Reviews for Through Sickness and Through Health
Skullfrost chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Is she... DEAD? If so, why is he smiling?
Strawberry Eggs chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Yeesh, I finally reach my one-thousandth review and I suddenly get fic-reading lazy again. Well okay, I've been busy with other things too, but I still usually have time to read and review at least one story a day. :/

Regardless, it's incredible how changing a couple of words and sentences here and there can change the whole mood and meaning of a story, isn't it? That you proved quite incredibly here. You changed the sweet, endearing mood of the original into a dark, morbid one with a touch of horror. Instead of "messy raven hair", it has become "greasy raven hair". Zelos says that her fever has "died down...way down..." in a very morbid sense. In the end of the original the smile was content but in this one, the smile is crooked, thogh both are small and ever present. These changes and others are subtle yet quite powerful indeed.

While it is certianly horrific for such a fate to befall Sheena and Zelos, I can imagine him doing just this. Losing Sheena after a long, sleepness night and he still lies there, running his fingers through her hair, knowing full well she will never wake again. It's gruesome, but very much tragic as well.

I really like what you did with this piece, taking a pervious work and altering it ever so to completely change the mood. Very well done indeed, Arky!
doragon no mizu chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Oh, I rather like it. You did a nice job promoting a subtle horror ambiance. It reminded me of A Rose for Emily, to be honest. Dear, dear... That is actually very likely with Zelos, isn't it?
onemoreeternity chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Wow, that was sad but well written, a complete rarity in this poor old section of FF . net nowadays. Bravo.

Never truly gone,