnia, and we've lost Susan...Many thanks for your contribution. The ending, with Peter leading a version of the Wild Hunt, is spectacular.
InactiveNotUsed chapter 4 . 4/13/2008
The awesomeness strikes again! I thought this story was done, but this is a great epilogue.

I really don't know what I can say that would make this better - it's a great, self-contained story with just a HINT of romance; a lovely touch indeed.

Once again, Merc outshines herself with a really great story. Truly awesome work - I just love the Faerie touches and so forth. Absolutely amazing - I will be encouraging everyone to read this.
katherine chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
this was really good, i liked it. the part about how rhiainwyn forged the sword was really good, because it wasn't just something really simple and it seemed like it would have actually fit in the books. i'm a little confused about the ending, but i'll talk to you about it later. otherwise, i really liked it, it was good.
warrior4 chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
Very clever. I thought something was a little suspicious about the Lady of the Guilded Horn and the Mountian Queen when you introduced them. However I was more suspecting something along the lines of the White Witch. I'm glad this turned out the way it did. Very interesting take on the tale. Well done.
KCS chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
No, no, the lady is definitely not a MarySue. This has all the flavour of one of the original Narnia stories, simply lovely. Well done!