Reviews for The Melancholy of Shinigami Ryuk
What the hell. How suddenly his conclusions about his feelings changed. I've never read Haruhi Suzumiyha, true, but that was strange.
flairina chapter 19 . 1/23
Well, that was certainly well plotted out, and an entertaining story on the whole. I do have a rather strong distaste for how Haruhi treated everyone here, but it IS realistic given her character, so I find no fault in it. Events were interesting, satisfying conclusion- well done.

Because of that ending I can't stop thinking about Haruhi trying to find Kira so as to prove he's killing via supernatural methods, and putting on her "sleuthing hat" to try to join the investigation. Pfft.
MaDeR Levap chapter 3 . 10/9/2013
Well. It was fun reading until this moment.
"I know of their existence and that they are connected to these notebooks."
Jarring for two reasons. First, Asahina is brainwashed - she simply cannot reveal classfied information, both accidentally or intentionally. Cannot, PERIOD.
Second, why the hell time travellers from far future would know something about gods of death? Talk about eclectic juxtaposition. Sigh.
Quelthias chapter 19 . 9/29/2013
The fact that you are willing to kill off the sweetest nicest and cutest character in the series makes you such a bad man. And still, I like you for willing to do it.

The only way to possibly improve this is for you to post an omake of the rest of Haruhi's writings.
Of course we expect a little decrease in sanity.
neogoki chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
brand new madness for Kyon to deal with XD
Am I a Sadist for enjoying his despair?
Endless Strategy Games chapter 9 . 5/1/2013
This is really quite fascinating. You're on a roll. If there's one thing I'd point out, it's that I think Yuki is slightly out of character. She's speaking in plainer speak than usual, and I don't recall her ever being wrong about basic facts like Kyon knowing or not knowing about a dragon egg. And she definitely would never blush. Still, that's a minor issue.
Endless Strategy Games chapter 6 . 4/30/2013
"not only has Haruhi become aware of the existence of the Ruyk, but the rest of the school and many other people in this city have as well."

I think you skipped something. I thought only the SOS brigade knew. Did Haruhi just start walking around school and touching people with the notebook? And if that is what happened, then why isn't there a full on riot going on?
Endless Strategy Games chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
This is interesting. I can hardly guess how the plot will develop, but it's a good start. Not that it matters, but Kyon and Haruhi should be dead right now. You either forgot or ignored these rules:
"How to Use: IX

The Death Note will be rendered useless if the victim's name is misspelled four times.
If the victim's name was misspelled on purpose four or more times, the user along with the victim will die.
iShiney chapter 19 . 5/6/2012
Oh my, this is a very well written story! Very nicely done! :P
Unsigned chapter 19 . 4/9/2012
That was a fairly good ending - I'm a fan of open ones, too, and this still leaves canon to be followed.

I wish I saw Ryuk's reaction to Yuki's lifespan.
AlchemistofSilver chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
When I saw this on TVTropes' FanFicRecs page, I thought "Oh, no, they're going to make Haruhi completely OOC as a Magnificent Bastard evil person.

But this is much better. Of course Haruhi would add Ryuk to the Brigade. Of course she would.

And Kyon seems pretty snarky, too.

You, sir and/or madam, are awesome.
HaganeJonetsu chapter 19 . 2/5/2012
This story was..simply amazing. I loved the way you had focused on the relationships between the members of the Sos brigade, which is actually rarely seen in other haruhi fanfics. The idea of a crossover between death note and the haruhi series is also brilliant. Anyway, great job in writing an awesome fanfic!
Anime-StarWars-fan-zach chapter 19 . 11/14/2011
My my my! This was a very good story, and I love it. A shame it had to end! Maybe there is a sequel in the future for this, hm? Still, great job! Thanks for writing this.
Anime-StarWars-fan-zach chapter 16 . 11/14/2011
Oh. My. Haruhi. She...she killed Mikuru with the Death Note. Wow. I totally didn't see that coming...
Gundam-Issac chapter 19 . 7/15/2011
As you admitted yourself, the last two chapters did feel rather rushed, but i still think they were pretty good. Fun read.