Reviews for Concrete
littlemsstrawberry chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Oh me goodness. This is good! Those I feel cheated that death gigas didn't return to acknowledge yuffie's apology. But I love stories like this with yufie and Vincent's demons. Can anyone recommend me more stories like this?
ijustwannasay chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
What a lovely and interesting take on a subject hardly touched on. That Vincent doesn't entirely resent his demons...that their presence, though terrifying, could be a sick sort of comfort. *claps*
Erilin-chan chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Some really lovely musings! A very refreshing viewpoint. Brilliantly written.
fhclause chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Awww.. I think this is sooo sweet... When you out it that way, it's true.. they might be more human then we think...
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, "Concrete", has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Short Fic Category 2010. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by Youko-Kokuryuuha and passed to the preliminary reading rounds because of the quality your story possesses. On April 15th, the Shortlisting for the Genesis Awards will take place, and on June 15th the final results will be tallied and posted.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Best Regards,

Keveh Kins, Public Relations, The Genesis Awards
stxrseekers chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
.. I dont even know where to start!

This story was so beautifully written.

I hoenstly think Yuffie was the only one that truly connected with Vincent, and I can imagine this story in my head really well. I love this story, really, excellently done. :)
xXSilversilkenwingsXx chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
OMG!

This story is completely and utterly the most amazing thing i have ever read in my entire life. Okay, maybe that's a little overdoing it but seriously, this story has inspired so many of myown that i can not thank you enough. You are one of the best writers i have come across on this website. I love this story, i read it all the time and everytime i fall more in love with this. Considering how the world is right now, i guess i'm happy to read that someone agrees with me that not everything is as evil as it mey seem, and that everything can not be taken at face value. I can not thank you enough for this story, i hope you start writing chapter stories, i would love that!

I really can not think of anything else to say to express how much i love this story, really it's just amazing, please continue writing.
LiveLifeLikeNeverBefore chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I adore all four beasts! you fit them perfectly!

Luv from a Mutt.
The Levanter chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Your views on the demons has me seriously re-evaluating my opinion of them. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece.
Clan Dragoodle chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Evening La,

Curiosity was always a quirk of mine, and I came to a sick realization that I'd never read anything from the 'Great White Rose of GA' - La Editor.

Which I'm obviously changing...now.

I'll now speak strictly from impulse, as I'm still trying to wrap my own brain every detail used, and impulsively - I. loved. it.

And I normally don't participate in Yuffie/Vincent pairings - though I do like them.

And this piece makes me remember why I like them. They just work so well on different levels.

First off, your characterization of Yuffie (especially since this was from her POV) was spot on in sentence structure, grammar, and style. All of which make this piece so enjoyable, having these serious ideas juxtaposed with Yuffie's care-free demur.

Really packs a punch to have such a complex, and somewhat tragic goodbye so beautifully broken down to us in her speech.

And Vincent was spot on as well (usual). Adding his humor in his own little humanistic qualities.

But all-in-all, excellent work - highly entertaining with a different spin on Valentine's transformations. Only thing I would consider changing (and this is only if I'm being EXTREMELY/OVER THE TOP/PICKY, because I actually think it was PERFECT) - you mention a "French" horn.

Technically because you use phrases like: "Oh my Shiva" - that having France in a piece so well controlled to the FF world seems silly.

But that's me being strange.

LOVED IT!

Aerith Gast
Youko-Kokuryuuha chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
La, you blew my mind open with this one. Your descriptions were so vivid, especially of Hellmasker's scent and Death Gigas's expression. I felt like I could understand their personal pains. It made me feel sorry for them... well, for Death Gigas, anyway. Hellmasker freaked me the hell OUT. I was both awed and terrified at the same time. I think I wanted to cry a bit at the end, too.

So, yeah. Wow.

~Koky
SageEmpress chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
who is hellsmaker and death gigas-?
Nonsumpisces chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Your ability to write this all from the first person view of Yuffie and still keep in character and convey all the emotions throughout is amazing.

This has to be one the most original FFVII fanfics because it mentions Vincents lesser known demons , which is kind sad if you think about it. Most writers seem to forget they even have a very creative mind.
foxygirlchan chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
This story was amazing! I love it to bits!

I also dislike the ignoring of Death Gigas and Hellmasker. It might be because they were unattractive. Damn shallow fanfiction writers. Also, they weren't mentioned in DoC, which is also probably because they weren't attractive enough.

I want to write about them now! Gyah! You beat me to the punch. Oh well, I would never have been able to pull it off as beautifully as you could.

Great job! I really love how you write! Like I've said in a previous review, your style is very relaxed and it's very enjoyable and calming to read. I feel bad for Yuffie, and Death Gigas the most too, and you just gave the demons, even if they are demons, a personality.

I was watching this thing on TV while reading this too, and it was talking about inmates and stuff, and how they're crazy. One said he had a demon outside his window that hummed and sang and annoyed him, not letting him sleep. I suddenly wondered if Chaos did that to Vincent.

Anywho, I really love the mentions of Torture and Concrete in this fanfiction, and the ending doesn't feel like it's ended, but doesn't really cause you much grief, like you know you want more, but that's all there is and you can't do much about it.

Adrenaline junkie Galian makes me happy, by the way.

Great job! I can't really give any critique because this is better than anything I could ever make, and I really did not see anything wrong with this, and it was amazing and awesome and I love Yuffie, and if I keep writing it will just be a whole review of praise and how awesome you are.

Keep on doing what you do best!

Adios!
registered independent chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
oh...wow. this is absolutely beautiful. i find the repetition incredibly intriguing and definitely key in conveying the emotional tones. this story is so...i don't even know what to say. whatever i think of saying isn't nearly good enough. inspiring. truly inspiring and insightful.