Reviews for The Widow and the Whack Job
dabbling chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Wow. Excellent.
gerfan chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
WOW! This is a really really well written piece, I think it is powerful, touching and heartfelt. Awesome job! I like the title!
Medea Callous chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Wow this is really nice too.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Also, forgot to say - love the title. As well as being totally perfect for a post-Amends story, I'm going to get all high-school book review-y and point out the use of alliteration is excellent too ;-)
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Good story, very sweet. It worked for me as a non-shipper too.
autumngold chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
What a sad, sad picture of Alex and Bobby! Thank goodness they have each other! Great story!
Blue Wolf2 chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Oh man...made me wanna cry! You portrayed their partnership well. Both from Bobby's perspective and society's. They go well together, no matter how crazy people may think they are. I loved the last two lines.

Great job!
The Confused One chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Aw. This is beautiful. I absolutely love it. I can see him thinking all of this at the end of Ammends. I'm so glad he went to her. She needed him in that moment. Fabulous work.
rindy713 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
wow, that was really good! i like what you did with this. and i love the scene at the end. very powerful!
Alliani chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
great short! amends is so very shippy inducing, i loved it!
Jei Hua Mae chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Fan-&$#%$-tastic!

I pictured her relinquishing control of the car almost exactly the same way, glad to see you had the same idea. I love his thoughts on having a hard time talking to Alex. That line, "talking to Alex Eames is like talking to that popular cool girl in high school who also happened to be smart and nice" is going to be with me forever as a defining Alex characteristic. And while I got the irony of Eames being at that wake I loved your comparison about her being the partner of the crazy guy and not the wife of a popular cop, because somehow I hadn't really thought of it like that. I loved your last few words of that section about the Widow's power. And I love you for that hug! After watching that episode-well, the last 2 seasons, really-*I* needed a hug, so I'm glad to see the characters getting some kind of emotional release.

After I read this I felt like standing up and cheering, it was that good. I hope you have a long and fruitful career writing LOCI fics!
Tate Sourwater chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
fantastic insight...extremely believable... misfits stick together :) well done.
TriStateCopFan chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Only one word for that story: EXCELLENT! Too many good/true lines to mention, but luv the one about his authority issues-priceless.

I re-watch that ep. all the time-such subtle things between them. I think Bobby, too, was close to tears when they drove away and he told her that he wasn't very popular either -I think learning what the Chief of D's called him really hurt-I mean, after all he's done for the NYPD, the MCS Squad, the City..making all the higher ups look good because of his (and Alex's) solve rate -and THAT's the thanks he gets. I also like the scene at the records dept. -when the guy called her "lady" and he said "you mean Detective Eames, don't ya?" -forcing the Sgt. to respect her ... yet a moment later, the Sgt. calls him "buddy" and Bobby doesn't bother to correct-he doesn't care that the guy doesn't recognize his rank-no ego there...he was just concerned about protecting her.

Anyway, you did a great job w/ this scene! Thoroughly enjoyed it! ...now where's that fav button?
PenAway chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
great job! keep up that writing and that wonderful perspective of yours. it's a gift and so is your writing!
Canmar chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Nice Adair...it's a great title pairing for the two of them. Looking forward to more chapters or more stories.